The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

A little more on video: France 2 again .... three little reports ( scroll down)

Old 11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I had the chance of watching just few pictures of the ceremonies on the TV news, regarding Albert's enthronement today. Did any of you notice that while Caroline made him a courtsey, Stephanie didn't?
I just looked at the videos and actually they are taken on different occasions (at least I think so). She courtseys as she receives her decoration, whereas at the enthronement ceremony they both kissed their brother (at least I so them both kiss him).

Old 11-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Courtier

I've seen a video of Albert decorating his sisters; he said very nice things about Caroline while presenting her with the decoration, about her efforts and how much she helps him with advice...both Albert and Caro seemed touched and moved.

The video might be on the Verissimo site, I'm going to check.

Kisses

ETA: Caro kissed Albert and courtseied both at the enthronement and while receiving her decoration while Steph didn't in either occasion. I guess Caro is just more careful about the etiquette...It has always been said her parents where stricter with her in this regard.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Majesty

More pics from yesterday

Colourpress

Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Majesty

And the rest from Colourpress

Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I assure you that for the politicians and the Spanish population his question was not innocent at all. His question was total and absolutely badly meaningful. It does not serve the excuse of wanting a few Olympic sure games, because today in day no country is sure against the terrorism (what happened in London two days later demonstrates it). On the other hand, ETA already existed when the Olympic Games were celebrated in Barcelona.
Besides, he worsened the situation with the topic of Gibraltar a few days later.
Alberto managed the almost impossible thing to put all the political parties of agreement.
The Spanish we are a very sensitive society with the topic of the terrorism because we have suffered very much. And his way of using the topic of the terrorism did not please.
It wasn´t liked neither by the politicians, nor by the citizens ... if you had heard the commentaries of the politicians, of the journalists, of the normal people ... . Whenever one speaks about Alberto of Monaco the people speak about it.
The King of Spain is the Chief of the State, and his family represents all the Spanish ... and the Spanish do not want to be represented in this ceremony.

It is not a personal question, not of Royal Families it is a question of politics and of loyalty to the citizens of the country to which it is represented.

The Spanish Royal Family and that of Monaco always they have had good relation. The Queen Victoria Eugenia (grandmother of the King Juan Carlos) was living in the exile in Switzerland, and he was the only member of the royalty who came to the wedding of Rainiero and Grace and supported Grace. She was the godmother of Alberto.

In addition the family Grimaldi travels every year to Spain, because of it the people did not understand Alberto's question, because if his family travels every year to Spain it has to know well the situation of the country. If a country is not sure, it is not to come to a wedding (and the safety in that of the Princes of Asturias was giving), to come to hunt, to have dinner, to go of party...

It will have to pass a time in order that the Spanish forget that one.

It is not also the first time that happens, the Kings of Spain did not go to Carlos and Diana´s wedding because they were beginning their honeymoon in Gibraltar. Some years later they came to Spain, and Carlos' relation with the Spanish Royal Family is marvellous (even he has come to 3 weddings).
This just shows how childish people can be. Spain never had a glimpse of a chance to have the Olympics, especially not after Blairs foulplay. PA did his job as a member of the olympic comittee. Asking questions was his job. But what another article (and there are many alike on the net) claims is, that a lot of royalty (the more conservative the more put off) was put off by his admission that he had fathered a child. That just shows the hypocrisy of the higher ranking royals: Felipe married a divorcee( oh yes, it wasn't in church so it doesn't count ), Willem Alexander married a woman who was educated by a highranking official of a totalitarian government (did he ever get put into jail for it btw? his government killed thousands of people and he knew)- sure he wasn't invited so things could go ahead , oh and Haakon married a single mum with a drug history, but hey she regretted it publicly so everything is fine now. And Charles married a woman who he used to cheat his young wife with. But now they are married and everything is just dandy.

The only crime that PA committed was that he had unprotected sex with a woman he didn't marry and who made him a father. That's stupid but hardly a crime. ANd in the committee he simply asked questions that the Spanish didn't like. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been asked.

The "A-listers" act as though they were all holier than thou. At least one thing the Grimaldies can say for themselves: they have arrived in the 21st century and they don't seem to be the kind to carry childish grudges.

BTW, isn't it terrible to call some of the guests 2nd or 3rd class? How are they supposed to feel?

Btw, i like those princess with a slight "fault". Just in case someone should take offence. I just think it seems to be strange thinking by some people
Old 11-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Majesty

And here are some from Deadline Press

Old 11-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

I must say they all chose their wardrobe well. Did you notice that PA didn't wear his uniform once? I wonder whether he'll me wearing it tomorrow. If he wouldn't wear it , he would very clearly distinguish himself from his dad. In MC it was always worth a comment, when Rainier didn't wear his.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

I have to agree. They look great ...the ; as you would say, Grimaldi Trio ...;-)

Here's another possibility to follow the ceremonies on a livestream tomorrow: TF1
Old 11-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Fireworks for the Prince tonight in Monaco : Le Rocher en Fète

More pix of Princess Stephanie : here
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Preparation inside the Cathedral

from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	214953   Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	214954   Click image for larger version

Name:	33.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	214955   Click image for larger version

Name:	34.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	214956  

Click image for larger version

Name:	35.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	214957   Click image for larger version

Name:	36.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	214958   Click image for larger version

Name:	37.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	214959  
Old 11-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Was Stephanie there when Caroline received her medal as she doesn't seem to be in any of the photos? Does anybody know if there are any videos on the internet of the two medal ceremonies as I would love to see them?! I would also love to know exactly what Prince Albert said about his sisters when he awarded them their medals?! Thanks a million for any information you can give me!!! :)
Old 11-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Fireworks for the Prince tonight in Monaco : Le Rocher en Fète

More pix of Princess Stephanie : here
They just finished. Quite nice and rather noisy. Mostly red and white. I tried to take pics, but camera gave up on me.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9
Was Stephanie there when Caroline received her medal as she doesn't seem to be in any of the photos? Does anybody know if there are any videos on the internet of the two medal ceremonies as I would love to see them?! I would also love to know exactly what Prince Albert said about his sisters when he awarded them their medals?! Thanks a million for any information you can give me!!! :)
Stephanie was there. There are some pics of the event on one of the previous pages on this thread. Unfortunatly I don't know what he said during the awarding.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Nobility

I've seen the photos which show Caroline there when Stephanie recieved her medal and them both there when Albert took the oath but I can't see Stephanie in the group photo for Caroline receiving her medal.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Here are some more pics from Colourpress

Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They have bits and pieces cut into all sorts of reports on the video links posted.

If anyone can receive tmc, you might be interested in this. I think this has been shown on France 3 earlier this year. http://www.tmc.tv/
Old 11-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I've seen the photos which show Caroline there when Stephanie recieved her medal and them both there when Albert took the oath but I can't see Stephanie in the group photo for Caroline receiving her medal.
Hmmm, it was the same day but different time so - seems like Caro d changed the outfit in between.

Thanx to tbhrc for the wonderful pics :)
Old 11-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Majesty

You're welcome. And thanks to you sebastian for your pics.

Here is another video from ZDF

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/inhal...rv_dsl,00.html
Old 11-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Caro was definetely there when Steph received her decoration, but I don't think Steph was there when Caro received hers, or at least she was not in any camera shot...

While introducing Caro, Albert said that he was pleased to recognize her long and hard efforts in the field of arts, music, ballet, that she is very important for the Principality and for him because she gives him invaluable advice in these areas; then Caro was given the decoration, they kissed and she curtseyed, they smiled and everyone around started clapping.

When Steph was decorated (I'm pretty sure it was a different cerimony) the motivation was read by a member of the Palais staff so Albert said nothing; he just gave Steph the decoration, they kissed but she didn't curtsey.

Hope I've helped; I have they video but unfortunately can't post it on internet and I have checked, it is not on any website...

Kisses