A Retrospective - The International Monte-Carlo Circus Festival

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelle

Heir Presumptive
City
Country
Germany
The ' Festival International du Cirque de Monte Carlo' is the worlds most importat event in the circus-business ...and it is one of Monaco's most prestigious events of the year. Traditionally held in January it was created by H.S.H. Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1975 which means that The Festival commitee's new president H.S.H Princess Stephanie of Monaco has decided to do something really special to celebrate the up-coming ICF-shows next January. The 2006 Festival will be a BEST OF of all Festivals that were held up until these days....

To celebrate this event with Monaco's princely family I decided to open this thread: To look back at the past Festivals and to look into the future of the great event.

Creator and Mrs. President of the future

Rainier and Stephanie arriving 1977

...and the family 1978:

eti5q0.jpg

eti5tz.jpg
(getty,unknown)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will join you with some circus pix, Michelle. Source: Hola

etvfps.jpg

etvg5z.jpg

I add some as well :)
One from 1989 and two from 1995:

ety4wn.jpg

ety540.jpg
ety5at.jpg

(source: Lecturas, HOLA)

Last edited:
And some from 1996:

ety5hg.jpg
ety5up.jpg

ety60y.jpg
ety5o8.jpg

(HOLA, FIS)

Last edited:
Okay I will join you, too. Of course with some pics of little Alex...

Bruno Press

ev2frq.jpg

ev2fxg.jpg

ev2g04.jpg

ev2g75.jpg

ev2gcz.jpg

ev2gk3.jpg

ev2gqp.jpg

ev2gww.jpg

ev2i9z.jpg

ev2iht.jpg

Take a look at the cute ring Alex is wearing in the last one...

Here's a link to the webpage created for the 30th International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo: Monte Carlo Festivals

BTW to get those gorgeous red-and-white scarfs one has got to go there :)

More pix:
f257w6.jpg
f257y8.jpg

(profimedia)

The princely kids attending ....

f24xoo.jpg
f24xsm.jpg
f24xw3.jpg
f24y0p.jpg
f24y7d.jpg
f24y9f.jpg

(profimedia, BdP)

What WONDERFUL photos Michelle, and so many of them! Thank you so much for opening this thread so beautifully! :)

Steph and her girls 2002/03

f2585t.jpg
f258au.jpg

(profimedia)

Michelle thank you for the great photos! I just thought I'd bring to your attention that the first 4 from your 3.43pm post and and the first one from your 3.49pm post can't be seen and are just red crosses. Thanks again!

budge9 said:
Michelle thank you for the great photos! I just thought I'd bring to your attention that the first 4 from your 3.43pm post and and the first one from your 3.49pm post can't be seen and are just red crosses. Thanks again!

Thanx budge9, I can't see the crosses so just ignore them. I re-posted the pix ...so the pix you see are the pix of the crosses:confused: ...know what I mean?:rolleyes::p

I wish we could see more pics of the festival from 1983-1990, especially of Steph, anybody out there who has some? :)

Circus Festival 1981

Newscom

fbjh45.jpg

Pauline ...already taking an official function at the Festival:

fdbxpt.jpg
fdbzn7.jpg
fdc0ls.jpg

(sipa)

Very nice pics of Steph, Michelle :)
I scanned in pics from 1993, I love how you can read in the face-expressions of the kids :)
fnczt3.jpg
fnd00k.jpg

fnd0dc.jpg
fnd0jp.jpg

fnd0sj.jpg
fnd2rc.jpg

fnd11l.jpg
fnd2jm.jpg

(source: Frau im Spiegel)

Last edited:
And the rest, also from my collection:

fnd307.jpg
fnd386.jpg

(source: FIS)

Last edited:
Wow! :eek: Great collection of photos from circus 1993..
It's priceless when you can see joy on child's face..Such tender pics of Caroline and Pierre..:) :)

More laughing photos..
Prince Rainier, 1983 (Newscom)

fnek2x.jpg

Princess Stephanie (Uppa) ..maybe this pic is already posted somewhere, but I can't avoid to post it here..so honest laugh..:p :) ..makes you smile back..:p

fnefk7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom