2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tosca said:
I had the chance of watching just few pictures of the ceremonies on the TV news, regarding Albert's enthronement today. Did any of you notice that while Caroline made him a courtsey, Stephanie didn't?
I just looked at the videos and actually they are taken on different occasions (at least I think so). She courtseys as she receives her decoration, whereas at the enthronement ceremony they both kissed their brother (at least I so them both kiss him).

I've seen a video of Albert decorating his sisters; he said very nice things about Caroline while presenting her with the decoration, about her efforts and how much she helps him with advice...both Albert and Caro seemed touched and moved.

The video might be on the Verissimo site, I'm going to check.

Kisses

ETA: Caro kissed Albert and courtseied both at the enthronement and while receiving her decoration while Steph didn't in either occasion. I guess Caro is just more careful about the etiquette...It has always been said her parents where stricter with her in this regard.

Last edited:
More pics from yesterday

Colourpress

fuxno7.jpg

fuxnp2.jpg

fuxnpj.jpg

fuxnqr.jpg

fuxnrr.jpg

fuxnvp.jpg

fuxnwm.jpg

And the rest from Colourpress

fuxnyc.jpg

fuxo2a.jpg

fuxo36.jpg

fuxo3s.jpg

fuxo50.jpg

fuxo5z.jpg

lula said:
I assure you that for the politicians and the Spanish population his question was not innocent at all. His question was total and absolutely badly meaningful. It does not serve the excuse of wanting a few Olympic sure games, because today in day no country is sure against the terrorism (what happened in London two days later demonstrates it). On the other hand, ETA already existed when the Olympic Games were celebrated in Barcelona.
Besides, he worsened the situation with the topic of Gibraltar a few days later.
Alberto managed the almost impossible thing to put all the political parties of agreement.
The Spanish we are a very sensitive society with the topic of the terrorism because we have suffered very much. And his way of using the topic of the terrorism did not please.
It wasn´t liked neither by the politicians, nor by the citizens ... if you had heard the commentaries of the politicians, of the journalists, of the normal people ... . Whenever one speaks about Alberto of Monaco the people speak about it.
The King of Spain is the Chief of the State, and his family represents all the Spanish ... and the Spanish do not want to be represented in this ceremony.

It is not a personal question, not of Royal Families it is a question of politics and of loyalty to the citizens of the country to which it is represented.

The Spanish Royal Family and that of Monaco always they have had good relation. The Queen Victoria Eugenia (grandmother of the King Juan Carlos) was living in the exile in Switzerland, and he was the only member of the royalty who came to the wedding of Rainiero and Grace and supported Grace. She was the godmother of Alberto.

In addition the family Grimaldi travels every year to Spain, because of it the people did not understand Alberto's question, because if his family travels every year to Spain it has to know well the situation of the country. If a country is not sure, it is not to come to a wedding (and the safety in that of the Princes of Asturias was giving), to come to hunt, to have dinner, to go of party...

It will have to pass a time in order that the Spanish forget that one.

It is not also the first time that happens, the Kings of Spain did not go to Carlos and Diana´s wedding because they were beginning their honeymoon in Gibraltar. Some years later they came to Spain, and Carlos' relation with the Spanish Royal Family is marvellous (even he has come to 3 weddings).

This just shows how childish people can be. Spain never had a glimpse of a chance to have the Olympics, especially not after Blairs foulplay. PA did his job as a member of the olympic comittee. Asking questions was his job. But what another article (and there are many alike on the net) claims is, that a lot of royalty (the more conservative the more put off) was put off by his admission that he had fathered a child. That just shows the hypocrisy of the higher ranking royals: Felipe married a divorcee( oh yes, it wasn't in church so it doesn't count:rolleyes: ), Willem Alexander married a woman who was educated by a highranking official of a totalitarian government (did he ever get put into jail for it btw? his government killed thousands of people and he knew)- sure he wasn't invited so things could go ahead :rolleyes:, oh and Haakon married a single mum with a drug history, but hey she regretted it publicly so everything is fine now. And Charles married a woman who he used to cheat his young wife with. But now they are married and everything is just dandy.

The only crime that PA committed was that he had unprotected sex with a woman he didn't marry and who made him a father. That's stupid but hardly a crime. ANd in the committee he simply asked questions that the Spanish didn't like. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been asked.

The "A-listers" act as though they were all holier than thou. At least one thing the Grimaldies can say for themselves: they have arrived in the 21st century and they don't seem to be the kind to carry childish grudges.

BTW, isn't it terrible to call some of the guests 2nd or 3rd class? How are they supposed to feel?

Btw, i like those princess with a slight "fault". Just in case someone should take offence. I just think it seems to be strange thinking by some people;)

Last edited:
And here are some from Deadline Press

fuxqtj.jpg

fuxquq.jpg

fuxqvm.jpg

fuxqwg.jpg

fuxqxk.jpg

fuxr1s.jpg

fuxr2q.jpg

I must say they all chose their wardrobe well. Did you notice that PA didn't wear his uniform once? I wonder whether he'll me wearing it tomorrow. If he wouldn't wear it , he would very clearly distinguish himself from his dad. In MC it was always worth a comment, when Rainier didn't wear his.

I have to agree. They look great ...the ; as you would say, Grimaldi Trio ...;-)

Here's another possibility to follow the ceremonies on a livestream tomorrow: TF1

Preparation inside the Cathedral

from getty

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 243
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 216
Was Stephanie there when Caroline received her medal as she doesn't seem to be in any of the photos? Does anybody know if there are any videos on the internet of the two medal ceremonies as I would love to see them?! I would also love to know exactly what Prince Albert said about his sisters when he awarded them their medals?! Thanks a million for any information you can give me!!! :)

sebastian said:
Fireworks for the Prince tonight in Monaco : Le Rocher en Fète

More pix of Princess Stephanie : here

They just finished. Quite nice and rather noisy. Mostly red and white. I tried to take pics, but camera gave up on me.:mad:

budge9 said:
Was Stephanie there when Caroline received her medal as she doesn't seem to be in any of the photos? Does anybody know if there are any videos on the internet of the two medal ceremonies as I would love to see them?! I would also love to know exactly what Prince Albert said about his sisters when he awarded them their medals?! Thanks a million for any information you can give me!!! :)

Stephanie was there. There are some pics of the event on one of the previous pages on this thread. Unfortunatly I don't know what he said during the awarding.

I've seen the photos which show Caroline there when Stephanie recieved her medal and them both there when Albert took the oath but I can't see Stephanie in the group photo for Caroline receiving her medal.

Here are some more pics from Colourpress

fuyxqb.jpg

fuyxr7.jpg

fuyxrt.jpg

fuyz2b.jpg

fuyz3n.jpg

fuyz4j.jpg

fuyz5d.jpg

budge9 said:
They have bits and pieces cut into all sorts of reports on the video links posted.

If anyone can receive tmc, you might be interested in this. I think this has been shown on France 3 earlier this year. http://www.tmc.tv/

budge9 said:
I've seen the photos which show Caroline there when Stephanie recieved her medal and them both there when Albert took the oath but I can't see Stephanie in the group photo for Caroline receiving her medal.

Hmmm, it was the same day but different time so - seems like Caro d changed the outfit in between.

Thanx to tbhrc for the wonderful pics :)

Caro was definetely there when Steph received her decoration, but I don't think Steph was there when Caro received hers, or at least she was not in any camera shot...

While introducing Caro, Albert said that he was pleased to recognize her long and hard efforts in the field of arts, music, ballet, that she is very important for the Principality and for him because she gives him invaluable advice in these areas; then Caro was given the decoration, they kissed and she curtseyed, they smiled and everyone around started clapping.

When Steph was decorated (I'm pretty sure it was a different cerimony) the motivation was read by a member of the Palais staff so Albert said nothing; he just gave Steph the decoration, they kissed but she didn't curtsey.

Hope I've helped; I have they video but unfortunately can't post it on internet and I have checked, it is not on any website...

Kisses

Maybe something will be show on BBC, CNN or DW - live. I don't know how about TVE but smth will be show ob Corazon Corazon (14.30).

I recorded it from tv and I have it on tape, not on the computer, that's why i can't put it online, sorry; I have been quite accurate with the description though.

Tbhrc, thank you a lot by a Caro fan for the pics that you always provide!

kisses

Las video I found: France2 again - Interview d 'Albert de Monaco ( last sujet)

Thanks a lot to everyone for posting information, pics, and videos of the enthronement ceremonies this week.

Both Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie look stunning in all of the pics! I really find very emotional the pics of Prince Albert giving the orders to his sisters and those of him wearing the Sovereign Prince's necklace/medallion in the throne room.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I hope we see Caroline's and Stephanie's children on the balcony or on the Palace's courtyard tommorrow. It will also be nice to see Princess Antoniette's family. I wonder if any of the Kellys will attend like Chris & Lizanne Levine, or Marco Casiraghi along with his mom Fernanda.

Fireworks in Monaco

From coloupress

Attachments

• monac1.jpg
    monac1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 297
  • monac2.jpg
    monac2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 303
No "big night out" pics yet? I hoped they would surface now as tomorrow we will all be concentrating on the direct of the Mass...

Night.

From the Philadelphia Inquirer a few days ago:

As you might expect, a crew of Kellys will be in Monaco this weekend for the enthronement of Prince Albert, 47, the only son of East Falls-born Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier.

But one Kelly at the ceremonial Mass won't be a Kelly. That is, the Rev. John Kelly. He's pastor of St. Bridget's Roman Catholic Church in East Falls, home parish of the Kelly family. Patriarch John B. Kelly Sr. was a millionaire and 1920 Olympic single-sculls gold medalist. Grace Kelly's brother Jack's name now lives on Kelly Drive.

Father Kelly is no relation. He grew up, one of 10 children, on the humbler side of town, in St. Anne's parish (that's Port Richmond, Kensington or Fishtown, depending on whom you ask).Father Kelly will be doing one of the Scripture readings during the liturgy Saturday. He said he'd learn today which passage it'll be. Albert was installed July 12, three months after Rainier's death; Saturday's Mass, celebrated by Archbishop Bernard Barsi, will be attended by heads of state.

It's fitting that a rep of St. Bridget's will be there; Father Kelly notes that the Rev. John Cartin, then St. Bridget's pastor, helped officiate at the 1956 wedding of Albert's parenAlbert visited St. Bridget's two years ago during a celebration of its sesquicentennial.

Good Morning everybody - and
fvidmd.gif
for being with us ...

My sister and brother left for Monaco yesterday night. I'm injured so I can't go :( ... I'll stay here today with you (+ my mom and my sister's boyfriend by my side) :)

Monaco's local newspaper today

I hope for all to have a wonderful day - and let's
fvidsw.gif
for Monaco today - for our Prince/s ( and Princesses ) and for our team to win the game this afternoon ...
fvidzk.gif
ALLEZ MONACO ALLEZ MONACO ALLEZ MONACO

- so I already took out the flags ...

fvie5w.gif
fvie5w.gif
fvie5w.gif

Back
Top Bottom