The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Nobility

^ I agree completely hibou.
And how is she a fashion victim, just because she likes fashion?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Gentry

De gustibus non est disputandum. It's all about personal taste and liking, and not very important either. I have always liked her style (which was, by the way, always very fashionable), but I simply do not find this dress, nor the shoes very becoming, period.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
a
In my day her dress would have been considered long. JMO
Hibou, in our day we were 20 or even younger, including Caroline. Having great legs doesn't necessarily mean having good tastes. Her dress is ok, but not those awful fishnet stockings. They would have be much more suitable for Charlotte instead. I guess she's been struck by a middle age crisis, just like her brother...
Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
I guess she's been struck by a middle age crisis, just like her brother...
I am afraid you are right, Tosca!
Her dress is nice and fashionable, but IMO it is not an appropriate outfit for a 50 years old Princess on a public event. It is ok for a private event. Not all fashionable clothes and shoes are classy, nice and appropriate for any woman on any event!
What surprise me more is that Caroline has always been classy and elegant on public events, on Monaco Grand Prixs included (as you can see on the Monaco Grand Prix Retrospective thread), but lately....

Monaco Grand Prix Retrospective
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Nobility

I keep wondering when Alexandra will start coming to the GP. The Casiraghi kids were going when they were practically in diapers. Why do Caroline and Ernst not bring out Alex to the GP?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Hibou, in our day we were 20 or even younger, including Caroline. Having great legs doesn't necessarily mean having good tastes. Her dress is ok, but not those awful fishnet stockings. They would have be much more suitable for Charlotte instead. I guess she's been struck by a middle age crisis, just like her brother...
Oh so true Tosca!!! I agree about the fishnets especially!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
I keep wondering when Alexandra will start coming to the GP. The Casiraghi kids were going when they were practically in diapers. Why do Caroline and Ernst not bring out Alex to the GP?
Caroline was a widow, and her children were her constant companions in those years. Plus they lived, relatively, close to Monaco. Alexandra is at school in Fontainbleu, and Caroline probably doesn't want to disturb her routine.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

God! What´s Caroline wearing? Does anyone have a picture of her from head to toes, i can´t find it.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for all the pictures it is always a pleasure to see the family together. I wonder weather Stephanie was there at least watching from some private balcony.
IMO everybody looks fine. I like Caroline´s dress tough those sandals didnt really match with the rest of the outfit. I find Charlotte´s dress pattern quite intersting (but im not sure wether i like it or not ). Anyway the hair tied back does justice to her face and she looks much better with almoast no make up on: she seems younger.
Glad to see Andrea and Tatiana again; they make such a glamourus couple, always wearing vintage clothes
Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

I found some pics from Grand Prix. They are from 5/22, made during practice sessions before race. Some views are spectacular, Monaco is beautiful.
In photos: 'Monaco Formula One Practice' - Formula One

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
God! What´s Caroline wearing? Does anyone have a picture of her from head to toes, i can´t find it.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...81231602&cdi=0
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 06-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Commoner

i think she looks fine
she have great legs +}
Old 06-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Unhappy Caroline's outfit

I so agree with you Tosca. Caroline seems to have lost the sense of porportions. She was always so classy and elegant, dignifying all the events in Monaco with her impecable presence, nowadays seems to balance between an unaccepetd aging and a careless atitude towards the principality events. She looks tired and sick of all of that... She seems so distant of Monaco, as if she didn't care anymore. Thus being, who cares about what one puts on to participate in an event in wich you don't want take part at all???
Old 06-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Nobility

I though CW look really nice at GP and Caroline did too but it the fishnet stocking that was bad. Albert & Ernst look charming.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

I can't critisize anyone for how she dresses, but if I were her I would wear yes fishnets but in tan colour...they can be even the best choice...your legs look just tanned...perfect...avd you get everybodies look at your legs...
Old 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's an additional gallery with pics of the family and
Charlene at this year's Grand Prix 2008.