The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 11-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Paca, what was Andrea's speech about? Did he read one of the passages from the bible?
If you use the link that sebastian posted, you can find in the first bit the program of the service. He only read a short passage, but he was the last one to read from his group. I think he might have read from Lucas the last bit. I didn't really pay that much attention to what was said, since I had the program so knew I could read it on the way home (and to be honest the bishop always puts me to sleep after 5 minutes, so nowadays I don't even bother listening anymore-the most important parts of his homilie are usually published so I never feel like missing anything ). Behind the scenes there are usually other things important, like when is your next part. Getting yourself ready and getting used to and out of the way off that terrible moving camera that almost knocked out the conductor during rehearsal.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 PM
mw7060a's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
...Behind the scenes there are usually other things important, like when is your next part. Getting yourself ready and getting used to and out of the way of that terrible moving camera that almost knocked out the conductor during rehearsal.
You see, it's these little tidbits of insider info that makes it all so interesting.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 11-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northport, United States
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I think he might have read from Lucas the last bit.
Generally a lay person would not do the Gospel reading, so Andrea probably did the reading from Kings, unless the customs of the church there are different.

By the way, I listened to some of the music from the service, and it was absolutely breath-taking. You did a great job putting that together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 11-23-2005, 01:09 AM
RADKER18's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Over a Rainbow, United States
Posts: 1,432
Caroline first just taped her arm and then caroline just pulls stephanies arm because she didnt respond to the first tap .I thought it was funny and sweet to see that they were also talking and touching when they were on the balcony.:)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 11-23-2005, 02:51 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess108105
It was 1 Kings and it was read in French. Translation in the program in English starts with: So God said to Salomon:" Because you have aked for this - not for a long life for your self, nor for rices, nor for te life of your enemies, but for understanding so that you may know what is right - I do as you requested.....<<that's what she posted in the thread.
Yes, I looked up both of the readings in the bible. The Kings reading was a good choice, very appropos for Albert's new role.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 11-23-2005, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 123
For me it looked kinda agressive when Caroline pulled Stephanies arm and Stephanie looked annoyed. Of course I have no insider information but for me it doesn`t look like they like and respect each other very much. I have been watching them in this forum for 2 years now and during this time I never heard a story or saw a pic where they really got on well, so i believe the rumours that they aren`t very warm towards each other.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 11-23-2005, 07:03 AM
assia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Goussainville, France
Posts: 327
I don't agree with you. They looked very warm to each other in the cathedral and also they seem to have smoothed their relationship these days !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 11-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassi
For me it looked kinda agressive when Caroline pulled Stephanies arm and Stephanie looked annoyed. Of course I have no insider information but for me it doesn`t look like they like and respect each other very much. I have been watching them in this forum for 2 years now and during this time I never heard a story or saw a pic where they really got on well, so i believe the rumours that they aren`t very warm towards each other.
I can assure you it was not in the least agressive. Actually I found it rather funny, because Stephanie was still busy with her aunt and the priests as her sister turned towards her, first gave her a small sign and calling out to her ad when she was still not turning sh finally tugged her sleeve with a big grin and said sth funny, because I could see both of them smile. There was no agression or hostility around. They were giving each other the sign of peace. And if you look at Caroline starting to crie at first Stephanie just looked worried towards her then she started too. But she caught herself sooner and she was often glimpsing over Throughout the remainder of the service to see whether her sister was ok. If they had differences before, they were surely put aside. I truly think that the trio has been pulled together by the death of their father rather then going their own ways. And both sisters are there to support their brother.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 11-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Ariel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 555
Paca, those are really very good news to listen! I think the family that grows united, remained united and becomes stronger and more supportive to each member, which is what everyone needs nowadays.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 11-23-2005, 09:48 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,181
Pictures and reality

Hello
Since you were there tell us something very important. Hoa do they look like in real??? I mean are Charlotte, Caro etc, as pretty as they look in the camera? Would one meeting them walking in the street admire them and find them so beautiful as they appear in the pics???

Thanks

PS : Sorry I forgot, question was for PACA
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Andrea read a short prayer for the Sovereign, praying God to give him strengh to guide and support his people...

Kisses
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 PM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Here is a nice pic of Caro and Steph talking and having fun.

Cover



__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 11-23-2005, 02:19 PM
sebastian's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ---, Germany
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I can assure you it was not in the least agressive. Actually I found it rather funny, because Stephanie was still busy with her aunt and the priests as her sister turned towards her, first gave her a small sign and calling out to her ad when she was still not turning sh finally tugged her sleeve with a big grin and said sth funny, because I could see both of them smile. There was no agression or hostility around. They were giving each other the sign of peace. And if you look at Caroline starting to crie at first Stephanie just looked worried towards her then she started too. But she caught herself sooner and she was often glimpsing over Throughout the remainder of the service to see whether her sister was ok. If they had differences before, they were surely put aside. I truly think that the trio has been pulled together by the death of their father rather then going their own ways. And both sisters are there to support their brother.
Thank you very much paca for saying that and clearing it up finally - because it seems like whenever my sister or myself tried to get the same thing across it wasn't very much believed.
You're absolutely right and everything you say - and ilusstrated it very good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 11-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Hello
Since you were there tell us something very important. Hoa do they look like in real??? I mean are Charlotte, Caro etc, as pretty as they look in the camera? Would one meeting them walking in the street admire them and find them so beautiful as they appear in the pics???

Thanks

PS : Sorry I forgot, question was for PACA
Charlotte is most certainly a very good looking young woman who would turn heads (though I believe she and her mum had a bad hair day that day, especially Caro's looked very daggy in church, how it got to look that shiny outside, beats me. Maybe just bad light, but she looked a bit worn..IMO, probaly just too many ciggies and too little sleep the night before) All three of them would btw. Caros skin looks like typical smookers skin of an over forty woman and Steph's skin looks like most skins that have been exposed to far too much light with the wrong sunscreen. I think that Steph looks far more fragile and skinny than she seems on the pics.

If you have seen so called supermodels like Nadja Auermann or Tasha Vasconcelos without or little makeup on a Saturday morning going shopping, you would not understand what the fuss was about. THEY rather look like having escaped from Monster inc. You have to look hard to find the glamourous creatures they pretend to be after day long sessions at hairdressers, stylists and what ever else they need to look good (and I can assure you do they do need a lot of people to make them resemble what you see in a magazine), unless whenever I see them they just happen to have a bad day. They are tall and too skinny. Apart from that most women I see on the street everyday are more beautyful than those ( did I mention that MC is the best place to cure you from any insecurities you might have about your looks?)

So in comparison with women who are also considered beautiful and glamourous the Grimaldis are breathtaking because they look natural and naturally the way they do. And I doubt that their men will jump frightened out of bed when they wake up next to them in the morning because they don't recognize the person next to them. They have natural faces untouched by plastic surgeons but touched by life and I think that is were their real beauty comes from. They live and they accept that life leaves traces on your face and that by the time they have reached a certain age they will be comfortable with the fact that people can read the story of their lives in their faces. Unfortunately not a lot of women have that courage anymore.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 11-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, United States
Posts: 499
Paca, your words are refreshng & beautifully put. :)

[Quote]So in comparison with women who are also considered beautiful and glamourous the Grimaldis are breathtaking because they look natural and naturally the way they do... They have natural faces...touched by life and I think that is were their real beauty comes from. They live and they accept that life leaves traces on your face and that by the time they have reached a certain age they will be comfortable with the fact that people can read the story of their lives in their faces. [Quote]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 11-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Thank you very much paca for saying that and clearing it up finally - because it seems like whenever my sister or myself tried to get the same thing across it wasn't very much believed.
You're absolutely right and everything you say - and ilusstrated it very good.
oh, I was just telling and describing what I saw. When you see things within context, you often see things differently then when you see the pics or the video. I saw part of the TMC transmission in the rerun in the evening and the atmosphere within the church was not at all captured. Of course having participated at numerous "grands services" I had a certain experience, certain anticipations and of course actively participating changes your perception of things.

I often hear one or the other of the sister bad mouthed. Caroline being described as being not a very nice person who thinks highly of herself, Stephanie as a maneating irresponsible woman. I don't know either of them on a personal basis in order to judge the varacity of these statements. I only watch and perceive. And what I see is three people (I include PA in this because I believe this is true for him too) that have been thrown into the public light without ever asking for it. Unfortunately this fate hit 3 people who are naturally quite shy. They have all of them found their way of compensating and dealing with it with different results. Caroline has become very camera conscious. She knows exactly where the fotographers are and which side to show to give the best picture. You will hardly ever see pictures of her (at least not on official occasions) where she doesn't try to sell you a certain image of her. The image that she thinks that people want to have of her. Stephanie simply endures the spotlight on official occasions. She is there out of duty and because it is important to other people but herself , not for pleasure. thus she often appears absent or bored. But she is there inspite of her own personal wishes. PA is a bit similar to Steph. He often seems to want to be somewhere else. a lot of times when we have to stand under the palace window after a procession and he comes out to te window, we felt sorry for him, because on those occasions he was standing there all by himself facing a bunch of people he didn't know, staring up to him, expecting him to smile and wave. Not because he wanted to be there, but it is the custom. Sometimes he gave a wink of an eye and you could hear old ladies standing next to you say: did you see that? he was winking to us. Whereas he probaly just had the sunlight hit his eye:) What I sometimes notice is that he blinks his eyes a lot and moves his facial muscels too often, which is rather unfortunate. I can hardly watch when he does that in interviews. I hope he will get himself someone to work on this problem in interview, because when he gives other speeches he is completely different.

I caught personally a teany tiny glimpse of what it means to have strangers stop you on the road, interfering in your life, knowing things about you that you never told them. Admittedly very tiny and for no interesting reason (to others but myself) whatsoever, but it made me think of how much tougher it must be for them to have strangers constantly observing them. I don't know what it does to them, but it would make me fairly paranoid and probably lonely.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 11-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
Paca, your words are refreshng & beautifully put. :)

Quote:
So in comparison with women who are also considered beautiful and glamourous the Grimaldis are breathtaking because they look natural and naturally the way they do... They have natural faces...touched by life and I think that is were their real beauty comes from. They live and they accept that life leaves traces on your face and that by the time they have reached a certain age they will be comfortable with the fact that people can read the story of their lives in their faces.
Thank you :o
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 11-23-2005, 07:37 PM
dreed777's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South, United States
Posts: 177
Paca, thanks so much for giving your insights and opinions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Beate's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Albert, Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Thank you :o
I'd have to agree with that.. great post!
I also have much more respect for women like Caro and Steph for not hiding those lines and not running to get their next Botox injections, tummy tucks etc..They seem so much more real to me..I hope they will stay that way!!
__________________
Carpe Diem!
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 11-24-2005, 04:39 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,181
PACA Thanks a lot, you said very nice thinks.

This kind of opinion should be read by people like Stephanie, Caro & the other women, who are strong and courageous enough to affront time passing without becoming a monster full of Botox.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Norway's National Day, MAY 17 - through the years Mandy Royal House of Norway 56 05-18-2013 02:25 AM
September 2005 Newsletter: Featuring Princess Lilian of Sweden GrandDuchess Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles 16 08-30-2005 11:42 AM
Luxembourg's National Day; June 23, 2003 Josefine Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 11 06-19-2004 04:18 AM
June 6, 2003 - Sweden's National Day Alexandria Royal House of Sweden 11 09-27-2003 05:53 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]