The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 AM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Daily Life & Routines of the Princely Family of Monaco?

As I posted in the Imperial Family of Japan Forum, I am also curious to know HOW this family conducts its day to day affairs, of a NON-state nature or what a typical day (if there is such a thing?) of members of Monaco's Princely Family entails, please.

You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?

I have always wondered about how people of this Stature and upbringing really live, and how cloistered they truly are.

Thank you.
I hope my curiosity isn't too spooky . I don't intend for it, to be.

-- Abbie
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Sorry Abbie. This probably isn't a subject too many of us know about and that is probably the way palace security wants it. I have read in the forum that Stephanie can sometimes be seen walking her dog or walking her youngest child home from school though.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
I have no idea about Stephanie or Caroline, but over the years, Albert has let little tidbits be known here and there. Recently he has said that he still runs every morning and his typical day is filled with meetings. In the same interview (it was for the promotion of his foundation) he said that he rarely has time for even checking email, when asked if he does much blogging and stuff online.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
Sorry Abbie. This probably isn't a subject too many of us know about and that is probably the way palace security wants it. I have read in the forum that Stephanie can sometimes be seen walking her dog or walking her youngest child home from school though.
... when I started this very same Thread under to Japan's Royal Family Forum, too.

But, then "Poppy" came forward with all sorts of informationa and useful links, for me (for us!) to read and enjoy, under my Thread there! She had some great finds, really!

Oh, I AGREE that the Palaces don't want it broadcast how their own live, for security reasons -- I get that totally ... but, usually here someone knows something, or can sleuth out something on the Web that's useful, entertaining, informative for us.

Or, so I have found to be that case.

--- Abbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I have no idea about Stephanie or Caroline, but over the years, Albert has let little tidbits be known here and there. Recently he has said that he still runs every morning and his typical day is filled with meetings. In the same interview (it was for the promotion of his foundation) he said that he rarely has time for even checking email, when asked if he does much blogging and stuff online.

THANKS for this, Casiraghi!

Mmmmm, makes you wonder WHAT meetings he fills his day with, huh?

Monaco being such a small "country" and all ...

--- Abbie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Abigail View Post
You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?
In an interview Albert said he gets up or did at 8:30 I think it was. Makes his own breakfast of a 3 egg white omelet with the raw yolks on top, tea and the chef makes oat meal sometimes. He cooks for his friends. Has a TV in his room that he watched from bed as he goes over papers from the day, asleep around 1:00. Unless its an official function he prefers to drive himself. He use to run and work out. We've seen photo's of him with his trainer in the Palace gardens.
There's been pictures posted of Stephanie grocery shopping and Caroline shopping and one of her cooking.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 AM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Thumbs up Thank you, Lady McAlpine :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
In an interview Albert said he gets up or did at 8:30 I think it was. Makes his own breakfast of a 3 egg white omelet with the raw yolks on top, tea and the chef makes oat meal sometimes. He cooks for his friends. Has a TV in his room that he watched from bed as he goes over papers from the day, asleep around 1:00. Unless its an official function he prefers to drive himself. He use to run and work out. We've seen photo's of him with his trainer in the Palace gardens.
There's been pictures posted of Stephanie grocery shopping and Caroline shopping and one of her cooking.
Man, this is all fun stuff to know ... Maybe because I am American, and wasn't raised with and around Royalty, do I find this sort of knowledge more interesting than many might ...

Say, where can one find Pics of Stephanie and Caroline going about their daily activities, please?

Thanks again, for sharing this with me,

-- Abbie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Lady MacAlpine, thank you for posting this information about Albert's daily routine. I remember reading article, here at our forum, where Albert described his day.

I wish I could see those pics of Caro and Steph doing grocery shopping and cooking.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2008, 01:35 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
There is a thread here, I think the heading is something like "Shopping with the Grimaldis" that has some really fun pictures of Caroline and Stephanie grocery shopping. I haven't been in that thread for a couple of years now but remember how fun it was to randomly stumble on it and see such pics. Do a search for it. It's a good time.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-18-2008, 11:57 PM
HRHAmy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 764
Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.


__________________
HRHAmy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2008, 02:10 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Cool ANY little bit of information is helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.


This IS helpful, thank you Amy!

Any lil bit of information is better than none at all ... Yes, right you are, would that we knew everything about The Royals, huh? About all these meetings he allegedly attends ... Well, the Rags certainly do pic Albert frolicking about alot with The Lovelies, too. He's got to settle down one of these years, I dare say. He's obligated, now that he is the Head Honcho.

-- Abbie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Cool I wanted to add this, as well ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
Here is a link to an interview with Prince Albert. The reporter asked him what his day is like and he had a short answer which was cute, he said "you don't want to know, there are too many meetings." I hope this helps! I wish we did have more info.


INTERESTING, most how Albert speaks English with ... an American Accent, while Caroline sounds a bit British, and Stephanie (sounds) almost like an L.A.-area "Valley Girl"!

Also, notice how he speaks ... Very clipped and almost ill-at-ease appearing, IMHO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
michelle's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ***, Germany
Posts: 2,687
As for Stephanie's exercising routine ; she swims about 2 miles every morning.
__________________
.... and so I thank you, Michael ...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-19-2008, 04:15 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Abigail View Post
INTERESTING, most how Albert speaks English with ... an American Accent, while Caroline sounds a bit British, and Stephanie (sounds) almost like an L.A.-area "Valley Girl"!

Also, notice how he speaks ... Very clipped and almost ill-at-ease appearing, IMHO.
Albert and Stephanie both lived in the States for a while and Albert would attend camp here in the summer when young. Caroline also went to school in England.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Cool Yow-za!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
As for Stephanie's exercising routine ; she swims about 2 miles every morning.
Holy Cow!

Small wonder then that she's always looked so fit, and can eat hamburgers and what-not without a care!

Good for her
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-19-2008, 09:12 PM
HRH Abigail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 357
Wink Ahhhh sooooo ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Albert and Stephanie both lived in the States for a while and Albert would attend camp here in the summer when young. Caroline also went to school in England.
And, that would explain why they speak in the manner that they do, then!

Thank you, Lady-Mac!

--
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Albert also spent 4 years at Amherst College in Massachusetts followed by a couple of internships in Manhattan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
LadyMacAlpine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: *****, United States
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65 View Post
Albert also spent 4 years at Amherst College in Massachusetts followed by a couple of internships in Manhattan.
Perhaps that's how I should have worded it instead of he lived here for a while.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 AM
mizzy2006's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alor setar, Malaysia
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Abigail View Post
THANKS for this, Casiraghi!

Mmmmm, makes you wonder WHAT meetings he fills his day with, huh?

Monaco being such a small "country" and all ...

--- Abbie
Since they really 'rule' the country, I'm sure he has lots of things to discuss... Not so many changes he has done to the country compare to his father, maybe its still early
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Detroit, United States
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Abigail View Post
As I posted in the Imperial Family of Japan Forum, I am also curious to know HOW this family conducts its day to day affairs, of a NON-state nature or what a typical day (if there is such a thing?) of members of Monaco's Princely Family entails, please.

You know, when do they get up in the AM? What do they do? What do they eat? Do they cook at all for themselves? Do they shop? Run errands? And, what do they do in the evenings when ... Duty does NOT call?

I have always wondered about how people of this Stature and upbringing really live, and how cloistered they truly are.

Thank you.
I hope my curiosity isn't too spooky . I don't intend for it, to be.

-- Abbie
I'm not familiar with the day-to-day existence of the present princely family, however, I have several books on the lamented Princess Grace which details her daily schedule (awaking at 7:30 each morning, preparing/serving breakfast herself for The Prince and their children, seeing the children off to school (when they were of age), then around 10 am, she and her secretary would begin their workday in her palace office (where she would review the agenda of the palace manager and her own agenda of official engagements for the day), from there she would have lunch for two-hours with The Prince (if he weren't away on business) and then either proceed back to her office or prepare for an outside public engagement. Following this, she would spend time with the children (helping with homework, talking over their problems, etc.) and perhaps even share dinner with them before preparing herself for an evening function. She usually returned to the palace with her husband sometime before midnight and was asleep not too much long afterwards.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calendar of the Princely Family of Monaco tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 85 01-01-2012 09:09 AM
Funerals - Princely Family of Monaco Josefine Princely Family of Monaco 33 11-02-2009 07:14 PM
The Princely Family of Monaco from A to Z tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 19 05-04-2007 06:01 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]