A Retrospective: Red Cross Ball - Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Cross Ball 1971, with the Mythic couple Taylor/Burton
(profimedia,google)

rvavbm.jpg

Prince Rainier seems dazzle by Liz Taylor décolleté !!!:D

rvawxz.jpg

rw0u39.jpg

Last edited:
michelle said:
Hey, anyone know more about these?
(TR)

No, but I have a similar picture, where Steph shows a happier face.:) This smile is one of my favourites.

IMG_1961.jpg

Very lovely pic, kiina :) And that of Grace laughing is also very nice, flowerpower!

flowerpower said:
Red Cross 1956
Pic: 2
(hola)

From this picture, I'd say Steph's got her father's nose. Picture perfect.

Thanks for the pics tbhrc. I have never seen any in color of just Caroline by herself.

At last I fund pics of Red Cross Ball 1979
(hola)

spx24x.jpg
spx2k2.jpg

spx2z7.jpg
spx54x.jpg

Last edited:
Never seen pictures of that Ball before! Great job, flowerpower!

I must say looking at the photo of Caroline from '79-'81, Charlotte looks just like her...

Was the 1982 RC Ball the first Stephanie attended? Its nice to see it was with her mother.

Was there a Rose Ball that year?

Ann

Suonymona said:
Was the 1982 RC Ball the first Stephanie attended? Its nice to see it was with her mother.

Was there a Rose Ball that year?

Ann
Yes there was and Steph made her debut then :) Sadly her first and at the same time last RC Ball together with her mother..:(

I forgot Rose is before Red. So both balls were held in '82 and '83? The accident was between the Red of '82 and the Rose of '83, yes?

So the last major event all three Grimaldi siblings and both parents attended was National Day or the Red Cross ball?

Ann

There was a Rose Ball in 1982, you can see pics of it in its Restrospective thread.

1982's Red Cross was indeed the last official function attended by the 3 Grimaldi children with their 2 parents. Stephanie was wearing Grace's 1956 Waldorf Astoria engagement party dress btw.

After the Ball Grace & Rainier went with Caroline and Albert to a cruise in Norway.

There wasn't a National Day in 1982 due to the mourning period.

In Dec. 1982 the family posed for the photos taken in Marchais. The family began appearing in official functions in late Dec. 1982, early Jan. 1983. They attended in Oct. 1982 a mass for Grace, and gave the X-mas gifts at the palace in Dec. 1982.

1983's Rose Ball was the first one they attended without Grace.

Thanks Monaco70s for the timeline. Exactly what I wanted to learn!

Ann

Does anyone have anymore pics of the Red Cross Balls 1995 and 1996? There are not as many of Princess Caroline as there are of Princess Stephanie from these two balls. Just checking. Thanks!

flowerpower said:
Red Cross Ball 1977
(hola)

This is a lovely one because it was immediately after Caroline got engaged to Junot. I don't know if he attended with her or not.

No Philippe Junot didn’t attended RCB 1977, he only attended RCB 1978/1979, you can find the pics in this thread.:)

Red Cross Ball 1980 - APL/Corbis

From left to right: Luisa Mattioli, the wife of Roger Moore, Gregory Peck and his wife Veronique Passani, Roger Moore, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Princess Grace and her son, Prince Albert of Monaco, Barbara Sinatra, Prince of Monaco Rainier III and Frank Sinatra attend the Red Cross Ball.

12330iw.jpg

Princess Caroline of Monaco addresses singer Frank Sinatra at the Red Cross Ball.

12330ra.jpg

I've never seen the second pic with Frank before, thanks for posting that great finding, tbhrc! :)

Beautiful pic with Frank Sinatra tbhrc!
Like iceflower I’ve never seen it before
as always thanks for posting:)

Tine to close this thread and start a new one.... You can find it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom