The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

HSH Princess Caroline reads T.S. Eliot and I think he is her fav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
This section will be opend for little detail and side-questions and information ... like: Whats Caroline's favourite colour? ( I don't know...if anyone has an idea...please put the answer here :))
Which books do they read?
Which tv shows they watch.
What's their fav salad?
Their fav McDonalds meal , How many times did they have to try to get their drivers licsence? etc.

To start with : Did you know.... about Albert's and his sister's golf-handicaps?

Albert : 19
Stephanie: 25
Caroline: 29

...what do you have ? :)
HSH Princess Caroline reads T.S. Eliot and I think "The Wasteland " by him is her fav.
She wears Chanel clothes and they are possibly her fav.
I think her colours are black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Stephanie said her sister reads a lot of philosophy and historical books.
Princess Caroline knows all the ancient Greek philosophers and their works.
She speaks five languages.
what a gal!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Princess Caroline knows all the ancient Greek philosophers and their works.
She speaks five languages.
what a gal!
Because she studied philosophy at the Sorbonne University.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

Loving story that famous painter Alejo Vidal-Quadras (best known as portraitist) shared about Princely family..

"On another occasion, in Monaco, to facilitate the settings for little Prince Albert and Princess Caroline, when I was painting their portraits, Princess Grace read them fairy stories. We were inn the nursery. To listen to her was a real pleasure, she used her acting talents and the children were fascinated. One of the stories was about Christmas, and the little Princess Caroline, aged four, suddenly interrupted her mother, “Mummy, tell me please, does Father Christmas live near my Palace?”

To read some more, click here (scroll down the page)

P.S. To see family's paintings made by Alejo Vidal- Quadras clik here or here
Old 07-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Serene Highness

I had totally forgot about this thread its so funny some of the story's in here has anyone got anything new to put in ?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post

Did you know.... Andrea asked Stephanie to make a cheesburger-eating competition. He won with 9...Steph made it to 6 ...
Andrea could use one or two or the whole nine cheesburgers thes days...
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

This thread from 2005-2007 is worth reviving !!
Very funny, especially Caroline's nickname at school was - Grimmy !!

Can anyone add scurrilous stuff about the "Grimmies" ??
Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Random fact I found out today - did you know that the Grimaldis are related to Brooke Shields? Brooke and the Grimaldis can all claim descent from Honore I. That therefore means that all of them are related (and this is probably well-known to some people here but it was new to me) to the Borgias, the Bourbons and the Torlonias - Brooke far more closely, her paternal grandmother, Donna Marina, was the youngest daughter of Prince Marino Torlonia.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know if you already know these ones, but... there they go...
Did you know that the Casiraghi siblings call Stephanie Tama?
Did you know that when she was a child, P. Caroline used to pretend that she was a very poor girl and that " her real family " ( wich wasn't obviously the Grimaldi ) would come one day to rescue hjer from her " cruel, miserable existence "?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

'Cruel, miserable existence'? Oh my!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I don't know if you already know these ones, but... there they go...
Did you know that the Casiraghi siblings call Stephanie Tama?
Did you know that when she was a child, P. Caroline used to pretend that she was a very poor girl and that " her real family " ( wich wasn't obviously the Grimaldi ) would come one day to rescue hjer from her " cruel, miserable existence "?
Tama? What does that mean? Where did you read it?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Tama? What does that mean? Where did you read it?
I know that Andrea used to call her Tama: Ta, for tante (aunt), ma, for marraine (godmother). I don´t know if the other siblings call her like that.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I know that Andrea used to call her Tama: Ta, for tante (aunt), ma, for marraine (godmother). I don´t know if the other siblings call her like that.
They did and often still do ... all of them do ... Alexandra picked it up too and I think I remember Ernst jr. and Christian call her Tama as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Serene Highness

And.. how do you know that?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Courtier

Because Seb is THE MASTER of Grimaldi general knowledge. He and Michelle of course. He's a little spy. I thought that the tradition had been continued on through Caroline's children but I didn't know it had gone as far as Ernst's children calling her that. How interesting. Thanks Seb!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

You're welcome ...

... Steph's kids call Albert 'Tonton' ( Caro's did too when they were little ...probably still do sometimes ) and Caroline ' Tata' .
Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Random fact I found out today - did you know that the Grimaldis are related to Brooke Shields? Brooke and the Grimaldis can all claim descent from Honore I. That therefore means that all of them are related (and this is probably well-known to some people here but it was new to me) to the Borgias, the Bourbons and the Torlonias - Brooke far more closely, her paternal grandmother, Donna Marina, was the youngest daughter of Prince Marino Torlonia.
I think there is also some connection with Brooke and Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton (PA's great grandmother via his grandmother Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis II's mother) as well. Not sure exactly what Brooke's connection is there though.

I think there is some other modern day celebrity that is related to the Grimaldi's similarly as well...can't think of who though.
Another Brooke tidbit: She and Albert dated, I believe in the early 1990s/late 1980s....

Another tidbit (that may already be here, I'm too lazy to look at the moment):
Did you know that when they were little, Princess Caroline used to bite Albert and he never said a word about it (fear of a bossy older sister, perhaps?)? And I guess Princess Grace used to find bite marks on him, and couldn't figure out where they came from, and saw Princess Caroline do it one day, bit her to teach her a lesson, and I guess the lesson worked, 'cause the biting stopped after that.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post

Did you know that when they were little, Princess Caroline used to bite Albert and he never said a word about it (fear of a bossy older sister, perhaps?)? And I guess Princess Grace used to find bite marks on him, and couldn't figure out where they came from, and saw Princess Caroline do it one day, bit her to teach her a lesson, and I guess the lesson worked, 'cause the biting stopped after that.
lol that's funny thank you (all) for sharing!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

.... Princess Stephanie participated twice in a game show called 'Qui veut gagner des millions' ( Who wants to be a millionaire ) ?

First time in 2004 with Stephane Bern. ( Don't have that vid)

Second time with Dove Attia ( producer of LeRoiSoleil ) in 2009.
I wanna put the video here and post some things about it ... but found out I can't upload it to youtube cause it's too long ...so it might take a moment...

Vidéo Fight Aids Monaco de WAM2009MOZART (Musique - WAM2009MOZART) - wat.tv

So here's some about it ( translation of a few things ):

- 3rd question is about the courus of the song 'Voyage, Voyage' ... you can hear Steph sing and she finds out how the lyrics go.
- 4th question is about the game 'Monopoly' ( french edition) -> which station is not in it? Steph plays the game sometimes with the kids, she's not sure at first though, but has the right answer at the end ... you can hear her say that 'Gare de l'est' is her 'last word' in three languages ( English, French, Spanish )
-5th question is about India and its emperor .. she has the answer quickly
- 6th question is the funniest one...it's about 'SpomgeBob' and his boss ... Stephanie knows of course that it's Mr Krabs ....she has three kids
- 7th question is about a movie and a character.... Steph makes a little fun of accountants
- 8th question is were they stumble and fall even though in the beginning Steph thinks it's easy -> it's about what kind of bread Jesus took and gave to feed 5000 poeple .... Steph reacts by saying ' f***' and that she rembers a lot of her catechism but not what kind of bread it was ...

They leave with 48 000 Euros for FAM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post

That's a wonderful story, I've only just found this thread and it's incredible interesting.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

... Stephanie loves to watch Law & Order
...some of Stephanies favourite casual brands are Abercrombie and Fitch, Morgan and Adidas.
... Stephanie has a house on Mauritius Island and the last time she was there with her kids they couldn't get back because of the volcaniv ash problem.
... Rob Lowe dated Stephanie in the 80s and before their first date he took a shower 4 times and started to prepare himself over and over again.
...that Grace had the idea for the design of the AS Monaco Football Club jerseys in the 1960s.
...Stephanie swims 1,5 to 2 km every morning.
...Camille loves the theatre - she has drama lessons... so behold her futur...
... about the Caroline and Stephanie - toilet- inceident ?
When Caro was 10 and Steph was 2/3 , Caro was playing with friends and found her little sister a tad too anoying she took her to the bathroom and tried to lower her head into the toilet ... ( Seriously Caro, have you gone bonkers )

Certainly have more ... later