2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sebastian

Royal Highness
City
---
Country
Germany
Yesterday November 10th 2005 Albert honored his sisters H.R.H. the Princess of Hanover and H.S.H. Princess Stephanie with decoration medals of the 'Ordre de Grimaldi'

Communiqué de Presse

Last edited:
I think the Crown Prince of Norway, and The Earl and the Countess of Wwessex are going to attend the Coronation Ceremony on the 18th of November?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I think the Crown Prince of Norway, and The Earl and the Countess of Wwessex are going to attend the Coronation Ceremony on the 18th of November?

Yes, that's right. :)

sebastian said:
Yesterday November 10th 2005 Albert honored his sisters H.R.H. the Princess of Hanover and H.S.H. Princess Stephanie with decoration medals of the 'Ordre de Grimaldi'

Communiqué de Presse

What is that exactly? but thanks for sharing we may see some pics .

RADKER18 said:
What is that exactly? but thanks for sharing we may see some pics .

Albert and the gouvernment honored Caroline for her cultural and Stephanie for her social work.

Can somebody translate the article please. I'm very curious to see what it says!

lashinka2002 said:
Can somebody translate the article please. I'm very curious to see what it says!

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient-menuext&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egouv%2Emc%2F304%2Fwwwnew%2Ensf%2F1909%24%2FDBCCF15B7AC20503C12570B50058EACAFR%3FOpenDocument%261FR

First act of the ceremonies of the Festival National 2005,
S.A.S. the Prince Albert II distinguishes S.A.R. the Princess of Hanover and S.A.S. the Stéphanie Princess.

S.A.S the Prince gives the badges of Commander of the Cultural Merit with S.A.R. the Princess of Hanover for her contribution to the development of Arts and the Culture in Principality, her active implication within the Foundation Prince Pierre, of the Ballets of Assembles-Carlo, lOrchestre Philharmonique of Assembles-Carlo, will lOpéra, the Spring of Arts, cultural entities Monegasques quElle chairs.

S.A.S the Prince gives with S.A.S the Princess Stéphanie the badges of Large Cross of lOrdre of Grimaldi, for its engagement in the fields humane, in particular for its action in the fight against the AIDS, and artistic, for its support of Arts of the track for through the International Festival of the Circus of Assembles-Carlo, created by the Prince Rainier III, whose thirtieth edition will be held in January 2006.

PRINCELY PALATE B.P. 518
MC 98015 MONACO CEDEX
Tel.: +377.93.25.18.31
Fax: +377.93.25.24.45
e-mail: presse@palais.mc

I consider the decorations to be a great idea, but we need pics of that!:)

Thanks for telling us Sebastian :) I'm not sure, but I think this is the first time Stephanie is given an order in Monaco, so maybe we might see her at the enthronement ceremonies wearing a sash or the order.

monaco70s said:
Thanks for telling us Sebastian :) I'm not sure, but I think this is the first time Stephanie is given an order in Monaco, so maybe we might see her at the enthronement ceremonies wearing a sash or the order.

That would be nice. :)

Another interesting live-broadcast: TF1 (french TV channel) - from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. - including live-interviews with Prince Albert and Prncess Stephanie.

TF1 - Le couronnement d'Albert II de Monaco

(I unfortunately don't know if there will be any livestream via internet)

there will be another show this sunday about monaco and the coronation at 20.50h on FRANCE 3 On ne peux pas plaire tous le monde. Some of these shows are repeated the following week on France 5, which is also transmitted in other EU countries.

Will Euronews cover the ceremony. I watched Prince Rainers funeral on EuroNews but I am not sure if they will show the enthronment.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Will Euronews cover the ceremony. I watched Prince Rainers funeral on EuroNews but I am not sure if they will show the enthronment.
officially the Tedeum is transmitted on mondiavision. So I suppose they will have a short extract in their news as well. In France TF1 and France 2 will have live transmissions, in Monaco of course TMC, in Germany RTL and ZDF.

Whether other countries will be showing the tedeum live, I don't know. it probably depends on the importance of the delegation. But it was anounced in yesterdays paper, that the security will be different from the funeral. for the funeral roads, airspace etc were completely blocked due to the number of heads of state. Confirmed have been the president from Ireland and Philippe douste-Blazy from France. Who ever will attend from other countries will arrive discretely.

Ok, for those interested: these are so far the VIPs officially announced

Mgr. Fortunato Baldelli - Representing the pope (and co-celebrating the tedeum),Victoria of sweden, Haakon of Norway, William of Luxembourgh, Moulay Rachid of Marocco, Feisal bin al Hussein of Jordan, Edward and Sophie Wessex, Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein, JOachim of Denmark, Antonello Bacciocchi for San Marino, Claudio Muccioli for San Marino, Olafur Ragnar Grimsson for Iceland, George Iacovou for Cyprus, Albert Pintat and Carmen Rossell for Andorra, Marcello Pera for Italy, Christiaan Kroener for the Netherlands

paca said:
Ok, for those interested: these are so far the VIPs officially announced

Mgr. Fortunato Baldelli - Representing the pope (and co-celebrating the tedeum),Victoria of sweden, Haakon of Norway, William of Luxembourgh, Moulay Rachid of Marocco, Feisal bin al Hussein of Jordan, Edward and Sophie Wessex, Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein, JOachim of Denmark, Antonello Bacciocchi for San Marino, Claudio Muccioli for San Marino, Olafur Ragnar Grimsson for Iceland, George Iacovou for Cyprus, Albert Pintat and Carmen Rossell for Andorra, Marcello Pera for Italy, Christiaan Kroener for the Netherlands

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will also attend
see : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/322137-post165.html

Do we have the program for the enthronement ceremonies?
can somebody put it in this thread?
thanks a lot... :) :)

purple_platinum said:
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will also attend
see : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/322137-post165.html

Do we have the program for the enthronement ceremonies?
can somebody put it in this thread?
thanks a lot... :) :)
Yes she was # 2 in my list:) The program is already in this thread (try under Palais.mc english version news national day). Basically the same as usual + an extra dinner for the VIPs and this year a football game. Let's hope AS will not be losing again;) Wouldn't be a good omen:D .

ooo... i'm sorry.. i read the list twice but somehow didn't realised that.
totally my mistake. sorry, paca...

Anyone from the Spanish Royal Family? I'm guessing after what he said in Singapore for the Olympics 2008 none of them is gonna go.

planetcher said:
Anyone from the Spanish Royal Family? I'm guessing after what he said in Singapore for the Olympics 2008 none of them is gonna go.
There was nothing official in todays paper, but I could imagine that since Haakon and Felipe are friends, that he would come. Besides PAs remark about security was quite legitimate, especially if you consider what an easy target they are. And I don't think anyone would want to have a repetion of Munich 1972.

was the date finally changed to the 18th as i read somewhere else? are any of the attendants known? :)

carlota said:
was the date finally changed to the 18th as i read somewhere else? are any of the attendants known? :)

No, it is still the 19th as PA decided. He didn't see any reason to change it after over 50 years. What did change though is the prayer for the prince during the service, which is sung at every service in the churches of MC. During the mourning period, Rainier has ordered in his testament that the name of the sovereign should be left out to unite father and son (THE moment during the funeral where PA couldn't retain his tears either and every one else started sniffing into their handkerchiefs). The prayer with Alberts name has been sung for the first time in July, where again everyone was moved.

paca said:
There was nothing official in todays paper, but I could imagine that since Haakon and Felipe are friends, that he would come. Besides PAs remark about security was quite legitimate, especially if you consider what an easy target they are. And I don't think anyone would want to have a repetion of Munich 1972.

The Spanish we do not consider it to be like that. Neither the politicians nor the population consider it, for what I do not believe that there goes any member of the Spanish Royal Family.

It bothered the question and the form in the one that did it. He is a Chief of State and must be more careful with these topics. The same question that did to Spain could do it to New York, London or his French friends. Today in day no country is to except of the terrorism.

Spain goes 30 years suffering ETA's terrorism, and it has not prevented that in 1992 a Olympic Games were celebrated in Barcelona, and that it had celebrated hundreds of international sports, political and cultural events.

In addition, he was in charge to complicate the things when he raised the possibility that Gibraltar was member of the Olympic organisms.

The Spanish politicians ended enchanted him and their commentaries.:mad:

The peculiar thing is that all these things do not worry to him when he or their family comes from vacations to Spain, to enjoy the sun of Marbella, the celebrations of Ibiza or the huntings.:p

As the celebrations now began all over Monaco ...we can start over to post every story and picture conected to the festivities and events in Monaco:

Mnaco Matin - 16.11.2005

michelle said:
As the celebrations now began all over Monaco ...we can start over to post every story and picture conected to the festivities and events in Monaco:

Mnaco Matin - 16.11.2005

translation from deadline press :

Begining of the National Fete Monegasque :
Albert II & Stephanie carry out the traditional handing-over of gifts to the old people

Beginning of the festivities of the National Festival Monegasque with the traditional handing-over of gifts with the old people in the buildings of the Red Cross Monegasque. It is the Stéphanie Princess and her brother the Prince Souverain Albert II, who have, like each year, distributed the bags of present. There was between the Prince and his sister a great complicity. The Princess, very bronzed, is back of Thailand where it spent two weeks of holidays of in love with her friend Matthieu. Radiant and smiling, it would have agreed to be implied still more in the businesses of the State at the sides of her brother.

some members have posted in Prince Albert & Princess Stephanie's threads lots photos of this event :

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/323292-post58.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/323408-post61.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/323514-post158.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/323410-post156.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/323498-post157.html

First pictured event - yesterday at 10h30 a.m. ...
Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie for the Red Cross:

fte9h0.jpg
fte9gh.jpg
fte9fn.jpg
fte9td.jpg
fte9u1.jpg

(sipa, profimedia)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom