The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Administrator

Here's a gallery of Prince Albert, Princess Charlene, Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, Pierre, Camille and Alexandra arriving for the mass yesterday:

** pm: Un bien triste rendez-vous pour Charlène, Caroline et Stéphanie **

Old 04-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Princess Charlene ever meet late Pcs Rainier?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if princess Charlene met Prince Rainier, but it was her duty to be present to this mass . here are news photos of the family attending the mass

Monaco : Albert, Charlene, Caroline et Stéphanie recueillis, Rainier III célébré

Here is the video of the mass, and at the end of the ceremony, the princely family gathered on the graves of Prince rainier and princess Grace and received all the former collaborators of Prince rainier at the palace

Hommage au Prince Rainier III à Monaco / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Old 04-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I like it that the Prince of Monaco still makes use of the special royal dais in the church. Together with the King of Sweden, he is only one of the few still to do so. See example:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wj1kk7chvw...l-Family-1.jpg .

In other monarchies they often have the best place (first row) or close to the Altar but often there is also a special royal dais or loge. See example (this one in Apeldoorn, Netherlands, near Het Loo Palace). Sadly often no longer used, the royals preferring to sit with the congregration.

My compliments for the Prince for continuing to use the special loge princier. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Here is the video of the mass, and at the end of the ceremony, the princely family gathered on the graves of Prince rainier and princess Grace and received all the former collaborators of Prince rainier at the palace

Hommage au Prince Rainier III à Monaco / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
What a nice video. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Courtier

As far as I'm aware Fandesacs2003, Charlene and Rainier never met. By the time she started to see Albert I think Rainier was already very frail.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
As far as I'm aware Fandesacs2003, Charlene and Rainier never met. By the time she started to see Albert I think Rainier was already very frail.

Thanks Florestane. I wonder if Pcs Rainier would appreciate Charlene. Who knows.
Other matter. I do not understand why Charlotte and Andrea did not attend. Especially from Paris Charlotte could make it in one day go and come back.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Well I expect Andrea was staying close to Tatiana who is very close to giving birth, I believe. Who knows about Charlotte? As for Rainier and Charlene I'm not sure they would have had much in common but it's only conjecture - impossible to say really.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte was there thru Easter. Gad has been sick. Looks like he cancelled some of his concerts due the flu.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I don't know if princess Charlene met Prince Rainier, but it was her duty to be present to this mass . here are news photos of the family attending the mass

Monaco : Albert, Charlene, Caroline et Stéphanie recueillis, Rainier III célébré

That small video at the end where Albert, Caroline and Stephanie greeted members of their late father's Household and staff was quite touching. The Grimaldi children probably knew most of them from their infancies. One of them spoke to Princess Stephanie with particular affection.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Fandesacs2003,
Why prince Rainier would not have appreciate Charlene?

She was a fresh a woman, a true sportive woman and without skandal.and a warm person, he would know that the monegash people would love her.

At that Times, he wanted so much that his son would married, He never wanted a princess , but a person like her who would love his son and give heirs to the throne of Grimaldi. His two daughters were not happy in the wedding.

He would be now very proud of his son , his daughter in law and of the princely twins.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Fandesacs2003,
Why prince Rainier would not have appreciate Charlene?

She was a fresh a woman, a true sportive woman and without skandal.and a warm person, he would know that the monegash people would love her.

At that Times, he wanted so much that his son would married, He never wanted a princess , but a person like her who would love his son and give heirs to the throne of Grimaldi. His two daughters were not happy in the wedding.

He would be now very proud of his son , his daughter in law and of the princely twins.
I do no suggest that Pcs Rainier would not like Charlene, i frankly do not know. Nevertheless, it could be for many reasons. She is not royal, even not upper class raised up, and 20 years younger to his sons. Some parents would find enough these reasons for notnliking someone, Pcs Rainier might no, who knows?
Why do you say that his two sistersnwere not happy? They were crying by emotion, it does not mean they were not happy! Sometimes you cry by happiness.
Back to the topic, the ceremony was touching, despite Charlotte's and Andrea's absence. I liked Charlene and Caroline wearing mantilla, but why Stephanie did ot wear? It is not an obligation? In the funeral they both worn.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Administrator

The ongoing discussion about marriages, relationships and other topics has been deleted as off-topic. Let's please get back to the topic of this thread - thank you!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Stéphanie never wore a hat She wore only a mantilla at the funeral of her father. Charlene and Caroline wore always a mantilla .
Tatiana must give life to her second baby very soon, I think that Andréa prefered to stay near her wife. I understand him.
Perhaps Charlotte had a equestrian race this day.
Pauline and Louis are in USA
But we see that the family was united in the memory of Prince Rainier

Excuse me, I did a mistake in my language, of course, Caroline and Stéphanie were happy during the ceremony of wedding of Albert and Charlene.
1000 excuses.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I dind't expceted a mantilla for Stephanie, to be honest. She even pulled her hair back in a simple bun for Albert's wedding... But if I rembember correcly, she wore one at Ranier's funeral... (And Antoinette's funeral ceremony too)...