The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh I think she looks fantastic, especially with the sunglasses and bright lipstick.
I totally agree, I like her look its adventurous and suits the event

Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't care for Charlene's bizarre patterned shift dress, but I am losing my mind over those sunglasses and that deep red lipstick...with her hair cut like that she looks like a high fashion model.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some first pics of the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix Gala Dinner at the Sporting Monaco yesterday evening:

Again the Countess of Wessex attended as well!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 * Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

** public.fr: Photos : Charlène de Monaco : élégante de jour comme de nuit, elle fait honneur à son Prince ! **

** hellomagazine: Charlene's friendship with Sophie well on track at Grand Prix **

** purepeople: La princesse Charlene pin-up fatale au GP de Monaco, auprès des frères Casiraghi **

** purepeople: Gala du GP Monaco : Charlene, Albert et leurs invités captivés par Mark Webber **

** kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi gallery: Charlene seuraamassa formuloita Monacossa ** gallery 2 **

** wenn gallery: Grand Prix Gala Dinner ** svenskdam.se gallery **
Old 05-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Someone's got a tan
Old 05-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Royal Highness

Charlene is very nice, I like the dress of Princess Sophie. I am happy to see her at all the events of the Grand Prix.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 AM
Nobility

Montecarlo Formula 1 2012

Old 05-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here are some first pics of the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix Gala Dinner at the Sporting Monaco yesterday evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 * Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

Beautiful pictures
Charlene dress is elegant, Sophie 's is more summarily(pink) but she looks stunning and she got a little tan
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Courtier

Great pictures of all of them.
Charlene looks really good and with Albert together really happy.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Sophie appears to have struck pretty close relationship with Prince Albert and Charlene.
Perhaps they found a common ground during the recent Lunch and Dinner for Monarchs?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

What on earth is Sophie doing there? Spending the weekend partying with the rich and infamous of Monaco is just awful PR in a week when the European economy is on the brink of armageddon. It's one thing to go to a wedding, but this is the kind of mistake that she should not be making, particularly in the week leading up to the Diamond Jubilee.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Royal Highness

LOL, Sophie of Wessex is a traitor, she goes with the enemy, these Princes of Monaco, particularly this Charlène , to attend fashion show, to watch this boring Grand Prix and finally, attend this gala evening where she is stunning, my god! where are we going?

She must stay at home , with the husband, the kids and wait the jubelée.

Poor Sophie, she was right to escape and stay a week end in monaco under the sun far of the rain.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
What on earth is Sophie doing there? Spending the weekend partying with the rich and infamous of Monaco is just awful PR in a week when the European economy is on the brink of armageddon. It's one thing to go to a wedding, but this is the kind of mistake that she should not be making, particularly in the week leading up to the Diamond Jubilee.
Sophie was there for the Duke of Edinburgh award ceremony.
I suppose Albert and Charlene asked her to stay for the Grand Prix events (she could have attended some of them only with their permission and invitation).
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Fabulous pictures. !! I love the close-up shots of Charlene. She is so naturally beautiful.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Someone's got a tan
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am losing my mind over those sunglasses and that deep red lipstick...with her hair cut like that she looks like a high fashion model.
She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Sophie was there for the Duke of Edinburgh award ceremony.
I suppose Albert and Charlene asked her to stay for the Grand Prix events (she could have attended some of them only with their permission and invitation).
The British press never takes kindly to our royals lolling about the 'flashy' bits of the world at the best of times, let alone when we're suffering through a recession. With people questioning the amount of money being spent on this weekend's festivities already, it would probably have been best for Sophie to do her thing and head back home.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Sometimes EIIR you remind me of the phrase supposedly uttered by George V "Abroad is bloody". You are at least consistent in your disapproval of continental royals and British attendance at such events, LOL.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The British press never takes kindly to our royals lolling about the 'flashy' bits of the world at the best of times, let alone when we're suffering through a recession. With people questioning the amount of money being spent on this weekend's festivities already, it would probably have been best for Sophie to do her thing and head back home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
[...]the phrase supposedly uttered by George V "Abroad is bloody". [...] disapproval of continental royals and British attendance at such events, LOL.
Which is what - in the end - makes the BRF that less interesting. As one becomes aware of the larger Royal World - it becomes far more delightful to watch - and appreciate - than the very insular BRF.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

HQ photos from Bekia (click twice to get them really big) - among them a photo of Andrea and Pierre + a photo of Pierre and Beatriz.
Gran Premio Fórmula 1 de Mónaco 2012: Galería en Bekia
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Which is what - in the end - makes the BRF that less interesting. As one becomes aware of the larger Royal World - it becomes far more delightful to watch - and appreciate - than the very insular BRF.
Sooo true, Tyger! "Katemania" notwithstanding, I find the Windsors the least glamorous and the least interesting of all European RF's.

Let em stay in England!

ETA: Sophie Wessex had the most stunning gown at the evening event...
I liked hers much better than Charlene's!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I agree. I started off being interested in the BRF but have lost interest in them more and more. Hardly anything they do is open for the public to see and one always gets the feeling that what we are allowed to see is so grudged by them. In Europe the Royal Families really know how to put on a show and they seem to enjoy sharing weddings, christenings etc with the public.

As far as Sophie and the Monaco Royals go she and Edward seem to have a genuine friendship with them which I think started when they attended PA's enthronement. It was also Edward and Sophie who attended the Grace Kelly exhibition in London and their paths will also have crossed at other Royal events both in Britain and Europe such as William and Victoria's weddings. Sophie must feel very comfortable with Albert and Charlene in her own right as she spent the weekend with them without Edward and it seems to fit with Charlene's comment before her wedding that she had developed a friendship with the Countess of Wessex.