Monaco Grand Prix 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I think she looks fantastic, especially with the sunglasses and bright lipstick.

her look was wonderfull to day as the last days , her printed dress was a tribute to the race of the Grand Prix, a nice gesture for Monaco.
She was very elegant.

Andrea's taste in shoes are hilarious. He always wears extravagant shoes. Actually, i always find him very well dressed until i look at his shoes, LOL. It's like his trademark or something.
Charlene's dress is interesting. But i don't know if i was more surprised by her dress or by the fact that she had red lips. I don't remember having seen her with red lips before.
Pity Charlotte wasn't there. She always looks so nice in these Grand Prix events.

Wow, Sophie looks amazing! The dress and the hair are just beautiful.

The Monaco GP has to be the most boring on the whole F1 calendar, given it's almost impossible to overtake and the cars have to go at a low speed most of the time. I have a friend to went to it a couple of years ago and she said she would never go back.
You might consider it the most boring however, FYI the Monaco Grand Prix is considered to be one of the most important and prestigious races in the world along with the Indianapolis 500 and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. They began auto racing in 1894 in France and the Monaco Grand Prix began in 1929.

I haven't read all the posts. I like Charlene's dress with the turquoise cars.

Last edited:
I love the sound of the Grand Prix. It reminds me of my father, who used to play a CD that was made of F1 sounds. Reminds me of my childhood.

Great to see Sophie with them, love the images of them all interacting. Not a fan of Charlene's dress, but I do love her shoes.

Congrats Mark Webber! :D

Sophie's dress in terms of fabric,print and material reminds me of one of my mother's scarves.

Don't care for Charlene's bizarre patterned shift dress, but I am losing my mind over those sunglasses and that deep red lipstick...with her hair cut like that she looks like a high fashion model. :flowers:

Charlene is very nice, I like the dress of Princess Sophie. I am happy to see her at all the events of the Grand Prix.

Great pictures of all of them.
Charlene looks really good and with Albert together really happy.

Here are some first pics of the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix Gala Dinner at the Sporting Monaco yesterday evening:
Again the Countess of Wessex attended as well!
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 * Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **
Sophie appears to have struck pretty close relationship with Prince Albert and Charlene.
Perhaps they found a common ground during the recent Lunch and Dinner for Monarchs?

What on earth is Sophie doing there? Spending the weekend partying with the rich and infamous of Monaco is just awful PR in a week when the European economy is on the brink of armageddon. It's one thing to go to a wedding, but this is the kind of mistake that she should not be making, particularly in the week leading up to the Diamond Jubilee.

LOL, Sophie of Wessex is a traitor, she goes with the enemy, these Princes of Monaco, particularly this Charlène , to attend fashion show, to watch this boring Grand Prix and finally, attend this gala evening where she is stunning, my god! where are we going?

She must stay at home , with the husband, the kids and wait the jubelée.

Poor Sophie, she was right to escape and stay a week end in monaco under the sun far of the rain.

What on earth is Sophie doing there? Spending the weekend partying with the rich and infamous of Monaco is just awful PR in a week when the European economy is on the brink of armageddon. It's one thing to go to a wedding, but this is the kind of mistake that she should not be making, particularly in the week leading up to the Diamond Jubilee.
Sophie was there for the Duke of Edinburgh award ceremony.
I suppose Albert and Charlene asked her to stay for the Grand Prix events (she could have attended some of them only with their permission and invitation).

Last edited:
Fabulous pictures. !! I love the close-up shots of Charlene. She is so naturally beautiful. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie was there for the Duke of Edinburgh award ceremony.
I suppose Albert and Charlene asked her to stay for the Grand Prix events (she could have attended some of them only with their permission and invitation).

The British press never takes kindly to our royals lolling about the 'flashy' bits of the world at the best of times, let alone when we're suffering through a recession. With people questioning the amount of money being spent on this weekend's festivities already, it would probably have been best for Sophie to do her thing and head back home.

^^^^
Sometimes EIIR you remind me of the phrase supposedly uttered by George V "Abroad is bloody". You are at least consistent in your disapproval of continental royals and British attendance at such events, LOL.

The British press never takes kindly to our royals lolling about the 'flashy' bits of the world at the best of times, let alone when we're suffering through a recession. With people questioning the amount of money being spent on this weekend's festivities already, it would probably have been best for Sophie to do her thing and head back home.

[...]the phrase supposedly uttered by George V "Abroad is bloody". [...] disapproval of continental royals and British attendance at such events, LOL.

Which is what - in the end - makes the BRF that less interesting. As one becomes aware of the larger Royal World - it becomes far more delightful to watch - and appreciate - than the very insular BRF.

Last edited:
Which is what - in the end - makes the BRF that less interesting. As one becomes aware of the larger Royal World - it becomes far more delightful to watch - and appreciate - than the very insular BRF.

Sooo true, Tyger! "Katemania" notwithstanding, I find the Windsors the least glamorous and the least interesting of all European RF's.

Let em stay in England!;)

ETA: Sophie Wessex had the most stunning gown at the evening event...
I liked hers much better than Charlene's!

Last edited:

I agree. I started off being interested in the BRF but have lost interest in them more and more. Hardly anything they do is open for the public to see and one always gets the feeling that what we are allowed to see is so grudged by them. In Europe the Royal Families really know how to put on a show and they seem to enjoy sharing weddings, christenings etc with the public.

As far as Sophie and the Monaco Royals go she and Edward seem to have a genuine friendship with them which I think started when they attended PA's enthronement. It was also Edward and Sophie who attended the Grace Kelly exhibition in London and their paths will also have crossed at other Royal events both in Britain and Europe such as William and Victoria's weddings. Sophie must feel very comfortable with Albert and Charlene in her own right as she spent the weekend with them without Edward and it seems to fit with Charlene's comment before her wedding that she had developed a friendship with the Countess of Wessex.

Last edited:
:previous:

I think they did not. I haven't seen any pics of them attending.

I'll give you that when it comes to Beatrice and Eugenie, but I haven't seen any articles regarding the Grand Prix with Sophie in let alone negative ones.

I see nothing wrong with Sophie attending an event then staying to enjoy some of the Monaco sun. You can blame things on the recession all you like, but people are still allowed to enjoy themselves.

Edit: Just watched the Grand Prix in full and one of the most awkward moments was watching one of the Casiraghi boys present the trophy to Alonso, it was like here's your trophy, bye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom