A look back: Pregnancies - Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suonymona said:
Aside from the miscarriage she had in Canada in 1960, was Grace pregnant any other times (besides 1956/7, 1957/8 and 1964/5)?
Some sources claim a second pregnancy and miscarriage before Stephanie, some after and the rest ignore it.

Ann
She was pregnant in 1967. At Expo (Canada) she had miscarriage. After this miscarriage she couldn't have more children. I read that she was pregnant 2 times in early 60-s (before 1963).

Last edited:
1962 and 1967.i read it in a biography of grace.poor grace! she loved children.and she wanted a little sister or brother for baby-stephanie. :(

My booboo. It was 1962 that I read about. I think there is a photo somewhere on this forum that has a caption of "Princess Grace leaves XXX hospital in Montreal after miscarriage". Its of Grace getting into a car with either Caroline or Albert holding her hand and Rainier on the other side of the car.

Three? Poor Grace indeed. I'm sure she wanted Albert to have a brother.

Boy, what a what-if there! His brother could be married and have children and Rainier might not have changed the constitution. Then we'd all be watching Prince Brother's family to see if Albert was going to pass the crown to him!

Ann

Princess Grace and Prince Rainier wait the little caroline
So they buy toys and clothes !:p

060oo.jpg

(PVD)

Suonymona said:
My booboo. It was 1962 that I read about. I think there is a photo somewhere on this forum that has a caption of "Princess Grace leaves XXX hospital in Montreal after miscarriage". Its of Grace getting into a car with either Caroline or Albert holding her hand and Rainier on the other side of the car.

Three? Poor Grace indeed. I'm sure she wanted Albert to have a brother.

Boy, what a what-if there! His brother could be married and have children and Rainier might not have changed the constitution. Then we'd all be watching Prince Brother's family to see if Albert was going to pass the crown to him!

Ann
I read in book that in miscarriage in July 1967 she lost boy.

gracecanada9ih.jpg

From profimedia.cz
Portrait of Grace Kelly
Original caption: Montreal, Canada: Princess Grace of Monaco smiles as she prepares to enters limousine upon leaving Royal Victoria Hospital. She had been hospitalized after a miscarriage. In the background is her husband, Prince Rainier. The royal couple is Montreal with two of their three children, had been attending EXPO-67.

Last edited:
tigerlilly2005 said:
poor grace.i couldn´t smile after a miscarriage.

I's very sad because she wanted this child so much and everybody knew that she was pregnant.

gracelondon3st.jpg

From profimedia.cz
Princess Grace with Husband Holding Princess Stephanie
Original caption: Nanny Looking. London: While Prince Rainier holds two-and-a-half-year-old Stephanie, Princess Grace flashes a smile on the royal couple's arrival here at Victoria Station. The Monaco royalty is en route to Expo '67, but Princess Grace, eho is expecting her fourth child, made the stopover to interview prospective nannies.

Last edited:
:( i think princess grace had such a hard life.i wouldn´t like to be in her situation.

She reminds me of Jackie Kennedy Onassis in that she was good at keeping up appearances. Both were very loyal and while some things have come out since their deaths, most people (especially those around Grace) are still so true to them (Grace and Jackie) and their memories that the idea of telling-all is appalling, let alone the actual doing.

I want to be the type of person who inspires that kind of friendship and love.

Ann

Steph and Caroline both pregnant for the second time and both waiting for their first daughter :) - of course the third little pic was not taken during one of Caroline's pregnancies, I simply did not cut it away :)

wi9850.jpg
wi98aw.jpg

(bestpictures, BW)

Thanks for Pics Ice !! the caroline's dress is special !!!:p :)
Princess grace pregnant with Caroline
(ACI)

copiede1795dm.jpg

You are welcome, Nina, and yes, it definetly is ;)

Caroline during her four pregnancies, from left to right with Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre and Alexandra (among these the second pic is my favourite, so beautiful!):
zioz1g.jpg
ziozkg.jpg
ziozll.jpg
ziozn8.jpg

(Lecturas)

Very good, Iceflower! It's nice to see our Princess in different stages of her life.
I like her expression in the third picture, too.

me too !

she looks so beautiful on her third pregnancy. Not so much make up...and serene

Thanks !

Lovely pics of Princess Caroline while she was pregnant with her four children. She looked so beautiful and serene. Thanks for posting, Iceflower!;)

Thanks Ice it's a sweet pics !! I love Caroline onall pics she looks full of joy and it's always a pleasure to her like it !!
Thanks a lot !:)

I'm glad you all liked the pics, koko, pouk, Chantal and Nina! In my eyes her pregnancies made her look even more beautiful :)

Hola - Pregnant with Andrea - March 1984

1553zww.jpg

1554028.jpg

Wonderful findings, tbhrc. The first clippings belong to the Rose Ball 1984, so you could make a link to the Rose Ball thread :) On the second clippings you can see her wonderful and special pregnancy fashion. Take a look at the pair of gloves she wears..:D :)

Caroline in August 1987, eight months pregnant with her third child Pierre, walking on the beach in Monaco :flowers: :

Caroline 1987

Whoo Lime Green must be the 80's Thanks Iceflower.

RADKER18 said:
Whoo Lime Green must be the 80's Thanks Iceflower.

She looked great in lime green!! Very nice photo of Caroline. Thank you iceflower!

You are very welcome, Radker and kiina :flowers:
Here are some screencaps of Steph giving an interview shortly before Camille's birth, you can't see her whole body, but you can see it in her face..:)

Steph in summer 1998
Steph 2
Steph 3

iceflower said:
Here are some screencaps of Steph giving an interview shortly before Camille's birth, you can't see her whole body, but you can see it in her face..:)

Steph in summer 1998
Steph 2
Steph 3

Thank you iceflower!:flowers: Great caps..beautiful Stephanie and great scenery..Is that Palace's pool in background?

Ianna said:
Thank you iceflower!:flowers: Great caps..beautiful Stephanie and great scenery..Is that Palace's pool in background?

Yap, that's the Palace gardens and the pool... :flowers:

iceflower said:

Steph in summer 1998
Steph 2
Steph 3

Yes I can. Thank you for these.. What did she say in the interview?

kiina said:
Yes I can. Thank you for these.. What did she say in the interview?

it speaks about the press which did to him much evil about the death of his/her mother

she also speaks about her adventure in the song and the fashion she tells also her combat for handicap one sees it giving from the parcels for the Mother's Day to the hospital princess grace

Thanks Ice for the caps.
I Think that was shortly before Camille's birth. She looks sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom