The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Too much cleavage and too much belly button. Caroline must be a permissive mother regarding her daughter's fashion choices (I wouldn't let my teenaged daughter wear something like that to an important event).
you must mean the dress she wore to Hotel de Paris dinner? I think Caro is very permissive with her kids and always has been. But they don't seem as crazy as other heirs of their generation. I mean, they seem pretty well-behaved, like they keep their noses clean and out of trouble. Andrea might have walked the line a few times, but he hasn't been involved in any drug or sex scandals, and for someone like him, that's an achievement! He could easily be a spoiled jerk, but he seems like a good guy.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Aristocracy

Pierre/Andrea

Has anyone found any pictures of the boys at the dinner before the official enthronment ? Also What about charlotte falling down and pierre laughing ? has a video surfaced of andreas speech or does anyone know what it was about / what he said ?

Thank you so much i hate to be bothersome

Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria_89
has a video surfaced of andreas speech or does anyone know what it was about / what he said ?

Thank you so much i hate to be bothersome
I saw the picture of him behind the lecturn at mass. Is that what you mean? I think he was probably just a lay reader doing the old testament reading or the epistle.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
There was absolutely no representation from the Belgian, Dutch, Spanish, and Norwegian households. Was today's service a slap in the face to Monaco's monarchy? Like when so many royals refused to attend Ranier and Grace's wedding?
Well, it could be this or just bad timing. Some had very good excuses. That being said, I wish there were more heavy representation there. Monaco is seen not on the scale of the other monarchies.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Dennism, your funny.I agree with you completely Victoria was stunning at every event!!!She's like a fine wine, better with age!
Thank you. Yes, like a fine wine indeed. :)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Courtier

HSH the Princess Stephanie seems to have ben rather sombre throughout the celebrations.

I dont really recall (if at all) seeing her smile at all. And I do mean smile, not smirk.

"MII"
Old 11-21-2005, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Albert assumes throne in Monaco
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...55E954,00.html
Old 11-21-2005, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Well, it could be this or just bad timing. Some had very good excuses. That being said, I wish there were more heavy representation there. Monaco is seen not on the scale of the other monarchies.
Strange that Felipe, Prince of Asturias didn't show up, though. He and Albert have always been close friends, haven't they? I mean, I realize Felipe and Letizia just had a baby, but the royal show must go on, and this was pretty important, wasn't it? And Belgium has such a large royal family, I fail to see why one of them couldn't be there for Albert. It would have been nice if Amedeo had made his debut State visit, and been assigned to sit with Charlotte at the dinner at the Hotel de Paris!
Old 11-21-2005, 03:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Strange that Felipe, Prince of Asturias didn't show up, though. He and Albert have always been close friends, haven't they? I mean, I realize Felipe and Letizia just had a baby, but the royal show must go on, and this was pretty important, wasn't it?
No members of the Spanish royal family were present because Prince Albert offended them when he questioned the security of hosting the Olympic Games in Madrid for 2012.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
No members of the Spanish royal family were present because Prince Albert offended them when he questioned the security of hosting the Olympic Games in Madrid for 2012.
I hope that's not the whole story because that's a rather silly thing to hold a serious grudge about! Admittedly, Albert should watch himself and not say those things. But come on, he was just trying to strengthen hope for his own country's Olympic bid. And he may have said it as a joke, who knows.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I hope that's not the whole story because that's a rather silly thing to hold a serious grudge about!
A silly thing, I know, but remember 1981? The Spanish royals did not attend the wedding of Charles and Diana because of Gibraltar.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
HSH the Princess Stephanie seems to have ben rather sombre throughout the celebrations.

I dont really recall (if at all) seeing her smile at all. And I do mean smile, not smirk.

"MII"
She did smile a lot...she even laughed happily during her interview.
I don't know why people think she was sort of absent in her thoughts...all membes of the family got lost in thoughts from time to time....it's what days are like...you know.... you're not constanly smiling over both cheeks neither. During a day you sometimes smile, laugh, talk or you put on a serious look when you think about something...
Stephanie was very very happy that day...and proud...she even shouted that to the world in her interview .... but after all the family has their right to be serious sometimes...it was a very serious event finally.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Courtier

I definitly must have missed those photo's. I shall go back through the thread in search of such pictures.

"MII"
Old 11-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
I definitly must have missed those photo's. I shall go back through the thread in search of such pictures.

"MII"
Here's one from Eastnews..

And from Newscom..

Sharing the laugh..great photos..:)
Old 11-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Courtier

There is an acticle about the Enthronement on Hellomagazine.com
Here's the link: http://hellomagazine.com/royalty/200.../princealbert/

Tears of joy as Albert Enthroned
Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEsquire
I saw the picture of him behind the lecturn at mass. Is that what you mean? I think he was probably just a lay reader doing the old testament reading or the epistle.
that is correct. First lecture was kings 3, 11-14, second lecture was Lucas 12, 35-40.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Strange that Felipe, Prince of Asturias didn't show up, though. He and Albert have always been close friends, haven't they? I mean, I realize Felipe and Letizia just had a baby, but the royal show must go on, and this was pretty important, wasn't it? And Belgium has such a large royal family, I fail to see why one of them couldn't be there for Albert. It would have been nice if Amedeo had made his debut State visit, and been assigned to sit with Charlotte at the dinner at the Hotel de Paris!
The belgiums and the Spanish are related. I think they had problems with his son, although they claim it was due to the olympics. Haakon is a good friend of Felipe and coincidentally he didn't show up either. though considering that albert and paola also have illligitimate children, makes it seem rather hypocritical.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

From what I read Stephanie's Children were their but you never saw them did anyone who was at the National Day/Entronement ceremonies see them at any time ? It would have been nice to see them with their mom.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
The belgiums and the Spanish are related. I think they had problems with his son, although they claim it was due to the olympics. Haakon is a good friend of Felipe and coincidentally he didn't show up either. though considering that albert and paola also have illligitimate children, makes it seem rather hypocritical.
I didn't know Paola had an illegitimate child. Which one? I know King Albert has an illegitimate daughter, instead.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
that is correct. First lecture was kings 3, 11-14, second lecture was Lucas 12, 35-40.
Was it 1 Kings or 2 Kings? Which bible translation were the scriptures read from? :)