2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to all, who have posted pictures.
Is there any pic, in which Caroline looks at her younger sister?!? Do they still have their silly quarrel going on? Wouldn´t it be time to make peace and to support their brother instead? Or is it just normal, that sisters don´t look at each other in 3 hours of show (?) :confused:

budge9 said:
Sorry this may sound really trivial but was the sign of peace before communion was given? Thanks! If so I have it on tape and will post it later for those who missed it to see.

Yes, they did the Sign of the Cross, as done in every Catholic Mass worldwide. In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit (or "holy ghost", depending on the personal preference).:)

tigerlilly2005 said:
i think steph an caro were very friendly to each other.

Oh yeah, they all seemed in very good spirits. CNN said the sisters got tearful at the mass when the archbishop was paying tribute to Rainier, but I haven't seen that in the pics and in all the pics so far, everyone seems very happy. There were many moments when Char looks really bored though! Did you guys notice her check her watch toward the end when they were in the windows? :D

The translation of Stephanie's live-interview on TF1 -> link

Reporter: Your Highness, everything went well? Not too much emotion?
Stephanie: Almost too much emotion. But it is magnificiant.
R: Who did you think of during the mass?
S: Well, I thought of my brother...what that means to him and our country. The emotion was very strong. I thought of my Daddy as well.
R:You are very close to your brother. Does that change now - your role?
S: We've always been very close in the family. It will stay like this. It's a family story. I'll, we'll always give the best.
R: You always said Albert is the ideal 'big brother' - but I imagine you have some fights sometimes?
S: No, they're very rare. We always find a way, a dialogue, we talk... to mend the little conflicts. We always understand.
R: What is your brothers biggist quality which touches you and his biggest failing or shortcoming which bothers you?
S: His qualities are honesty, his generosty and his straightness and his loyality ... his shortcomings are maybe the same sometimes ( laughs). He has shortcomings like everybody. I love him like he is. There's no problem.
R: During the mass you watched him sometimes. There are a lot of signs of tenderness. Do you need that or is it him who needs it?
S: It comes spontaniously. It's just natural. I think we need it both. It assures us.
R: Are you realizing that things change for him?
S: Yeah, well, he's my brother...so it's difficult but I just start to realize completely... it's a new start for us, the family - we'll always be there as my bother said. It's the most important.
R: You're proud and confident?
S. Absolutely
R: Your children adore The Prince, their uncle. How will they adress him now. Is it still Tonton Albert, no , it'll be 'Monseignieur' or not?
S: No, no, he'll always be their Tonton. Albert would never want that to change.
R: My co-presenter told us earlier that you're a great fan of soccer. There'll be an important match this afternoon. As Monaco vs. St. Etienne. A forecast, your Highness?
S: I think AS Monaco hs to win to make a beautiful present to the country and their prince. The weather is fine, so this will be a party, a day to remeber for us all...
R: Do you know exactly how many different outfits you wore since the beginning of the festivities?
S: Hmm, yes.. (laughs)
R: How many?
S: Well, (laughs) ... honestly, I can't remeber exactly... (laughs)
R:It must have been about 10?
S: Yeah..guess
R: ok, thank you, your Highness and have a good time continuing. You still have some work to do today?!
S: Yes, but that's just luck on my brothers side...it's ok...
R: Merci
S: Merci

Last edited:
paca said:
She cried at her dads funeral, especially during the prayer for the prince and same spot on the 12th of July. It seems that that's her tears on button;) . lets hope she won't make that into a habit, ' cause we might just have to skip this from the service;) But seriously, this year especially this part of any mass has been reminding people of Rainier. ANd even on normal sundays you have people fighting their tears (especially the older ones). And you wouldn't believe but still people have a hard time not to automatically sing Ranierium instead of Albertum. Some just never sang anything else, so singing it differently now marks a complete new area for everyone in MC,not just the Grimaldis.

I couldn't hear what people really said, because I watched just a few picture on the TV news today, and the journalist's voice covered any other sound.

CasiraghiTrio said:
There were many moments when Char looks really bored though! Did you guys notice her check her watch toward the end when they were in the windows? :D

lol.....really???? i didn´t see it.that´s funny

Tosca said:
I couldn't hear what people really said, because I watched just a few picture on the TV news today, and the journalist's voice covered any other sound.
I think te best thing would be to watch the video on Monday, since I just saw sth on TF1 and they have talked through everything. AT least TMC gives you a chance to enjoy the service and is far better informed, since local TV. (btw one of the people there said that Rainier chose the opera for the opening tonight 3 years ago, which was initially composed for the inthronisation of Charles X - coincidence?)

I had the chance to be inside the cathedral and follow most of it either live or on screen, so no unnecessary disruptions by commentators and I must say that what we see inside and the emotions that are there just do not come across on TV and since the commentators are to busy talking, they often miss, what happens and why. That's how the rumour about Carolines tears in July came about. If they would have taken a minute to see and listen, they would have known the truth.

I watch it on EuroNews. Caroline looks good, but I thought that she wiil wear a nice costume than a coat. Staphanie looks great but for me she was sad and immediately absent. Casiraghi Trio great - boys handsome, maybe Charlotte's hat was little...well different. Why Stephanie's children wasn't present?
Victotria to much red but nice. She was very visible. Doesn't she wore that dress in Germany?
Others: two strange hats (Sophie and this other lady - wife of Iceland President?). I was surprised to see Sophie of Liechtenstein - too dark hat and light others. Clothilde smth was wrong with her hat but quite good.

thanks for the info, paca! Unfortunately I can't get TMC here like we used to back in the 80's, not even by the sat TV. To watch the TF1 video I should rush to my second home in Alsace: there we have the only TV set operating in the SECAM system in my son's room. He,he!

Steph was the most beautiful today: her hair and green outfit looks amazing on her! Caro was okay, a bit boring but not bad. Char disappointed me with the "ship outfit", she was cute anyway.
Andrea and Pierre:very hansome as always

I love this knid of event becouse you can see the family together so happy

Thanks a lot to tbhrc and the others for the superb job they have done on posting pics from today's ceremonies. It was really nice seeing almost all of the family, I would have liked to see Stephanie's children too in the mass and on the balcony.

I hope we get a panoramic picture of the Palace so we could see all the balconies, I had never seen in recent years Princess Antoniette's family on the balcony before. Melanie, Elizabeth Ann, Jean Sebastian, and Leonor (Christian's daughter) were in the mass behind the Casiraghis.

BTW once again both Caroline and Stephanie look stunning, yet I think Stephanie was the one who looked better this time! Also both of them were wearing the orders Albert gave them earlier this week.

I couldn't watch it live, but it was nice to see some bits of the mass on the news. I would have liked if more crowned heads would have attended like they did on the funeral. Can't wait for tonite's Gala pics.

Stephanie's children were there. If they stepped out onto one of the other balconys I don't know. I think it is just Stephanie's decisoin to not have them 'presented' - I would have loved to see pictures of them too - but I understand Steph#s choice.

I think we might see some pictures of them later today at the ASM match!

monaco70s said:
Thanks a lot to tbhrc and the others for the superb job they have done on posting pics from today's ceremonies. It was really nice seeing almost all of the family, I would have liked to see Stephanie's children too in the mass and on the balcony.

I hope we get a panoramic picture of the Palace so we could see all the balconies, I had never seen in recent years Princess Antoniette's family on the balcony before. Melanie, Elizabeth Ann, Jean Sebastian, and Leonor (Christian's daughter) were in the mass behind the Casiraghis.

BTW once again both Caroline and Stephanie look stunning, yet I think Stephanie was the one who looked better this time! Also both of them were wearing the orders Albert gave them earlier this week.

I couldn't watch it live, but it was nice to see some bits of the mass on the news. I would have liked if more crowned heads would have attended like they did on the funeral. Can't wait for tonite's Gala pics.

Leonor? Isn't Christian's daughter Laetitia de Massy? Who is Leonor?

Some pics from newscom
sipaphotos334554

sipaphotos334551

sipaphotos334534

I think Caroline looked really boring in that dress. However she still manages to look regal as ever, though she also looked old. Stephanie looked really great on that dress, the colors were perfect for her though when I saw the entirety of the dress, the frills sort of baffled me for a while. But she outdid her sister and her niece today, fashion-wise and her hair looked gorgeous too. Andrea really needs to cut his hair and hire a better tailor, once again the suit didn't seem to fit him to perfection! And the hair has to go which is sad because that has become his trademark and what initially made me interested in him. Pierre, on the other hand, looked perfect! The 'do is really great and once again, I commend him for having the courage to cut off those golden locks! And he looked very sweet at times and was possibly the happiest-looking Grimaldi there, he was always laughing, and was very touchy-touchy with his Mom, aunt and sister. Gorgeous guy. Charlotte, IMO, just committed her first major fashion disaster-messy hair, messy dress, and I couldn't even understand her hat! The shoes, in contrast, were absolutely beautiful.

Those being said, it was great seeing the entire family together, though I noticed how the Hannovers seemed to try to get lost in the background inc. Alexandra and her father...and where were the H. princes? I would also have loved to see Steph's trio there with them (IS IT JUST ME OR SHOULD THIS FAMILY GET A BIGGER BALCONY?! hehe). But the Grimaldi and Casiraghi trio looked like a very happy group. They seem like a very normal family, very close, relaxed and loving with each other, and not at all like most European royalty. I especially liked the way they crowded around Albert the moment he arrived at the balcony. They all looked very proud!

So anyway, congrats to the Monegasques and I hope AS Monaco wins today!

Thanks Sebastian for the information :) Good to know they were there.Yes you're right CasiraghiTrio, it is Laetitia ;)

Some more (newscom)
Char and Andrea
sipaphotos334483

Grimmy and Lilly
sipaphotos334496

Grimaldi trio
maxphotos000077

Char pierre and Albert
maxphotos000066

And more (newscom)
Pierre Char Caro and Steph on the balcony
sipaphotos334462

Alex with mum
sipaphotos334464

Just Char
sipaphotos334457

I don´t know tigerlly i can see them as links and they work...

Pic from yesterday (newscom)
Albert and Victoria

sipaphotos334234

sipaphotos334240

Char (look alike with the pic posted)
sipaphotos334250

I want to thank Tbhrc and the rest who have posted photo's that aren't done in attachments which I can't view with the new software. Thank you for sharing your fines.

Here are the pics of Alexandra from Newscom

fvw6rq.jpg

fvw6sx.jpg

fvw6tx.jpg

fvw6xv.jpg

fvw6yo.jpg

fvw6zt.jpg

fvw711.jpg

You're welcome Monaco and Lady MacAlpine. Piewi I can't see your pics too. So I posted the ones of Alex with Tiny Pic.

thanks for the photos of Alexandra! I didn't see her the entire time during the broadcast! She's grown so big and cute. The look in her eyes reminds me of Andrea at about that age. :D

Does anyone know what time the Game starts?
will it just be the royal family of Monaco or will Victoria and other royals attend the match also?

Back
Top Bottom