Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know he's not?

If Albert isn't happy with this relationship don't you think he would have dumped her by now? Obviously that isn't the case.

she gave up her job to follow a man around,

Ah, yes, but most princesses in waiting have done that before including moving half-way around the world for their love. It's nothing new.

and walk behind him in events

Again, most princesses-in-waiting walk behind their man as well as current crown princesses. Again, not unusual.

if that is not one of the problem then what is?

It's not a problem in their world (royalty.) Many of them have done it prior to marrying a Crown Prince, Prince, or King. Once again, it's nothing new and not unusual. Furthermore, no one seems to have a problem with other current crown princesses when they were in Charlene's shoes, so again, what's the problem? The root of the problem, mind you.

:)

Last edited:
these princess(mary.max. grace etc)given up their job because they were getting married and all ready been accept by their family and the people, none of them were attend offical event walk behind them untill ring were on their finger i have not seen any other princess give up their jobs for about a year to follow their prince around hopeing for a ring,like i said before when i was in monaco two month ago the people think their relation is a joke, did they break up last summer, she is only there because he does not have anyone else now, if he see another person he will leave her'' like they said dont count her egg before they hachet'' untill they were announcement made she should have keep her job to show how indepented she is and how imporant her job mean to her. isn't what what the people look for in their futrue princess ? or do they want to see her as a doormat that rang around doing nothing to help her self but wait for her prince to do it all for her.

these princess(mary.max. grace etc)given up their job because they were getting married

Mary didn't give up her job to marry Frederik when she first moved to Europe (first Paris then to Denmark). She said it herself prior to moving that she wasn't sure where the relationship was going, but she felt that she should take a chance and see what happens. Once she made the final move, to Denmark, she still wasn't engaged to Frederik and was still unsure.

all ready been accept by their family and the people, none of them were attend offical event

That is incorrect in regarding Mary. So to say "all" is incorrect.

like i said before when i was in monaco two month ago the people think their relation is a joke,

Whether they did or not does not reflect the entire population of Monaco -- all 32,671 living souls -- that is unless you asked every single living person, 32,671, in Monaco whilst there.

Until there is an official poll where every single person had to take it or else they will go to jail regarding their thoughts about Charlene, I must be leary of your claim.

she is only there because he does not have anyone else now, if he see another person he will leave her

Speculation. Pure speculation, that is, of course, unless you knocked on his door and asked him personally when you where there.

untill they were announcement made she should have keep her job to show how indepented she is and how imporant her job mean to her

Perhaps for you, but maybe not for them. It is Albert and Charlene who are in this relationship, no one else. Moreover, it seems that they are perfectly happy. If the citizens of Monaco were so outraged by this union, why haven't they protested? Voiced their opinion for the world to hear or formed a group and go to the foreign press about relationship? So far, I haven't heard a thing.

isn't what what the people look for in their futrue princess ?

Depends on who you ask and what country it is. Most people really don't care, because in the end it really doesn't affect their everyday lives, if one seriously thinks about it.

Monaco is a wealthy and secure country. Everything seems fine and dandy, so why would they care if their Prince is dating a woman who may or may not have a job, but makes their Prince extremely happy and proclaimed her as his Official Companion.

Again, as long as the two who are in the relationship are over the moon, that's all that really matters. Unless, Monaco had internal problems whereupon the citizens were unhappy, etc, etc, then he should worry, but that isn't the case. Monaco isn't Nepal or Myanmar nor will it be anytime soon.

or do they want to see her as a doormat that rang around doing nothing to help her self but wait for her prince to do it all for her.

That's your perspective. Furthermore, I highly doubt the 32,671 people living in Monaco feel that way. If they do, could you provide a credible source/proof?

Last edited:
I have to laugh at all of the criticism leveled at Carla Bruni when in my opinion she's acted just like... a man! Shall we blame at least in part some of the men she's had these "relationships" or "flings" with? Could Mick, Raphael,etc.. have just made the decision that they weren't buying it? They were the married ones, not Carla.

As for Charlene, I'm not sure why she is such a villain. Prince Albert is what, almost 50 years old? Let's blame him for picking someone so much younger and "unsuitable" if she is. I have a feeling that he thinks she is quite suitable. She's young, attractive, he must enjoy her company - evidently that is what is on his list. :rolleyes:

Mary didn't give up her job to marry Frederik when she first moved to Europe (first Paris then to Denmark). She said it herself prior to moving that she wasn't sure where the relationship was going, but she felt that she should take a chance and see what happens. Once she made the final move, to Denmark, she still wasn't engaged to Frederik and was still unsure.

That is incorrect in regarding Mary. So to say "all" is incorrect.

Whether they did or not does not reflect the entire population of Monaco -- all 32,671 living souls -- that is unless you asked every single living person, 32,671, in Monaco whilst there.

Until there is an official poll where every single person had to take it or else they will go to jail regarding their thoughts about Charlene, I must be leary of your claim.

Speculation. Pure speculation, that is, of course, unless you knocked on his door and asked him personally when you where there.

Perhaps for you, but maybe not for them. It is Albert and Charlene who are in this relationship, no one else. Moreover, it seems that they are perfectly happy. If the citizens of Monaco were so outraged by this union, why haven't they protested? Voiced their opinion for the world to hear or formed a group and go to the foreign press about relationship? So far, I haven't heard a thing.

Depends on who you ask and what country it is. Most people really don't care, because in the end it really doesn't affect their everyday lives, if one seriously thinks about it.

Monaco is a wealthy and secure country. Everything seems fine and dandy, so why would they care if their Prince is dating a woman who may or may not have a job, but makes their Prince extremely happy and proclaimed her as his Official Companion.

Again, as long as the two who are in the relationship are over the moon, that's all that really matters. Unless, Monaco had internal problems whereupon the citizens were unhappy, etc, etc, then he should worry, but that isn't the case. Monaco isn't Nepal or Myanmar nor will it be anytime soon.

That's your perspective. Furthermore, I highly doubt the 32,671 people living in Monaco feel that way. If they do, could you provide a credible source/proof?

mary might have move to europe, but grace did not stop working in flim untill she got marry, she didnot stop acting and follow ranier around for about threeyears and hopeing for a ring, if she have done that people will not adore her so much and consider her role model like the way they do now, did they have a poll a while ago on how the people of monaco feel about charlene has their princess, if you miss it go back and look for it, before you write back p.s i did not ask every one that leave in monaco opinion since i was there on vacation i just ask some that i know how they feel, and i will applicate it if you respect their opinion, is their words not yours.

Sorry we can't post anything that isn't documented by a news source online.
Gosh, really? Haven't you been reading the forum lately or do I get to read radically different posts than you do? :flowers:

Besides, I challenged readers and posters on this board to substantiate their claims of Charlene's suitability and I still haven't read a single reaction. But I've read multiple ones, documented by news sources online :), that substantiated the opposite... :unsure: :confused:

JMO - please don't kill me!

Mary worked in France (Tutoring if I'm not mistaken) and in Denmark. Also Mary moved to Europe at the invitation of the Prince which meant that when he asked her to move he knew that she was the one he wanted to marry. She didn't have to follow him around for a ring and that's why the Danes and others love Mary so much.

At the end of the day, for the moment Albert has chosen Charlene for whatever reasons he sees fit and there is not a dang thing that anyone of us can do about it but live with it, get used to it.

Stellad

Gosh, really? Haven't you been reading the forum lately or do I get to read radically different posts than you do? :flowers:

Besides, I challenged readers and posters on this board to substantiate their claims of Charlene's suitability and I still haven't read a single reaction. But I've read multiple ones, documented by news sources online :), that substantiated the opposite... :unsure: :confused:

No one's going to kill you. But it is impossible for someone,other than PA, to decide for him, her suitability.

But we just yak, yak. I'm for the honor of womanhood-so its her business. I h ope she is sure of herself.

And I get deleted if I say further.

I did post something some time ago and a moderator deleted it and I was told that came from another Forum and hearsay I couldn't post it, etc., when in fact that wasn't true. I hadn't read much in over a year on Charlene and this relationship until around November 2007 finding the topic not to my liking in the dislike for her. I did begin to catch up and I'm trying to be nice by not saying more in regard to the relationship.

Last edited:

With all due respect you must be reading different articles than some of us because she has put her foot in her mouth on more than one occasion to be polite. For example she has no interest in education but the recent Paris Match article she tries to sound like she is well read and interested in intellectual persuits. The excuse for moving to Monaco to pursue her swimming in a warmer climate and then her rather rude comments to the French Prime Minister (I don't care if anyone respects the man but you have to respect his position). I could go on but I would be accused of ranting. These are just a couple small examples. For me it has nothing to do with her clothes or whether she is pretty it has to do with her character. Her statements of untruthfulness did for me. You can always make over a person's hair, clothes etc but you can't make over their personalities - her's has come through loud and clear in her own words in interviews. JMO

No one's going to kill you. But it is impossible for someone,other than PA, to decide for him, her suitability.

But we just yak, yak. I'm for the honor of womanhood-so its her business. I h ope she is sure of herself.

And I get deleted if I say further.

Hi Olga!

There is a saying that goes - a man is judged more for the woman he marries than he is for his accomplishments. Sorry I can't remember the source which is a shame but I'm sure I'll remember it at some point.

I disagree, GT. You're also speculating that Charlene makes him "extremely happy." There are other reasons men stay in relationships besides being in love ie the "benefits" shall we say...And I don't know any woman who would be proud to be called a man's official companion. I would be humiliated. He didn't call her a girlfriend, friend, fiancee, words that relay some sort of affectionate meaning. To be called "official companion" is sort of the 21st century way of saying she's a courtesan, a woman who's there to give pleasure to the Prince.

mary might have move to europe, but grace did not stop working in flim untill she got marry, she didnot stop acting and follow ranier around for about threeyears and hopeing for a ring, if she have done that people will not adore her so much and consider her role model like the way they do now, did they have a poll a while ago on how the people of monaco feel about charlene has their princess, if you miss it go back and look for it...

So you're telling me that every single -- 32,671 citizens of Monaco -- were forced to take a mandatory poll asking whether or not they approved of Charlene?

Are you sure it wasn't the HELLO! magazine poll whereupon people, many who perhaps do not live in Monaco, can vote over and over again essentially highjacking the poll? The latter sounds more likely.

p.s i did not ask every one that leave in monaco opinion since

Of course you didn't. You missed my point.

and i will applicate it if you respect their opinion, is their words not yours.

How can I honor their opinions -- who, by the way, are not on TRF -- if I have never interacted with them before? How do any of us know if your claims are made by one person, twenty, or none at all? The answer is, we don't.

With all due respect, but I'm not going to trust on blind faith here when it comes to your claims that everyone in Monaco finds Charlene completely unsuitable and essentially dislike her.

:flowers:

You're also speculating that Charlene makes him "extremely happy." There are other reasons men stay in relationships besides being in love ie the "benefits" shall we say

Ah, but you too are speculating that men (rather implying Albert) on a whole or in his similar position, are only staying with a woman, similar to or Charlene herself, for "benefits."

How do you know? A majority would say that you don't know. The same way that perhaps I was wrong when I over-exaggerated by using the word "extremely." Second, if a man only wanted a woman for "benefits" they would never take them out to events over and over again.

And I don't know any woman who would be proud to be called a man's official companion. I would be humiliated.

Key phrase: I don't know any woman.

This is speculation and a definition that doesn't apply to every single woman on the planet, BB.

For billions of women out there, the answer would most likely be opposite of your views. Not every single woman on the face of the Earth feels the same way you do. In fact, I personally know several people who have been in long term relationships -- gay and straight -- that are proud to refer to their significant other as "companion" and/or as "long term companion." It all depends on the people involved in the relationship and what terms they are comfortable with.

If Charlene wasn't happy with that term or her situation, I'm sure she would have said something or done something more drastic like leaving Monaco for good. So far she hasn't and she is still there.

when he asked her to move he knew that she was the one he wanted to marry

That's incorrect. Frederik never said nor implied that Mary was the one he wanted to marry the moment she moved to Denmark.

So, to wrap it up, Albert and Charlene seem happy together.

Last edited:
Why don't you guys just close these threads on Charlene? She is not part of the Monaco family? And if no one likes or respects the opinions of others? Moderators fighting with posters? -Just close the Charlene threads down - that should end the problem? It's like Fox News over here!:rolleyes: (IMO)

I agree completely with you, BurberryBrit, I will add that never Albert did not say in an interview that Charlene was his official companion, he refers to her as being "mlle Wittstock" in the tchat "the activities of Miss WITTSTOCK moved away it from the Principality at this period."

I appear the relation Carla Bruni And Sarkozy with the relation Charlene and Albert: 2 months and already a ring of engagement / 3 years and nothing not ring!!! if Carla and Nicolas play us the comedy of the happy couple!! then they play better than Charlene and Albert!! Moreover that makes me laugh at reading in Paris Match: Charlene and her discrete charm!!!! Charlène discretion does not know

I will not quote the many points which prove it

Last edited:
Why don't you guys just close these threads on Charlene? She is not part of the Monaco family? And if no one likes or respects the opinions of others? Moderators fighting with posters? -Just close the Charlene threads down - that should end the problem? It's like Fox News over here!:rolleyes: (IMO)

First, it will take more than few members' dissatisfaction at the turn of events or a boisterous discussion to permanently close a thread.

Second, Charlene may not be a member of the Monaco family, however, as Albert's girlfriend, she deserves a thread on this forum, just as other princes and princesses have threads for their girlfriends and boyfriends respectively in other forums.

Third, I can respect "your" opinion without necessarily agreeing with it nor wanting to hear it over and over again.

Fourth, since this thread is dedicated to Charlene's current events, there should be no reason to rehash Charlene's past history here.

Fifth, for future reference, as per our Community Rules, if you have any suggestions or encounter any problems in this thread, you should send a PM to a member of the moderating team rather than discuss them on the boards.

Last edited:
As for Charlene, I'm not sure why she is such a villain. Prince Albert is what, almost 50 years old? Let's blame him for picking someone so much younger and "unsuitable" if she is. I have a feeling that he thinks she is quite suitable. She's young, attractive, he must enjoy her company - evidently that is what is on his list. :rolleyes:

Yeah, for the Grimaldis, that's really the whole point. Just to marry someone they enjoy being with, who is attractive and appropriate, and extra points if love is involved, is really ever the main point for the Grimaldis. They are not usually a family that cares much about breeding or something. I think Charlene Wittstock is every inch as good enough to marry into this clan as Daniel Ducruet, Stefano Casiraghi, Philippe Junot, Grace Kelly. Grace was a brilliant and beautiful and classy woman, but there is no reason to think Charlene is not as intelligent or capable to be Princess of Monaco. I'm not even a particular admirer of Charlene. In fact, I am totally neutral about her. If she is the consort for Albert, power to them. I think she will do well.

Yeah, for the Grimaldis, that's really the whole point. Just to marry someone they enjoy being with, who is attractive and appropriate, and extra points if love is involved, is really ever the main point for the Grimaldis. They are not usually a family that cares much about breeding or something. I think Charlene Wittstock is every inch as good enough to marry into this clan as Daniel Ducruet, Stefano Casiraghi, Philippe Junot, Grace Kelly. Grace was a brilliant and beautiful and classy woman, but there is no reason to think Charlene is not as intelligent or capable to be Princess of Monaco. I'm not even a particular admirer of Charlene. In fact, I am totally neutral about her. If she is the consort for Albert, power to them. I think she will do well.

CT, you took the words right out of my mouth. I am not a big admirer of Charlene either, but the members of the Princely family have not chosen what I would describe as stellar spouses for some time now. Grace Kelly, God rest her soul, was a magnificent woman but she was an actress at a time when a Prince marrying an actress was just a step up from...well, let's just say it wasn't considered a great thing no matter how beautiful the woman or how great her manners. I am willing to take a wait and see on the CW situation...I have said it many times, Albert could do a whole lot worse.

I disagree, GT. You're also speculating that Charlene makes him "extremely happy." There are other reasons men stay in relationships besides being in love ie the "benefits" shall we say...And I don't know any woman who would be proud to be called a man's official companion. I would be humiliated. He didn't call her a girlfriend, friend, fiancee, words that relay some sort of affectionate meaning. To be called "official companion" is sort of the 21st century way of saying she's a courtesan, a woman who's there to give pleasure to the Prince.

Honestly, I can't disagree or agree fully one way or the other, because I am not sure who made up the phrase for Charlene to be "official companion", the media or the Princely court? I lean towards the media coining the phrase. We all remember how many consorts, both male and female, have been prostituted by the media. How many times did the media call The Duke of Edinburgh a "kept man"? Closer to home for CW/PA, poor Stefano Casiraghi was called "Carolino". But maybe Albert does something to encourage, or not enough to discourage, the use of the phrase, I have no idea. On principal, I agree with BB that it would be terrible to be called "official companion". But if it's only the tabloids that use the phrase, and not credible press, and certainly not Palace communiques, I should hope this is not how Albert sees Charlene, anymore than it's likely Caroline ever called her husband Carolino. :lol:

I, personally am ok (not that I count, but imo)with whomever he chooses. I do take an interest in his happiness, So if he's happy, marvey. But, (if I don't get bleaked) I just wish he could say something that indicates, he a gentleman is involved or speak a word of loveliness or delight in his woman--just something other than,of course, the parading.

It would make him seem like, or be accounted as, rather than just looking like a man smitten. But I can dream can't I, can't I? (That's a song)

First, it will take more than few members' dissatisfaction at the turn of events or a boisterous discussion to permanently close a thread.

Second, Charlene may not be a member of the Monaco family, however, as Albert's girlfriend, she deserves a thread on this forum, just as other princes and princesses have threads for their girlfriends and boyfriends respectively in other forums.

Third, I can respect "your" opinion without necessarily agreeing with it nor wanting to hear it over and over again.

Fourth, since this thread is dedicated to Charlene's current events, there should be no reason to rehash Charlene's past history here.

Fifth, for future reference, as per our Community Rules, if you have any suggestions or encounter any problems in this thread, you should send a PM
to a member of the moderating team rather than discuss them on the boards.

Mandy,

I just thought I would offer up a suggestion, as it doesn't seem that there is anyway of pleasing anyone.

Also Mandy, I'm not positive it was you or another moderator, but there was some going back and forth not so long ago, and some of us that held or hold negative opinions of Charlene, being constantly badgered as to having to substantiate why we held our negative opinions - that they were unfair (says who?, our opinions are our opinions, too bad if someone thinks they are unfair? They are our opinions nothing is going to change that). I was told that I should be patient and help out those that did not care to do their own research, which led to the constant rehash (which I was the one complaining about in the first place) of the same reasons why many have an unfavorable opinion. It was the moderators that suggested us to help out the new people on the board? Then when we did this, we got pounded for bashing and rehashing? Because I guess our opinions were thought unfair because we brought up past history and therefore not valid? Although I would say people tried to show the consistancy people were still accused of bashing? Also, I believe the words young and old were used by I believe you Mandy, I am not positive? I didn't know what that meant I assumed you or the moderator meant old and new and tried to correct it, in fact I got attacked for the remark from the poster, the poster attributed the remark to me not the moderator? No one stepped in to take responsibility for their own remark? Some people seem to just want to attack other posters for any reason without even reading the posts? And it seems to be allowed? I see the same posters picking fights with different people which seems fine as long as they constantly praise the moderator. I'm sure this doesn't effect any favoritism for certain posters?:rolleyes: whether or not it does it certainly shows the appearance of it! Anyway to go back that was one reason for the rehashing? I believe it doesn't make a difference to some posters at what time in a person's history they chose to show bad character? Bad character is bad character, whether it was last week or last year? If one's husband cheats on them, is it ok because it was a year ago and not last week? I think this girls conduct bothers some people whether it was last week or last year? Everyone has a different opinion here about character? I don't doubt you have a tough job here, and it might seem harsh to constantly disparage this woman, but many feel she has invited it herself. She is not nine years old, I'm not sure why people seem to want to protect her as if she is a child? Princess Grace was 26? I don't think she would have been allowed the same mistakes? I was just passing by on the thread when I saw the same old thing going on? I offer up my opinion above because this seems to be the root of the problem on these threads, there seems no way of alleviating it? Also I might add, there are a few here who might have different experience or knowledge re Charlene that is not always published? There are many posters from different backgrounds and personal experience here, who is to say why people hold their opinions or is privy to info that others are not and different than those for people who want to dispute others opinions? It is obvious Albert has no problem with taking claim to a realtionship with Charlene, although he doesn't care to put a title to it as yet? But it is clear he doesn't have enough problem with Charlene to send her home and seems happy enough to have her in Monaco, by his side, and in public, whatever the reasons. That is evident! How happy they make each other is obviously only a question they each can answer for themselves? As long as Charlene is in his company, I imagine he has no problem with her at the present moment. But he has gotten himself into some embarrassing situations in the past, and I believe some of the comments are meant to shout him down from a cliff he has jumped off twice before! That might sound funny and ridiculous, but I think there is some truth in this? Good luck to them both! And again I don't envy your position here moderating this thread, I was just trying to offer up a solution instead of a resemblance of a bad daytime talk show! Best of Luck, Mandy!:flowers:

Honestly, I can't disagree or agree fully one way or the other, because I am not sure who made up the phrase for Charlene to be "official companion", the media or the Princely court? I lean towards the media coining the phrase. We all remember how many consorts, both male and female, have been prostituted by the media. How many times did the media call The Duke of Edinburgh a "kept man"? Closer to home for CW/PA, poor Stefano Casiraghi was called "Carolino". But maybe Albert does something to encourage, or not enough to discourage, the use of the phrase, I have no idea. On principal, I agree with BB that it would be terrible to be called "official companion". But if it's only the tabloids that use the phrase, and not credible press, and certainly not Palace communiques, I should hope this is not how Albert sees Charlene, anymore than it's likely Caroline ever called her husband Carolino. :lol:
And to add to the aforementioned rehashing I'm going to rehash for the umpteenth time the origins of "official companion". People have explained the term before me and IIRC, I have done so at least once as well on this forum.

A reporter contacted the palace and asked how he/she should refer to Charlene. He was told she was a companion. Seeing that this "name" for her came from the palace, note: an official source, someone coined the term official companion.

Here's this week's cover of the German magazine "Bunte"
with a nice pic of Charlene on it, the title says "Charlene
- The new Princess of Monaco" and contains the story
of Albert and Charlene's relationship:

Bunte 17.01.2008

It's so hilarious to me how much controversy Charlene ignites on the forums and everywhere. I mean, what is the point of following the current events of someone one dislikes so terribly much? It's like, if you don't like her, ignore her. I will never understand it, I guess. I guess I am just too stupid or uneducated such things. :rolleyes: :lol:

It's so hilarious to me how much controversy Charlene ignites on the forums and everywhere. I mean, what is the point of following the current events of someone one dislikes so terribly much? It's like, if you don't like her, ignore her. I will never understand it, I guess. I guess I am just too stupid or uneducated such things. :rolleyes: :lol:
The point of it is, that I can't follow the current events of prince Albert without having the current events of Charlene shoved in my face. I don't want to follow her current events, but I can't escape them. Ignoring doesn't work because the only way I can do that is by avoiding anything to do with Monaco, the Monegasque royal family and basically everything else that happens in the world. I couldn't even watch the rugby world cup, the French soccer league or the opening of the Turin Olympics without seeing her! I can't read anything about Sarkozy because his current relationship is being compared to something fitting for Monaco! I can't go past the magazine stands in the shop because she's perpetually on the front page of some magazine or other! (I'm not exaggerating here. It's true. :verysad:) The only way I might avoid her is by locking myself up in the cellar without any means of communication and die there. She's unavoidable. You're living in the States, it might be different for you, but here in Europe it's very, very hard to avoid her.

The point of it is, that I can't follow the current events of prince Albert without having the current events of Charlene shoved in my face. I don't want to follow her current events, but I can't escape them. Ignoring doesn't work because the only way I can do that is by avoiding anything to do with Monaco, the Monegasque royal family and basically everything else that happens in the world. I couldn't even watch the rugby world cup, the French soccer league or the opening of the Turin Olympics without seeing her! I can't read anything about Sarkozy because his current relationship is being compared to something fitting for Monaco! I can't go past the magazine stands in the shop because she's perpetually on the front page of some magazine or other! (I'm not exaggerating here. It's true. :verysad:) The only way I might avoid her is by locking myself up in the cellar without any means of communication and die there. She's unavoidable. You're living in the States, it might be different for you, but here in Europe it's very, very hard to avoid her.
From what I've heard you are very correct. If you want to know anything about Monaco you best accept the fact Charlene will be in the picture in some form or another and people have to get use to it until Albert decides he's had enough of her and sends her back to SA which I don't see happening at least anytime soon. Plus we all need to be realist on this Charlene isn't the type to pack and run because she isn't getting her way or he's seeing another woman. That's a reason to try harder.

Very true comments about Monaco and Charlene. It is hard because she's so entangled in his affairs (no pun intended).

However, I have noticed in the Philly area that some Paris Match covers unless it's something positive about Albert tend to have different covers than the ones posted here or they simply don't carry that particular one. So Charlene doesn't get face time in Philly.The magazines covers and articles posted from these magazines turn up here when I tune in here to see what's going on on my favorite soap opera.

Yeah, you're right, in the US it could not be more different. Boy, mention Charlene Wittstock news to someone in Los Angeles and you might as well be saying something in Elfish. :lol: Gosh, she and Albert really get press in Philadelphia?! I used to live there, for about four years, and I never met anyone who knew a damn thing about the Grimaldis except yes, the Kelly link and that the Kellys were from Philly, but still, I never met anyone who cared or knew more about it. I used to pass the statue of Jack Kelly every day, because I would go running along the river, and, of course, knew exactly who he was, but never met anyone there who cared about it. :D

Yeah, you're right, in the US it could not be more different. Boy, mention Charlene Wittstock news to someone in Los Angeles and you might as well be saying something in Elfish. :lol: Gosh, she and Albert really get press in Philadelphia?! I used to live there, for about four years, and I never met anyone who knew a damn thing about the Grimaldis except yes, the Kelly link and that the Kellys were from Philly, but still, I never met anyone who cared or knew more about it. I used to pass the statue of Jack Kelly every day, because I would go running along the river, and, of course, knew exactly who he was, but never met anyone there who cared about it. :D

Read my post above where I say that the covers of Paris Match get changed. Also it must be a generation thing because one of the most requested items at the Philadelphia Museum of Art still is Grace's wedding dress. It's popularity hasn't seemed to have died. So those that don't know the Kelly name other than the drive being named for them are probably a lot younger. Also you are rather brave to have jogged along boat house row area I never considered that a safe place even in broad day light. JMO

^ Not really so brave. It's a crowded place on weekends and the rowers get out there pretty earlier as I recall. I actually always enjoyed it, never had any sense of fear at all. I felt relaxed and happy there. hmmm........ weird.
Maybe it has changed. It was still the 90s when I was there so who knows....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom