The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foursox View Post
i think andrea has problems and BIG ones!! and pierre no doubt will be bald soon. i cannot see any of stefano's good looks in either of them now.
and charlotte - surely she can find a better guy than that alex??
caroline did not look special to me for the grand prix. she can do better than that!

i honestly don't think it could be just smoking only, do you?!
Whether Andrea is Ill, or whether he has picked up some 'nasty habits' recently, is really a family concern. I just hope he gets help (of whatever kind) and sorts himself out soon.

I think both boys look like their father, and really what does it matter if Pierre goes bald.

If Charlotte is happy with Alex that is all that is important. She is slim, and healthy looking. She's 21 years old, and I think criticising her appearance (when there is obviously no signs of illness) is damaging.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics everyone! I think Princess Caroline and Charlotte looked great! Nice to see all the family once again. The pics of Charlotte and Alex wearing the red shirts...somehow reminded me of Princess Caroline with Phillipe Junot at 1977's Grand Prix. The friend that site claims is Stavros Niarchos, doesn't look at all like him.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Guys c'mon, Charlotte hardly looks anorexic.
And poppy7 I agree, I think Pierre and Andrea do look like Stefano, especially Pierre.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Majesty

It's time to stop the speculations about Charlotte's weight and Andrea's health. Future posts about those topics will be deleted.

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

Here are 2 more galleries from Abaca:

Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Commoner

Prince Albert looks really happy.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Nobility

Did anyone else notice Alce Dellal in this photo:
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
and this one:
and there's another one on the second page at Abaca posted by tbhrc that you can see her very clearly and they call her Pierre's "girlfriend" (which I think is doubtful).

I was a bit shocked to see her. I know that she and Charlotte are friends (she seems to like making friends with her boyfriend's sisters, or possibly the reverse, that she knew the sister first), but I didn't really expect her to be there. She's more the kind of person I'd expect to see at a club in London than at an event like the Grand Prix. Then again, I'd think the same thing for Stavros (and as an FYI, I heard that Stavros has a new girlfriend, some French heiress, I want to say her name is Amandine).

I love how Charlotte, Alex, Pierre, Tatiana, and Eugenie looked! I loved Eugenie's outfit!!(Supload.com // Free Image Hosting) Is it just me of do ALL of Pierre and Andrea's friends look a bit scruffy? (Supload.com // Free Image Hosting) I wanted to break out in a chorus of "Dirty White Boys". And I'm a little insulted by the fact that Andrea didn't even try, his suit was bout five sizes too large!

Charlene looked good. There's something about it that I didn't quite love, but she looked good. She looked like she was about to go into the office didn't she? A chic office, but still an office.

The race was amazing! I was biting my fingernails most of the time, and I'm so proud that Lewis Hamilton won!!!!

P.S. I know this is ROYAL forums, but did anyone else think that Nicole Schezinger (sp?) was a bit over-dressed? I think she got this event mixed up with Ascot.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

I find it rather strange that there are no photos of the gala at the sporting club this year. Last year we were treated to quite a few photos.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
Is it just me of do ALL of Pierre and Andrea's friends look a bit scruffy?

no - it's not just u. they are dressing to match them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappica View Post
Guys c'mon, Charlotte hardly looks anorexic.
And poppy7 I agree, I think Pierre and Andrea do look like Stefano, especially Pierre.
i didn't say that charlotte looked anorexic. can someone post a photo of stefano and recent ones of his sons together to compare. everyone has different tastes in looks. stefano was a knock out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post

can someone pls remind me how old charlene is and the age of andrea?
thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Nobility

I noticed Alice in the pictures too.........I wasn't sure if it was her though I had to do a double take. It does seem strange that she is there and that the press is saying that she's with Pierre again. Considering that she deined that they ever had a relationship. I figured that she there with her brother but who knows. As for her clothing I think she looked better than she has been looking lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
and this one:
and there's another one on the second page at Abaca posted by tbhrc that you can see her very clearly and they call her Pierre's "girlfriend" (which I think is doubtful).

I was a bit shocked to see her. I know that she and Charlotte are friends (she seems to like making friends with her boyfriend's sisters, or possibly the reverse, that she knew the sister first), but I didn't really expect her to be there. She's more the kind of person I'd expect to see at a club in London than at an event like the Grand Prix. .
Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
can someone pls remind me how old charlene is and the age of andrea?
thanks
it's okay, i've found it. it makes interesting reading. here we have albert aged 50, charlene aged 20 years younger at 30! then we have andrea turning 24 next month. how would he feel having an aunty aged 6 years his senior? charlene is a very attractive woman and just by viewing her, seems to have a lovely nature.

{Comments removed as per warning above and Zero tolerance Policy}
Old 05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
can someone post a photo of stefano and recent ones of his sons together to compare. everyone has different tastes in looks. stefano was a knock out!
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...e-Andrea-1.jpg

I used photos of Andrea when he looked healthier, but I think he's pretty much "outgrown" really looking like his dad. Pierre is the Stefano-look-a-like now IMO
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Serene Highness

The weather during this Grand Prix seemed bad, it was raining and raining but it looks like they managed to organize everything smoothly.
I am Caroline's fan and unfortunatelly I'm disappointed again with her outfit. That dress was weird and too short, net stockings.... What's wrong with Caroline?
Charolotte was lovely again. White dress was an exellent choice for that occassion. I'm glad to see Pierre and Andrea.
I must say Charlene looked really nice, her outfit was classy and I think a good choice for the occassion, too. She improved her style recently, she is classier and more feminine.
But the real hero was of course Lewis Hamilton. He was also very cute.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Olycom - News has a gallery for the family and other celebrities that attended the Grand Prix, including Charlotte and Alex kissing.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by reniapl View Post
Actually Andrea was at the match, but I have found only one picture of him.
http://i25.tinypic.com/5v5cuh.jpg

My, my. How the worm turns. I used to think that kid was just so gorgeous...and mind you he is still attractive but his little near-sighted brother Pierre has passed him up in spectacular fashion.

It sort of reminds me of Princes William and Harry of England. William was everybody's idea of a dreamboat in the 1990's. And now it is Harry who all the young ladies seem interested in. Poor William has a bald spot that grows larger every year, and a nose that matches!

I see Charlotte is still with lizard face Alex...god!! How I keep hoping and praying that the next time I see her she has dumped him...he skeeves me out for all kinds of reasons! And maybe poor Charlotte has lost weight as a reaction to all the speculation that she looked pregnant at the Rose Ball a few weeks ago.

Princess Caroline is living proof of the old adage that nothing beats a great pair of legs! If you got em flaunt em!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Olycom - News has a gallery for the family and other celebrities that attended the Grand Prix, including Charlotte and Alex kissing.
Great gallery Tosca, thanks!

I thought Charlene looked nice, if a little officey for the setting. Princess Caroline looked like a Bratz doll if you look at the full length shots. (I'm not saying it was awful or anything, that's just what it reminded me of.) The outfit I liked most belonged to Athina Onassis! I thought she looked like she was there to enjoy the race and not just there to see and be seen.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene looked nice, although she reminds of Princess Caroline living in St. Remy in the early 90s...there's this pic of her with a blouse and skirt and her kids back in the day.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Gentry

Everyone from the family looked nice, IMO, except Caroline. What does she think? She used to have fantastic taste and great dress sense, but it seems to have left her. Of course she has great legs, but she simply is too old to wear mini. It looks strange, out of place somehow. It emphasizes her age and not the contrary. And those terrible shoes! Strange thing is, she never wore mini when she was younger, why now beginning with it? I never noticed a fashion misser in the 30 years before 2007, but the last year she has completely lost it. Terrible dress at the Rose Ball, etc. Wrong adviser perhaps?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

I Think that Carolines dress was good length she may have worn long dresses in the 80's but it was the style. Besides you cannot wear long dresses all the time-how uttterly and completely droll concept that even in writing appears. Pa and the boys always look adorable. The boys dressed for comfort it seems they really enoyed this race!

Charlotte dress was simply divine. hooow could anyone not like thaaat dress. it seems perfectly suited to her that is soo "in style" right now.

Fashion requires a real progressive attitude and a strong heart . Those whom allow themselves to go thru life being afraid to wear something "outside" the box, are forever doomed to have their closets stranded in "droll halls of mediocrity". u-u-u-ugh, i don't know about anyone else out there but that doesn't even sound 'remotely appealing" to me. The whole entire fun of fashion is the chance to develop a taste and sense of style and hemline that is uniquely one's own and reflective of one's mood somber or playful. In the "now' generation as well.

Some people in life never seem to capture the courage to function outside of the box and what a hapless and sad existence that truly must be. Cost never guarantees that a dress will be truly a masterpiece. Some people seem to never quite challenge themselve to get out of the "uninteresting" within the confines of their own closets.

however, there are some whom in spite of their limited exsitence can manage to bring their sense of style into the truly captivating and breatless leaving some of us to enviously wonder how they could have done it.

i think the most beneficial aspects of these fashion wise outings is to aspire to keep our closests from being doomed into the "halls of mediocrity". it's the difference between a so-so closet and a closet with pizzaz!!! don't you think??
Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Gentry

OK, Caroline is a fashion victim.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
OK, Caroline is a fashion victim.
I have to agree with Glistening Seas on this one. It takes courage to step outside the box. When a woman hits a certain age there is a high probability for turning into boring or house frau. Caroline has always tested the waters. I found her outfit fun and interesting. Not too many women have the legs to wear fishnets and even less women do after the age of 30. So from my perspective she can do what many can not. Also there are very few older women who can wear a shoe like that with a strap. Again she has the legs and body to wear it. If she starts going mini (which this dress is not) then I might agree that she's dressing too young. Wearing a dress just above the knee does not make it a mini, I grew up with the mini and micro-mini. In my day her dress would have been considered long. JMO