The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Charlotte was very poorly dressed today. The outfit at the ceremony during the day made me think of Little Bo Beep, minus the sheep. It was too frilly and matronly for someone as young as Charlotte.

The dress at the gala tonight made her look pregnant. It was too loose and made me think of either a fancy night gown or a muu muu.

On another note, there seemed to be very little representation from other royal households at Albert's enthronement. Sweden's Victoria seemed to be the most prominent representation. Everyone else seemed to be secondary representations.

Since Albert carried the same status as Felipe, Frederik, Willem, Charles, Phillippe, and Haakon how come so few of them were actually in attendance? Willem at least had a legitimate excuse: It was his daughter's baptism. Phillippe also attended the Dutch baptism but Mathilde as Alexia's godmother could've really gone alone. Haakon stayed home because Mette-Marit was so close to delivery but he really could've gone for a few hours, like to the the service in the day and skipped the gala ceremony in the evening. If Mette-Marit went into delivery today, Haakon could've very quickly flown home. The only real peer Albert had was Luxembourg's Guillaume and he's only been a peer for a few years.

Emmanuel and Clotilde are really second rate royals. Louis Bourbon wasn't even there.

There was absolutely no representation from the Belgian, Dutch, Spanish, and Norwegian households. Was today's service a slap in the face to Monaco's monarchy? Like when so many royals refused to attend Ranier and Grace's wedding?

Old 11-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Some screen caps I made of various foreign royals including CP Victoria of Sweden, Prince Feisal of Jordan, Moulay Rashid of Morocco, Prince Joachim of Denmark, the Wessexes etc.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

some more:
Old 11-19-2005, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

and lastly:

Old 11-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you all for the photos.

I must say that I am delightfully surprised at how much "softer" and even a bit feminine and elegant Princess Stephanie looks. She often looks a bit severe and haggard. This was a nice surprise and I hope that she maintains the look, it makes her more endearing in my opinion.

I think the Countess of Wessex looked absolutely stunning in black and white dress, she's finally got it right. Crown Princess Victoria also looked equally as lovely, and I liked seeing her interactions with the Sovereign Prince.

I thought Charlotte's outfit at the dinner lastnight was highly inappropriate for the occasion. I realize that she's young and maybe a bit inexperienced when it comes to fashion and royal protocol, but she clearly needs some guidance in that department.

I too, was disappointed by the lack of royal turnout. It is a shame really...
Old 11-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
some more:
Thank you for the caps of the Crown Princess and of her famous(some might say "infamous" chin. She certainly was a lovely lady in red.

Charlotte looked ok too and it´s too bad that the watermark is in this photo:

http://tinypic.com/fvk5g6.jpg

She looks like a French movie star of the 60s. Not any one in particular. Just a look. Of course, it's Chanel too. Her other outfit was just a little too revealing for the event.

I love this photo:

http://tinypic.com/fvky8y.jpg

And Stephanie also showed a little bit of cleavage for the enthronement. She looked good but still.

http://tinypic.com/fvl3zq.jpg

Ahh, all of that hair and in a ponytail. The beloved ponytail!

Embrace me!

http://tinypic.com/fvl44m.jpg

http://tinypic.com/fvl568.jpg

Ahh, bugger off!

http://tinypic.com/fvl761.jpg

Zut, I forgot my hat.

Great photo here too:

http://tinypic.com/fw0wuv.jpg

Love the photos of those two together.

"Princess Victoria has left me breathless since visiting Monaco. Her beuty has really shined. Her red outfit and that dress last night. She is stunning. She looked really good in the red dress in germany too. She is really beutifull."

Very true. You are right.

Red again. Looking lovely as always:

http://tinypic.com/fw1yj8.jpg

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1132443663

Another great photo and her shadow appears too!

Marvelous photos, everybody. I like that he took time off to attend a soccer match. Good idea.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Royal Highness

How nice to see Clotilde wearing the necklace that is part of the Amethyst Parure of the Savoy jewels...she wore the whole of them on her own wedding including the tiara.

The Duchess of Calabria looked stunning in her black dress and long flowing blond hair.

Stephanie...you can see how the stress of time has taken its place on her hardened face.

Sophie...WOW!!!

Charlotte...interesting choices of Chanel couture...Lagerfeld probably designed them specifically for her.

Caroline...beautiful as always.

Ernst August...the healthiest looking I have ever seen that man..

Pierre...THANK GOD HE FINALLY CUT THAT LONG HAIR OFF!!! :)

Victoria...defines royal effortlessly..
Old 11-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Thank you for the caps of the Crown Princess and of her famous(some might say "infamous" chin. She certainly was a lovely lady in red.
You're welcome.
I was thinking of you when I saw Victoria
Infact you might say it was Victoria's presence which made me want to stay up and make the caps instead of going to bed.:p
She looked very good.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Teary Albert finally takes father's role
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/tea...017029990.html

All eyes on Charlotte - the new princess of grace
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Monaco's Albert ascends to throne
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4451622.stm

Prince is Crowned King
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...465320,00.html
Old 11-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Not meaning to spark rumours - but that gown makes charlotte look kind of pregnant...i'm kind of disappointed her choice of output hasn't been that great...lool
Old 11-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
Not meaning to spark rumours - but that gown makes charlotte look kind of pregnant...i'm kind of disappointed her choice of output hasn't been that great...lool
O, yes. "Not meaning to spark rumours"...O, right. We'll just let that go by. ha ha ha. Now that would be scandalous. Ahh, the Grimaldis.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
You're welcome.
I was thinking of you when I saw Victoria
In fact you might say it was Victoria's presence which made me want to stay up and make the caps instead of going to bed.:p
She looked very good.
Aww, thank you once again. Good to see that she has an effect on others as well. :)
Old 11-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Commoner

I think it's sad that PA son was not at the ceremony, after all it is his child. Does this mean he will never be allowed to be at public events with him?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Serene Highness

Does anyone have a picture or screencap of caroline reaching out to Stephanie in the church?
I read thet stephs Children were at the palace when everybody was their but we never saw them I dont think they went to the game maybe they all just spent the night their.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Administrator

Stephanie and Victoria look AMAZING. What great outfits. What the heck is Charlotte wearing - the suit...if you must wear it...wear a different blouse..and don't do a hat of the same fabric. And the dinner the night before..are we looking at her belly button? How inappropriate if so. I have seen Caroline look better...so I will give her a pass. Its got to be totally consuming to be a fashion icon all the time :)
Old 11-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Administrator

Who is Elizabeth Ann? And maybe I am getting old....but will someone ANYONE please wash Andrea's hair..and cut it? Pierre looks so nice!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:40 AM
Majesty

Good morning everybody. Here are some more pics from Getty:

Old 11-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Majesty

I have a little request. Could someone of you please post the pics from Abaca Press? I have some problems to see those pics. I would love to see their pics esp. of Caroline and Alexandra. Oh, and please post them with Tiny Pic, because I also have problems with ImageShack and so. That would be sooo great. Thanks in advance. Here is the link to Abaca Press:

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/
Old 11-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Serene Highness

Caroline And Stephanie Loving moments
Source:Abaca Press

Old 11-20-2005, 06:07 AM
Aristocracy

I like Charlotte's outfits yesterday. Her daysuit was unique and youngish enough for her, i.e. I didn't find her matronly at all. I loved the fabric and the shirt was absolutely beautiful underneath. The hat of the same material was perfect, made her look like a little angel. Her evening gown at the opera last night was dreamy and different. However if I were the designer I would have skipped the black net undershirt/strapps. The white dress itself was goddesslike and fun. Who says that all evening gowns have to be the same shape as Victoria's or plain Countess of Wessex's gown.

Caroline on the other hand dresses overly classical for my taste. She almost always wear black, which I find a very boring colour and does nothing for people. But she is obviously a very classical person and dresses therefore classical.

Stephanie's suit yesterday was unique and the colours were good on her. It would have been fun to see her with a hat like most of the other ladies.

Monaco needs some colour. Black and white gets very boring after a while.