Anniversary Masses for HSH Prince Rainier III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mwhite3182 said:
I must say Prince Albert is looking quite trim at the service.

Thanks for pointing it out..I didn't notice..but you're right..He looks good..:)
It's great to see all three siblings together..smiling...

The tall dark hair man on the right side of post # 106--Is that Christian Demassey-Antionette's son?

teense said:
The tall dark hair man on the right side of post # 106--Is that Christian Demassey-Antionette's son?

Doesn't look like him....I guess it's not him...

From reading several message forums (a collection of boards), boards (with one topic and a lot of threads) , PMs and emails, I have determined the following:
Alexandra, Pauline, Louis, and Camille were at the Palace during the service. There was a fuss with one of the little girls which caused her mother to delay Albert and the other sister (I do not know whether Caroline/Alexandra or Stephanie/Camille). The walk took longer from the Palace to the chapel than anticipated. This all lead to the late arrival and start of the mass.

There was a big family dinner with the Grimaldi trio and all of their children (and in Caroline's case-spouse) after the service. They used the same dishes Rainier used after Grace's funeral--supposedly her favorite set.

Stephanie and her children stayed over at the Palace though I thought they were moving in? Caroline, Ernst and Alexandra stayed at their house in MC. I don't know if the Casiraghi Trio helio'd out to Nice and beyond that evening or the next day.

No, Nicole nor Eric Alexandre were not [seen] in Monaco the entire day.

I think I need to find something else to read for a bit. I'm getting a tad obsessive and it would creep me out if someone were like this over me and my family.

Ann

acid_rain3075 said:
But it's still a memeorial service! Things like that are not to be taken lightly even a year on!:mad:

The thing is, you see the whole family smiling in many of these pics. You see Laetitia de Massy downright LAUGHING in several pics! I don't think the smiling and laughing equates disrespect or means they have less feeling for the deceased. As Michelle said, the cameras click and capture literally a second-by-second of their facial expressions, nods, glances, speaking here, speaking there. And in that pic that you originally commented on, with Char smiling, you see Andrea beside her, obviously either suppressing a smile himself or about to break out into a grin.The bottom line is, it's a year later. They have more perspective now. Think about Rainier's personality. Remember how jovial he always was. If he were able to be at his own memorial service, he'd be making jokes. He would want them to be smiling.

char looked like a beautiful silent movie star...

xtan said:
char looked like a beautiful silent movie star...

Thank Grandma Grace for that, as well as her shapely legs (just like Caroline's and Steph's) and not the thick, matronly Grimaldi gams. Sorry for being so trivial and almost childish, but this truth always becomes so apparent for me whenever a family gathering like this occurs, and Rainier and Grace's side of the family simply stands out in the photos.

That's why I also hope that Caroline, Stephanie and their children are also close with their Kelly relatives. I know Albert is.

teense said:
NO, he (the man in the pic) was seated in the service behind Steph, so it must be one of PAs aide de camp.

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
From reading several message forums (a collection of boards), boards (with one topic and a lot of threads) , PMs and emails, I have determined the following:
Alexandra, Pauline, Louis, and Camille were at the Palace during the service. There was a fuss with one of the little girls which caused her mother to delay Albert and the other sister (I do not know whether Caroline/Alexandra or Stephanie/Camille). The walk took longer from the Palace to the chapel than anticipated. This all lead to the late arrival and start of the mass.

There was a big family dinner with the Grimaldi trio and all of their children (and in Caroline's case-spouse) after the service. They used the same dishes Rainier used after Grace's funeral--supposedly her favorite set.

Stephanie and her children stayed over at the Palace though I thought they were moving in? Caroline, Ernst and Alexandra stayed at their house in MC. I don't know if the Casiraghi Trio helio'd out to Nice and beyond that evening or the next day.

No, Nicole nor Eric Alexandre were not [seen] in Monaco the entire day.

I think I need to find something else to read for a bit. I'm getting a tad obsessive and it would creep me out if someone were like this over me and my family.

Ann

Just a little correection: Albert and his sisters drove to the Cathdral and after the service walked back to the Palace (wich BTW is like 5 minutes walk away, maybe less).

Kisses

Grace said:
Just a little correection: Albert and his sisters drove to the Cathdral and after the service walked back to the Palace (wich BTW is like 5 minutes walk away, maybe less).

Kisses
That is correct and I might add that I left church after them and walked past the palace on my way home as the photographers were getting themselves into position in front of the palace for the last pics.

And as to PA being late: he is very well known for never being on time. It is apparently one of his bad habbits which is usually forgiven, but at this particular occasion, especially the elder Monegasques were not happy about it.

I sympathize with the elder citizens of Monaco.

A "function" may begin when "The Prince Arrives"---

But, for our Savior, the Prince of Peace--when invited to His table for Mass--No persons should be delaying Holy Communion with our Lord.

Especially during this Lenten season.

Last edited:
I guess Christian de Massy has been forgiven by the family. At least enough to be tolerated for the official functions, it seems. Laetitia being at all the 2005 enthronement and memorial events has intrigued me for some time now. I think it's great that Laetitia seems to be very close to the family. She's always smiling and laughing and seems very relaxed with everyone. I wouldn't know which one is Christian though because I don't know what he looks like. But I take your word for it he was there. I think I saw someone's post saying he was the guy standing behind Steph in the service????

I wonder who was there to represent the Kelly branch? Probably Chris le vine again, no? Did anyone notice him? Were any other Kelly kinsmen there?

He wasn't there otherwise he would have been seated with the family. I already explained that the man taken for CdM is an aide de camp of PA. He sat with Mme Gallico and Col Fringant behind the Grimaldi trio. CdM would have been seated on the opposite side with the Casiraghi trio and his sister.

ps Just edited my other post so that it is clearer.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
I wonder who was there to represent the Kelly branch? Probably Chris le vine again, no? Did anyone notice him? Were any other Kelly kinsmen there?
I didn't notice anyone. I doubt that they would have made such a long way from the states for a 1hr mass. Maybe they will ask for a service in a more local church. (there were a couple of services for Rainier after the funeral in Paris and Madrid etc)

Great pictures! It's so nice to see all of them togheter. I think the little competition between Caro and Steph is behind now.
Char is just lovely!
But... Andrea??? What happened to his hair????

Kisses everyone!

Liz - TFAF

liz_scezar said:
Great pictures! It's so nice to see all of them togheter. I think the little competition between Caro and Steph is behind now.
Char is just lovely!
But... Andrea??? What happened to his hair????

Kisses everyone!

Liz - TFAF

What happened to him, period. A little manorexic?

A few extra pounds would do him good.

royrrules said:
What happened to him, period. A little manorexic?

A few extra pounds would do him good.

if you look at the pictures on his thread (not the pic one) from a soiree pour amade you will see he looks much better! i think he was just really tired that night.

Nina8675 said:
more from deadline
She is not smiling to noone of these photos...
And in anyway, when she smiles, it may be vecause she remembers happy moments with her grandfather.
And people are not obliged to cry in public, to prove her feelings. She may have cried and cried and cried, but being out of the cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was thinking too much in these photos...I'm sure she remembers him,as everyone of course in Monaco!

Scans from BUNTE

v83eqr.jpg

v83es1.jpg

v83evk.jpg

Great coverage you have made!;)

So sad day with strong emotions..but lost strenght can be found when you see those photos of family walking together..:)

xtan said:
he was a special man. p grace was lucky to have met him.

Yes I agree. True majesty.

Albert, Stephanie and Caroline were lucky to have him too...

They all look wonderful!!!!!!!! It`s always great to see them together as one big family.

Was Christian de Massy , the son of Princess Antoinette also there?
I can not find him.
Is he still live in Miami?

Back
Top Bottom