Monaco Grand Prix 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Iceflower, for posting the video. Although I couldn't follow their conversation, I noticed how beautiful the Spring garden looked and the pool looks so inviting too! I caught a glimpse of a Strelitzia in flower and instantly became very homesick! What a privilege it must be to be surrounded by such beautiful gardens, and P Charlene making sure there is a piece of her native SA to admire.

I assume the renovations must be complete and the family are back at the Palace.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

New pictures from tonight on the Palace Facebook page.I don't know how to lift and post the pictures over here.

Thanks, inthaca, for the reference. It seems the renovations in the courtyard are complete. It looks terrific! No wonder they would want to receive their guests there, a perfect venue for a cocktail in Summer.

Here are the mentioned pics of yesterday's Grand Prix reception at the courtyard of the Princely Palace:

** fb gallery **

I suppose that the king and the queen will be at the princely stand with Albert and Charlene!!!
When will thw grand prix will start??

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose that the king and the queen will be at the princely stand with Albert and Charlene!!!
When will thw grand prix will start??

Queen Silvia has this afternoon a work event in Stockholm, so at least she has returned to Sweden. I don't know about the king.

Prince Albert II of Monaco and his wife Princess Charlene applaud on the podium during the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix at the Monaco street circuit in Monte-Carlo on May 24, 2015. AFP PHOTO / ANDREJ ISAKOVIC

Gettyimages.co.uk gallery

The Grand Prix of Monaco always and again firmly marks Monaco on the map. It gives a world-wide exposure. This GP, however usually the most boring and static game (it is almost impossible to pass another car in the narrow streets of the principality) it is the most famous of all GP's. The Prince can be happy. Another good day for his country.

No one is less interested in car racing than myself, but I've always loved the Monaco Grand Prix because the presence of the Princely Family seems to give it a je ne sais quoi type of old school jet set glamour.

It's not quite like the days of Rainier and Grace, but Princess Charlene is certainly living up to her part lately. She is looking amazing...every inch the Princess of Monaco, imo!:)

but Princess Charlene is certainly living up to her part lately. She is looking amazing...every inch the Princess of Monaco, imo!:)

This might be a rather crass thing for me to say but Princess Charlene does seem to have been sparkling since she has 'done her duty' with 'popping out the heirs'. :flowers:

Yes,there will be a gala tonight. More fantastic pictures on the Palace FB pages.Princess Charlene looking fabulous. Loke an amazonian queen!

Agreed with the posters above, P Charlene looked just wonderful this past week. She has slimmed right down after the babies' birth and is looking healthy and happy. Is she growing her hair out, do you think? She and P Albert look close and happy too...

I am so happy for her that she has found peace and calm after the rough start. It could not have been easy!

This might be a rather crass thing for me to say but Princess Charlene does seem to have been sparkling since she has 'done her duty' with 'popping out the heirs'. :flowers:

She has definitely hit her stride, and if becoming a mother is responsible for it then hurray for Jacques and Gabriella...Charlene's joy is infectious:p!

Tonight there will be a gala, I think. Isn't it?

Yes there will be a gala and today's 3rd consecutive winner, Nico Rosberg, grew up in Monte Carlo and still lives there. So he is considered a monegasque (his father is Finnish, his mother is German). Nico Rosberg has been living in Monaco from his toddler years on so for him this is 'home'.

:flowers:

Are there pics from yesterday gala?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Prince Albert attended the gala without Princess Charlene, but Pierre and Beatrice were present:

** Pic ** pp gallery **

On Saturday cute little Sacha was there as well:

** Pic **

And here are some more great pics of the whole Grand Prix weekend:

** pm: Le couple princier auprès des handicapés **

** pm: Les amoureux dans les stands **

** pm: Charlène et Albert, la victoire de la tendresse **

** fb gallery: 73° Grand Prix de Formule 1 de Monaco ** closer.fr gallery **

** pp: Pierre Casiraghi et sa fiancée Beatrice Borromeo : Amoureux passionnés de F1 **

** dailymail: Princess Charlene looks all white as she hands out the prizes at the Monaco Grand Prix **

Last edited:
Really surprised there was no PC at the gala as I fully expected her to be there.

74th Grand Prix de Monaco - May 2016

The 74th Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco will take place from Thursday 26th to Sunday 29th May 2016.

Additional information about the event can be found here!

Back
Top Bottom