The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Charlotte Casiraghi and her boyfriend Alex leave the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix in Monte-Carlo, Monaco, on May 27, 2007.

If Alex really is Charlotte's new boyfriend, I say good for her! He's way cuter than Felix. Also, I wonder what Caroline thinks of Pierre's head-shaven girlfriend? Their meeting must have been interesting... :)

Ani

Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The whole princely family made a big faux-pas to wear sunglasses during the awarding ceremony.

It is a big no-no to cover your eyes. I understand that the sun at the Côte d'Azur is blinding, but the few minutes of the awarding ceremony to the Grand Prix winner could have been done without sunglasses.

The whole group looked like The Sopranos On Tour.

I am glad I m not the only one who was bothered by that.. A few minutes without shades really wouldn't have hurt them.. A faux-pas indeed!

Old 05-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the great links everybody. i agree on the sunglasses, perhaps there were some hangovers and their eyes couldn't take the glare, but it is rude not to remove them and look people in the eye imo anyway.
pierres girlfriends haircut OMG hope she has a sweet personality because she makes a lousy first impression. i have a feeling caroline is pretty cool, after all her own parents strickness pushed her into a young marriage.

(posted by tbhrc) Prince Albert II and his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock leave the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix in Monte-Carlo, Monaco, on May 27, 2007.

1 2

these photos need to be in the captions thread. is it just me or does she not look happy! and albert looks bewildered. has anybody seen the live action in the box when they were all there together. did anybody speak to her? the photo i saw she looked like she was getting the cold shoulder. i could almost feel sorry for her....almost
Old 05-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Nobility

Yeah, almost... I had that impression too, at the balcony she stood on the one side, and all the rest- Casiraghis, EA..- on the other.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe that's why they looked that way when they left. It almost looks as if they were arguing, she going one way he trying to grab her hand to get her into his car... Too bad they don't have pics with sound I don't think that I would have been too impressed if I thought that I was given the cold shoulder. Last year they seemed to have made an effort to include her (except Charlotte, who has not been seen in a single picture with her if I recall correctly), but this year ... silch.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

I think Pierre's "new girlfriend" is really naturally pretty but the way she presents herself is a mess!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

After reviewing all pictures I have only one thing to say. The whole Grimaldi family is in a desperate need of image/fashion consultant. They looked unpolished, mismatched and messy, especially Caro's children and Prince Ernest. Charlene will fit just nicely with rest of the family.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Majesty

A few more galleries from Deadline:

The Race:

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

The Fashion Show:

The Gala:

Old 05-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper
After reviewing all pictures I have only one thing to say. The whole Grimaldi family is in a desperate need of image/fashion consultant. They looked unpolished, mismatched and messy, especially Caro's children and Prince Ernest. Charlene will fit just nicely with rest of the family.
Perhaps when Karl Lagerfeld retires or dies they will befriend a new designer that actually does flattering clothes.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Perhaps when Karl Lagerfeld retires or dies they will befriend a new designer that actually does flattering clothes.
I don't think that poor Lagerfeld has anything to do with the way they look. They pick and match their own clothing. It is reflection of their personalities and lack of style. Caro used to be more into fashion and style, but from the recent photos it seems that she is giving up on it.
Also, all of them have a huge issue with their hair. What a mess! Luckily for Albert he has no hair.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Caroline and Pierre looked great IMO.
Charlotte could've worn more flattering dress, but this one she wore didin't look bad either. Only Andrea looked like his suite is 3 sizes bigger, which probably is, since he's gotten thin lately.
IMO Andrea's looks is getting worse with years, unfortunately. But Pierre is looking hotter and hotter!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Nobility

they all look great, not pretentous and laughing like a crazy poser. I guess that's the difference between those born into royalty and those who marry into one. By the way do we know the young man with Charlotte is really Alex Delal? He looks like the son of one of the ruling family in Kuwait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The whole princely family made a big faux-pas to wear sunglasses during the awarding ceremony.

It is a big no-no to cover your eyes. I understand that the sun at the Côte d'Azur is blinding, but the few minutes of the awarding ceremony to the Grand Prix winner could have been done without sunglasses.

The whole group looked like The Sopranos On Tour.

you're too harsh on them. I would think being a fan of Netherland Princesses who always looks like an aging version of Britney Spears, you would not be too picky with the Monaco family
Old 05-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Nobility

Why do the females insist on wearing short skirts at this event? They should know by now that it gives ample opportunity for undignified photos. Charlotte's upskirt pic is a good example. And Tatiana's nearly showing as much. Charlene last year as well. If it was me, I'd never ever wear a short skirt if I had to attend the event, standing on that balcony. Floor length skirts or pants all the way. Being fashionable is one thing, but not at the cost of showing off my undies...
Then again, maybe they do it to get attention?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Gentry

I don't think that they do that just to get attention. But I think they might want to rethink what they wear if photographers are going to keep going with those shots.

Also, I loved Caro's dress. It fit her well for her body and for her age. But I really didn't like Charlotte's dress at all. Not at all flattering.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Nobility

if they wanted attention.....they'll make a habit of it.....or flash plp while getting out of cars or sitting down.......take it up with the nasty paparazzi who seems to be bend on taking a picture of a young girl's moment of lapse. Charlotte unlike her mothers and aunt at her age, not to mention many young current royals is very conservative and respectful of her position. So, people should lay it off, unless she makes a habit of showing her undies
Old 05-28-2007, 01:53 PM

Why does Charlene Wittstock always look so grungy? Honestly, she looks like she needs a good bath and haircut. I really like how informal the Monaco royal family is, but I think Charlene is just ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Well everyone has different opinions about style and clothes and I think that is really great because otherwise the world would be pretty boring. I can say that I really like the style of the Casiraghi's, they are nearly my age and I love those kind of outfits. Oh and Ernst, he is great, imo. His hair is always messy and that is what I like about him. He is not one of those slicky/metrosexual men. And we can't forget that he made it to the Top 10 list 'Best dressed' of Vanity Fair last year.

So and here are two more galleries from Abaca:

Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Abaca Press Americas Search Results
Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia
Absolutely ! And she is wearing an unflattering black and white dress with brown shoes , I think Charlotte has some lessons to take for her style !

The dress is brown not black....
Old 05-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
By the way do we know the young man with Charlotte is really Alex Dellal? He looks like the son of one of the ruling family in Kuwait.
I am absolutely certain it's Alex. I have seen many pics of him and it's definitely the same person. His 'exotic' looks comes from his mixed origins: Brazilian and Iranian (also Jewish if I am not mistaken)

Old 05-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
I am absolutely certain it's Alex. I have seen many pics of him and it's definitely the same person. His 'exotic' looks comes from his mixed origins: Brazilian and Iranian (also Jewish if I am not mistaken)
is he a basketball player? in any case he looks like a good match for her, and seems to be a nice person. Out of all the girlfriends/boyfriends he's the only one dressed well for the occasion.