Anniversary Masses for HSH Prince Rainier III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
acid_rain3075 said:
Isn't this suppose to be a memorial service? Why in god's name is she smiling

Oh common give them a break. Its been a year they can find a moment to smile. It does not mean she is not feeling bad about loosing her grandfather. On the other hand princess stephanie seems to really not want her children participating in these events. I think she is trying to shelter them from that public life as much as possible. Or did i just miss seeing their pictures.

Last edited:
About Charlotte smiling on the one picture....: It is the same as with Inès de la Fressange...peoples face have many movements which change within seconds...the family is there to remeber their father and grandfather...they love him dearly...miss him....and they cry for hi,....but this doesn't mean they can never smile again....You can also see pictures of Steph and Caro in this set were they smile or look confident...and others where they fight against their tears.

As for Stephanie not having her head coverd or not wearing a cross...it is a lack of repect towards her to say that she doesn't believe in god or is an atheist.....Stephanie is clearly catholic....she was brought up in this tradition.
If I remeber correctly she once said in an interview that she believes in a lot of things shared by catholicism...and she strongly believes that she ows her life to the St Devote ( at least to some extend) ...she also said that despite this believe she doesn't see the need to attend church service every sunday....she for herself has figured out she can believe in things all by herself.
She's not respectless....she's just following her intentions and her heart.
That might seem like a lack of traditional values to some people but it is not....Stephanie is very faithful if it comes to her family's traditions. As far as I'm concerned it is totally alright that she prefers to keep some of it just to herself....in her heart.

As for the delay: If I'm correct Albert showed up in the company of his sisters...so it was not just him being 'late' ....
...even Rainier's funural service started later than sceduled...sorry but I don't see the big deal in it. To be even clearer: He's the sovereign...things start when he and the family arrive !

As for the question if the family spend time together after the service: Yes they did...they all had dinner together at the Palace...all of them with all the kids.

Last edited:
michelle said:
About Charlotte smiling on the one picture....: It is the same as with Inès de la Fressange...peoples face have many movements which change within seconds...the family is there to remeber their father and grandfather...they love him dearly...miss him....and they cry for hi,....but this doesn't mean they can never smile again....You can also see pictures of Steph and Caro in this set were they smile or look confident...and others where they fight against their tears.

As for Stephanie not having her head coverd or not wearing a cross...it is a lack of repect towards her to say that she doesn't believe in god or is an atheist.....Stephanie is clearly catholic....she was brought up in this tradition.
If I remeber correctly she once said in an interview that she believes in a lot of things shared by catholicism...and she strongly believes that she ows her life to the St Devote ( at least to some extend) ...she also said that despite this believe she doesn't see the need to attend church service every sunday....she for herself has figured out she can believe in things all by herself.
She's not respectless....she's just following her intentions and her heart.
That might seem like a lack of traditional values to some people but it is not....Stephanie is very faithful if it comes to her family's traditions. As far as I'm concerned it is totally alright that she prefers to keep some of it just to herself....in her heart.

As for the delay: If I'm correct Albert showed up in the company of his sisters...so it was not just him being 'late' ....
...even Rainier's funural service started later than sceduled...sorry but I don't see the big deal in it. To be even clearer: He's the sovereign...things start when he and the family arrive !

As for the question if the family spend time together after the service: Yes they did...they all had dinner together at the Palace...all of them with all the kids.

Thank you Michelle for your comments. Now I see that she is a spiritual person and just does not like religious trappings.

Last edited:
jabilo said:
Oh common give them a break. Its been a year they can find a moment to smile. It does not mean she is not feeling bad about loosing her grandfather. On the other hand princess stephanie seems to really not want her children participating in these events. I think she is trying to shelter them from that public life as much as possible. Or did i just miss seeing their pictures.
But it's still a memeorial service! Things like that are not to be taken lightly even a year on!:mad:

AquaMarine said:
Thank you Michelle for your comments. Now I see that she is a spiritual person and just does not like religious trappings.

It's no problem at all....:)
I think it's not that she doesn't like religious trappings....I think it's just not the most important to her...:) ...I guess....

acid_rain3075 said:
But it's still a memeorial service! Things like that are not to be taken lightly even a year on!:mad:

I don't think anyone is taking the things lightly ...

Stephanie:

t6z0xg.jpg
t6z0r7.jpg

(deadline photo press)

AquaMarine said:
Yes, mw7060a, as a rule our parents are the best example for us...intended or unintended...good or bad, alas Stephanie happened to be an exception... Don't know what about you, but I love following religious and cultural traditions and solemn rituals very much, it's so interesting, spiritual and full of respect to our ancestry...

Yes, I too am a practicing Catholic...and so I very much liked seeing these photos posted showing the traditional rites being practiced during the memorial ceremony for Prince Rainier.

Princess Stephanie is more and more beautiful and elegant I love the New steph' !:)

acid_rain3075 said:

Well, I suppose there are different ways one can look at Charlotte smiling after Prince Rainier's memorial service...I would prefer to view it in a positive way as her talking about the good times and celebrating the memory of her Grandfather....After all, don't the Irish celebrate the memory of their loved ones with "Irish wakes" with dancing, music, & drinking as a way of celebrating having known a person who has passed on? I don't in any way mean to imply the relatives of Prince Rainier should be dancing in the aisles.. I just mean there are different ways to choose to react at memorial services, such as remembering the happy times of when the person was alive. (I don't mean to offend anyone).

Nina8675 said:
Princess Stephanie is more and more beautiful and elegant I love the New steph' !:)

Attention ...a bit off topic: I think she cut the sides of her hair a bit...:confused:

Is there any pictures of Princess Alexandra?

Princess Caroline - Deadline Press

t70cap.jpg

t70ccj.jpg

t70dq9.jpg

t70du8.jpg

t70dvd.jpg

t70dwm.jpg

Yes ! Thanks but it's a same day because caroline doesn't wear glasses and veil ?:confused:

acid_rain3075 said:

That's probably because she was greeting the archbishop (or bishop :confused: ) and company when they got out of the church and after that her smiles lingered a bit. it doesn't hurt to smile when doing such things, even if it is a memorial service. (and if that wasn't what happened, imo, it really is all right to smile during a memorial service...it's as much a time of celebration of the life of the deceased as mourning his loss)

Thanks everyone for the pictures and first-person impressions. Such a sad day for everyone.

From the shallow end of the pool... I really love Mme. Charolette's mantilla. Just beautiful.

Good Lord! Somebody send this kid a brush with an instruction manuel on how to brush ones hair!:eek:
It looks as if he just rolled out of bed an put on his suit. what was he thinking?? Sheesh!

Three pictures to say it all... ( just listen carefully ) !!!

t7fp0i.jpg

t7fous.jpg

t7fojr.jpg

(abaca press)

sebastian said:
Three pictures to say it all... ( just listen carefully ) !!!

t7fojr.jpg

(abaca press)

I think It's a good to see the grimaldi trio smiling, one years before and there relationship looks really better contrary to the magazine say !:rolleyes: !! It's nice !:)
Thanks for those pics sebatian !

It's just so sweet with Albie and his two girlies .....
.....love them :)

Really great Pics Sebastian thanks.

Thanks for the great pictures Sebastian. It's great to see Albert, Stephanie, and Caroline together and similing.

acid_rain3075 said:

Because it happens to be a remembrance service not a funeral. Whoever said they are supposed to be depressing. I am sure they had some happy thoughts of him when they think back. The whole idea of them is to remember the person they are for, the good, possibly even the bad.

Prince Albert at the Service

I must say Prince Albert is looking quite trim at the service.

Is that Laetizia de Massy, daughter of Christian de Massy, behind Charlotte in several photos and wearing the purple dress?
(photos: Corbis, Profimedia)
mcmem135zq.jpg
mcmem173xo.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom