Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

what a gorgeous opera house!

Old 11-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx...ticleid=256653

InternationalPrince Albert II to be invested as ruler of MonacoMonaco16 November 2005 08:58

Prince Albert II is to be formally invested as ruler of Monaco this week in a series of ceremonies taking place in the Mediterranean microstate synonymous with high living, gambling and jet-set glamour.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will also attend
see : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-post165.html

Do we have the program for the enthronement ceremonies?
can somebody put it in this thread?
thanks a lot... :) :)
yay! SO does that mean we'll be seeing photos of Victoria later this week?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
what is that Ribbons stephanie is wearing on her lapel? AIDS awareness?
Yup ...exactly :)
Old 11-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
Yup ...exactly :)
Ok, thanks for answering my question!

was there a special reason for her to wear it?e.g. it is international AIDS awareness day? or was she just wearing it generally?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Ok, thanks for answering my question!

was there a special reason for her to wear it?e.g. it is international AIDS awareness day? or was she just wearing it generally?
She's wearing it very often to show her support. The International AIDS awareness day is December 1st.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:30 PM

Does anyone know if any of the Swedish Royal Family will attend the enthronment ceremonies?
Old 11-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you looked up and read the previous posts you would know that Victoria is coming.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

Are there any other royals coming to this historic event as well?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Are there any other royals coming to this historic event as well?
Yes from GB, liechtenstein and luxembourgh. Official list has been posted earlier in the thread.

Interesting side mark btw: until last week the prince's press office had no idea which French channels would transmit the enthronement. The official statemet was, that only TMC would transmit the tedeum in French. It seems that they are always the last to get the news. PA seriously needs to have more competent people there and maybe give them some info occasionally, since TF1 website said, that he personally got involved in them having everything they needed for their broadcast and arranging for some interview.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you paca. :)
Old 11-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

"it is not predicted that some member of the Spanish Royal family moves to go Saturday to Monaco in the occasion of the international enthronement of Alberto II", said yesterday a spokesman of the Palace of the Zarzuela in Madrid.

http://estadis.eluniversal.com.mx/estilos/45820.html
Old 11-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco's High Officials leave the Royal Palace after pledging allegiance to the sovereign, 17 November 2005. Ceremonies marking the formal investiture of Prince Albert II of Monaco started 17 November in the royal palace, in presence of the royal family and senior ministers

From getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56192956.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	214271   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	214272   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	214276   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	214277  

Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	214287   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	214288   Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	214291   Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	214292  

Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Courtier

I'm not surprised no Spanish Royals are attending--his comments at this time of the Olympic presentations were clearly politically motivated and really really pissed off the spanish--and justifiably too. As for the other royals--well, not exactly the pick of the liter, as they say. I find it interesting.

Heads of State will also be few and far between. I read that only the President of Iceland and the Capitan regegents on San Marino will be in attendance. Is that accurate?

Since this is the "internatinal" affair, as oppossed to the "national" affair a few months back, it's not promising to be a very impressive event for a little principality famous for glamour--although I'm not sure how much longer that reputation will last.

Is he really going to a soccer game the night of his enthronement? Certainly an intersting choice.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
Since this is the "internatinal" affair, as oppossed to the "national" affair a few months back, it's not promising to be a very impressive event for a little principality famous for glamour--although I'm not sure how much longer that reputation will last.
I think you got that wrong! The enthronement is a national "affair" and the other stuff a few months back were a international "affair." Right?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm not surprised no Spanish Royals are attending--his comments at this time of the Olympic presentations were clearly politically motivated and really really pissed off the spanish--and justifiably too. As for the other royals--well, not exactly the pick of the liter, as they say. I find it interesting.
i don't think they don't go because of the olympics problem. that would be childish...
albert just mentioned some drawbacks madrid had to be the next olympic city, because that's his job being part of the international olympic comitee and because he is interested in the games being safe and secure, among others. i'm sure that if the spanish royals don't go it's because of other engagements.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Serene Highness

Hello special on Albert and the Enthronmenthttp://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/specials/princealbert/pagina_1_1.htmlWhy can't I get my hyperlink button to work? Does anyone else have this porblem?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I had the chance of watching just few pictures of the ceremonies on the TV news, regarding Albert's enthronement today. Did any of you notice that while Caroline made him a courtsey, Stephanie didn't?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Heads of State will also be few and far between. I read that only the President of Iceland and the Capitan regegents on San Marino will be in attendance. Is that accurate?
Yes that is correct, according to announcements in Monaco Matin.

Quote:
Is he really going to a soccer game the night of his enthronement? Certainly an intersting choice.
The soccer game is in the afternoon ( and btw part of the French national competion, thus bound on their calendar not on the prince's. A mere coincidence that got worked into the schedule. If he is in town he always attends the home game, even if he has other things in advance. I remember that once he had to attend a concert in the cathedral which finished as the game was supposed to start, he took his propper time to bid his farewells to everyone and then attended the game which was a little delayed. So this is not unusual for him and people in MOnaco do understand as they are great supporters of their club)

In the evening he will attend, as it is custom for the National Holiday, the opera which coincides with the reopening of the renovated building ( the official look has already taken place).
Old 11-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_rain3075
I think you got that wrong! The enthronement is a national "affair" and the other stuff a few months back were a international "affair." Right?
No. The Avenment was kept national and reserved for certain events only for Monegasques and a few for residents.

Saturday the palace place will be open only for Monegasques and residents (as opposed to "normal years where every one can watch the ceremonies). others are only admitted with special passes handed out by the surete. This is the official coronation with international guests. There were no international guests in July. it was a "fete en famille" with nice food and the princes special cuvee of lanson champagne. ( a lot of the empty bottles were btw "recycled" as souvenirs by the Monegasques:) )