2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really missed Stephanie today and also her kids..To see all of them together would have made the whole event more complete..Of course that's just my humble opinion..Caro looked great but I wouldh ave loved seeing her with a tiara..Her son Pierre looked great with his haircut..
I also loved the pic of Andrea and Guillaume of Luxembourd together..
Thanks for all the great pics..I can't get enough of them..:)

I forgot to say: Thanks for the pics tbhrc!!!

i LOVE the ones of the soccer match. It was cute Guillaume`s precense next to Andrea :D
BTW the mags will talk about Guillaume/Charlotte:rolleyes: :( (they´ll also say that Andrea has a good relationship with his future "brother in law"LOL:p ) now they´ve met

Are there more video links?
Oh yes, the papers will be full of speculations.. I am sure of that..:)

I thought Albert looked great with Crown Princess Victoria beside him..:):)
She looked lovely in her evening gown as did Sophiem Countess of Wessex..

runaway princess said:
She probably didn't want to go......

She may have not been feeling well.I just watched an interview with her and she seems to have a bad cold.. She just about didn't have a voice left..But I am just guessing..Sure missed her though..She looked fabulous and very regal..There was even some coverage on the Canadian news..

sebastian said:
Three fantstic videos - including Stephanie's interview just a few minutes after the mass.

http://videos.tf1.fr/video/?trk=1&e=32

That video of Stephanie is terrific! I had forgotten how young and fragile her voice sounds! It's always revealing to see these royals "in motion" so to speak. Was also nice to see her smile.

because it occurred to me that during this whole event, everyone seemed so very serious! As if they were carrying the whole world on their shoulders or sth! Surely it must feel that way for Albert, who was the only one of the trio seeming to be relaxed about it!

paca said:
women of their age and lifestyle are usually lifted and botoxed..

I totally agree. It is frankly refreshing (not to mention it shows how down to earth these two sisters actually are!) to see two people who could certainly afford it, NOT go that route, but choose to age naturally. What a relief to see that, in this day and age.

Off topic a bit..I see that Joachim of Denmark arrived alone and so did Victoria, right? And he likes brunettes, right? Wouldn't it be hilarious if these two "took a shine to each other" as they say? OK I'll get off my matchmaking mode right now ;)

How old is Victoria. I think Joachim and Victoria are less than ten years apart. The divorce wouldnt be a problem cause of the different protestent religons. But I think they might be closely related. If not, that would be one hell of a wedding. Sadly, I dont think party boy Joachim could handle being Prince Consort or hit it off with Victoria.

Charlotte was very poorly dressed today. The outfit at the ceremony during the day made me think of Little Bo Beep, minus the sheep. It was too frilly and matronly for someone as young as Charlotte.

The dress at the gala tonight made her look pregnant. It was too loose and made me think of either a fancy night gown or a muu muu.

On another note, there seemed to be very little representation from other royal households at Albert's enthronement. Sweden's Victoria seemed to be the most prominent representation. Everyone else seemed to be secondary representations.

Since Albert carried the same status as Felipe, Frederik, Willem, Charles, Phillippe, and Haakon how come so few of them were actually in attendance? Willem at least had a legitimate excuse: It was his daughter's baptism. Phillippe also attended the Dutch baptism but Mathilde as Alexia's godmother could've really gone alone. Haakon stayed home because Mette-Marit was so close to delivery but he really could've gone for a few hours, like to the the service in the day and skipped the gala ceremony in the evening. If Mette-Marit went into delivery today, Haakon could've very quickly flown home. The only real peer Albert had was Luxembourg's Guillaume and he's only been a peer for a few years.

Emmanuel and Clotilde are really second rate royals. Louis Bourbon wasn't even there.

There was absolutely no representation from the Belgian, Dutch, Spanish, and Norwegian households. Was today's service a slap in the face to Monaco's monarchy? Like when so many royals refused to attend Ranier and Grace's wedding?

Some screen caps I made of various foreign royals including CP Victoria of Sweden, Prince Feisal of Jordan, Moulay Rashid of Morocco, Prince Joachim of Denmark, the Wessexes etc.

Thank you all for the photos.

I must say that I am delightfully surprised at how much "softer" and even a bit feminine and elegant Princess Stephanie looks. She often looks a bit severe and haggard. This was a nice surprise and I hope that she maintains the look, it makes her more endearing in my opinion.

I think the Countess of Wessex looked absolutely stunning in black and white dress, she's finally got it right.;) Crown Princess Victoria also looked equally as lovely, and I liked seeing her interactions with the Sovereign Prince.

I thought Charlotte's outfit at the dinner lastnight was highly inappropriate for the occasion. I realize that she's young and maybe a bit inexperienced when it comes to fashion and royal protocol, but she clearly needs some guidance in that department.

I too, was disappointed by the lack of royal turnout. It is a shame really...

~*~Humera~*~ said:
some more:
Thank you for the caps of the Crown Princess and of her famous(some might say "infamous" chin. She certainly was a lovely lady in red.

Charlotte looked ok too and it´s too bad that the watermark is in this photo:

http://tinypic.com/fvk5g6.jpg

She looks like a French movie star of the 60s. Not any one in particular. Just a look. Of course, it's Chanel too. Her other outfit was just a little too revealing for the event.

I love this photo:

http://tinypic.com/fvky8y.jpg

And Stephanie also showed a little bit of cleavage for the enthronement. She looked good but still.

http://tinypic.com/fvl3zq.jpg

Ahh, all of that hair and in a ponytail. The beloved ponytail!

Embrace me!

http://tinypic.com/fvl44m.jpg

http://tinypic.com/fvl568.jpg

Ahh, bugger off!

http://tinypic.com/fvl761.jpg

Zut, I forgot my hat.

Great photo here too:

http://tinypic.com/fw0wuv.jpg

Love the photos of those two together.

"Princess Victoria has left me breathless since visiting Monaco. Her beuty has really shined. Her red outfit and that dress last night. She is stunning. She looked really good in the red dress in germany too. She is really beutifull."

Very true. You are right.

Red again. Looking lovely as always:

http://tinypic.com/fw1yj8.jpg

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=215376&d=1132443663

Another great photo and her shadow appears too!

Marvelous photos, everybody. I like that he took time off to attend a soccer match. Good idea. :D

How nice to see Clotilde wearing the necklace that is part of the Amethyst Parure of the Savoy jewels...she wore the whole of them on her own wedding including the tiara.

The Duchess of Calabria looked stunning in her black dress and long flowing blond hair.

Stephanie...you can see how the stress of time has taken its place on her hardened face.

Sophie...WOW!!!

Charlotte...interesting choices of Chanel couture...Lagerfeld probably designed them specifically for her.

Caroline...beautiful as always.

Ernst August...the healthiest looking I have ever seen that man..

Pierre...THANK GOD HE FINALLY CUT THAT LONG HAIR OFF!!! :)

Victoria...defines royal effortlessly..

Dennism said:
Thank you for the caps of the Crown Princess and of her famous(some might say "infamous" chin. She certainly was a lovely lady in red.

You're welcome.
I was thinking of you when I saw Victoria:D
Infact you might say it was Victoria's presence which made me want to stay up and make the caps instead of going to bed.:p
She looked very good.

Not meaning to spark rumours - but that gown makes charlotte look kind of pregnant...i'm kind of disappointed her choice of output hasn't been that great...lool

hillary_nugent said:
Not meaning to spark rumours - but that gown makes charlotte look kind of pregnant...i'm kind of disappointed her choice of output hasn't been that great...lool

O, yes. "Not meaning to spark rumours"...O, right. We'll just let that go by. ha ha ha. Now that would be scandalous. Ahh, the Grimaldis. :D

~*~Humera~*~ said:
You're welcome.
I was thinking of you when I saw Victoria:D
In fact you might say it was Victoria's presence which made me want to stay up and make the caps instead of going to bed.:p
She looked very good.

Aww, thank you once again. Good to see that she has an effect on others as well. :)

I think it's sad that PA son was not at the ceremony, after all it is his child. Does this mean he will never be allowed to be at public events with him?

Does anyone have a picture or screencap of caroline reaching out to Stephanie in the church?
I read thet stephs Children were at the palace when everybody was their but we never saw them I dont think they went to the game maybe they all just spent the night their.

Stephanie and Victoria look AMAZING. What great outfits. What the heck is Charlotte wearing - the suit...if you must wear it...wear a different blouse..and don't do a hat of the same fabric. And the dinner the night before..are we looking at her belly button? How inappropriate if so. I have seen Caroline look better...so I will give her a pass. Its got to be totally consuming to be a fashion icon all the time :)

Who is Elizabeth Ann? And maybe I am getting old....but will someone ANYONE please wash Andrea's hair..and cut it? Pierre looks so nice!

Good morning everybody. Here are some more pics from Getty:

fwm9et.jpg

fwm9ft.jpg

fwm9gk.jpg

fwm9hf.jpg

fwm9hz.jpg

fwm9ld.jpg

I have a little request. Could someone of you please post the pics from Abaca Press? I have some problems to see those pics. I would love to see their pics esp. of Caroline and Alexandra. Oh, and please post them with Tiny Pic, because I also have problems with ImageShack and so. That would be sooo great. Thanks in advance. Here is the link to Abaca Press:

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/

Caroline And Stephanie Loving moments
Source:Abaca Press
fwn77c.jpg
fwn7rb.jpg

fwn82g.jpg

I like Charlotte's outfits yesterday. Her daysuit was unique and youngish enough for her, i.e. I didn't find her matronly at all. I loved the fabric and the shirt was absolutely beautiful underneath. The hat of the same material was perfect, made her look like a little angel. Her evening gown at the opera last night was dreamy and different. However if I were the designer I would have skipped the black net undershirt/strapps. The white dress itself was goddesslike and fun. Who says that all evening gowns have to be the same shape as Victoria's or plain Countess of Wessex's gown.

Caroline on the other hand dresses overly classical for my taste. She almost always wear black, which I find a very boring colour and does nothing for people. But she is obviously a very classical person and dresses therefore classical.

Stephanie's suit yesterday was unique and the colours were good on her. It would have been fun to see her with a hat like most of the other ladies.

Monaco needs some colour. Black and white gets very boring after a while.

Back
Top Bottom