12th Games of the Small States of Europe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the crown princess. I think the reason why there aren't pics or not many in this case is, that the accredited photographers where from the participating countries and usually covering mainly local events and most possibly mainly sports. The occasional celebrity shot meant extra money for them but first you would need to recognize them. They were mainly younger people, so they'd recognize Brad Pitt, but not many of them (since the were mostly male) would know the royals. The caption of the country club eating pics said PA, CW and friends, when indeed it was Elizabeth Anne and Melanie (both apparently on a bad hairday). If you look at Liechtenstein reports you might find some pics of her visit though. Check the olympic comittee site and if you know local press, you might find sth there.

I still haven't quite recovered, but once I have some leisure time, I'll post a resume of the games and also what people thought about PA parading Charlene around. At present I am simply too tired ( on sunday I worked till the small hours of the morning) to sort my thoughts into readable sentences.

paca said:
I still haven't quite recovered, but once I have some leisure time, I'll post a resume of the games and also what people thought about PA parading Charlene around. At present I am simply too tired ( on sunday I worked till the small hours of the morning) to sort my thoughts into readable sentences.
they thought: :bang: :bang: (with a low voice... and sometimes with a loud voice...) but i was not here during all events... there were also some gestures... I'm waiting for your post paca:flowers:

lol that was very funny- im sorry its taken so long for me to post but i thought the happy face story was funny

paca said:
Yes, the crown princess. I think the reason why there aren't pics or not many in this case is, that the accredited photographers where from the participating countries and usually covering mainly local events and most possibly mainly sports. The occasional celebrity shot meant extra money for them but first you would need to recognize them. They were mainly younger people, so they'd recognize Brad Pitt, but not many of them (since the were mostly male) would know the royals. The caption of the country club eating pics said PA, CW and friends, when indeed it was Elizabeth Anne and Melanie (both apparently on a bad hairday). If you look at Liechtenstein reports you might find some pics of her visit though. Check the olympic comittee site and if you know local press, you might find sth there.

me, which I find inadmissible, they is that the games of the small States were there to honour the athletes, I read an article on Nice-Matin Monaco, the journalist puts several questions to Albert :
in here one...

Which is for you the principal attraction of these plays?

For me, these plays are before all the gathering of athletes of the small States d' Europe which, every two years since 1985, are found and are confronted with equal weapons. Hitherto in the great sporting events, it was difficult for them to exist among the sportsmen of the great nations. They wanted another competition, sanctioned by the CIO, in which they can be found, to exchange, to be on an equal footing. It is also an occasion of contacts on several levels. These plays contribute to the development of the sport in all these small states and also make it possible to carry to highest the values of the Olympic ideal: solidarity, fair play, dignity, mutual comprehension, peace.

in one second part of the article, Albert answers :

"Moreover, this event did not have yet the notoriety of today and a certain repercussion had to be ensured to him. Fortunately, the public had answered present and environment was very convivial and cordial. "

what we saw these plays, of these athletes... nothing, the journalists, the accredited photographers showed us Charlene Wittstock, still and always Charlene Wittstock... and the other athletes were forgotten... they were not the plays of the small states but it was the praise of CW and Pa.

one can say whereas they was "the small CW plays"

the principle even, the goal, the creation of this plays were forgotten, the people who were to be honoured were not it : miss respect for their work, their drives, their countries, their Heads of State... and those which would not have a being honoured it were : whereas one knows (CW) who showed her lack of drive, her lack of will, her lack... far too many lacks, and which one dares say : "athlete" :yuk: ; to name: "Olympic champion" :sick: , to claim: "future princess" :bang:

lckc571

Last edited:
Resume part 1

Well, it is a week ago that the athletes of the little states games have left town and life is practically back into its normal flow (after 1 one week of the worst food ever, my digestion and my health are also slowly re-establishing themselves).

Time for my long promised resume.

First of all I have to say that the organization of the games was way below what I would have expected of Monaco and considering that they had 2 years and plenty of experience in big events, one would have to say that did an incredibly poor job. (Not to mention the available manpower for the organizing. My parents used to organize events like this between the 2 of them at our dinner table in less time and with less help whilst also managing to continue the usual life and stressful jobs plus children) Volunteers did not get the correct information, visiting officials were badly and incorrectly informed (due to miscommunication in organizing team), heads of states had to wait for long periods for transportation etc etc. The problem though was not that there wasn’t enough manpower, enough cars etc. there was simply no one who really was responsible and assumed responsibilities among the officials. You were always directed to someone else and often enough redirected to the initial person, that finally you gave up asking any official and made up your own sub organization to suit those whom you were responsible for. And often enough you could lend a helping hand elsewhere when the trial busses broke down just as athletes had to leave for their competition etc.etc.

Resume part 3

Jacques Rogge mentioned in his speech that these were supposed to be the green games, which was Albert’s declared intention and the opening ceremony was only in that spirit (apparently there was no other message with regards to sport or Monaco necessary, which is a pity really considering the doping publicity certain sports have received and the role of women in sports etc etc not to mention that the host usually presents his country, but apparently there was nothing to be said – too bad), though it’s finish with paper blown into the air and still flying about 2 days later, was quite symptomatic for the greenness of the games and Monaco not getting it’s own message. Ultimately the only green thing that was detected was the 3 separate bins.

Resume part 2

It worked fine for me once I ignored the usual ....heads who were mostly interested in getting their picture taken with VIPs. There was one person though who was probably the most respected official by those locally, but also the visiting teams and that was the director of the athletics association who was one of the major organizers. At least he was reliable with his info, always friendly (though at the end looking extremely tired), hard working and trying his best to make things work for everyone. Just a pity that there weren’t more of his kind around. The others seemed to be too busy to look important or to suck up to those who were. In any case, if they wouldn’t have had so many volunteers, who were willing to give of their time, always be friendly and doing the best under the circumstances, it would have been a disaster. The organization though did not seem to respect them as I find it highly disrespectful to give information at the last minute. People were volunteering, they did not consent to be slaves.

Resume part 4

Things that were not green in these games:

The ship that was housing the athletes was old and running 24h per day to maintain lights and air conditioning etc. The pier was not equipped to actually provide the ship with the necessary energy. I told my father, who spend most of his life on ships and in harbours, about this and I could hear him laugh at such idiocy from Germany to here even without the phone. In Monaco matin they claim that there aren’t many harbours which are equipped for this (the veracity of this I doubt), but our harbour at home which has been built about 30 years ago has such equipment (the new part and even the older piers that shipped most immigrants from Europe to the states has been later equipped with the necessary facilities). The Monaco pier is just a few years old (but I talked to people who were actually involved in some of the works and they were mainly shaking their heads saying that they never so such unprofessional work and that it was a shame that a modern pier was delivered in such a backward state)…

Resume part 5

Anyways they claim that the CO2 pollution was 500tons for the week. My dad says that it was probably much more if it was an older ship, which is also what I had heard on the pier. Rumour has it that that was the number per day, others say that the number needs to be tripled. In any case it did cost at least 25 000 Euros per day to charter the ship. Not to mention that the pier couldn’t be used for other ships at the time so Monaco lost money by not being able to use the pier and for being polluted 24h per day.

The cars that were used by the different delegations and VIPs were regular Renault. Why didn’t they try to get electric cars and use a different sponsor? The cars were not allowed to leave the principality anyways, so electric would have been just fine. And for the trips with the VIPs to the airport they could have used regular cars. Albert was driving at least his hybrid, so since he is practically advertising Toyota, why not ask them to sponsor the event?

There were 5 experimental buses. Unfortunately the pumps to put the fuel into the buses were not adapted so I was told by some chauffeurs that they ended up hand pumping them, which of course led to delays in athlete transportation, which led to athletes having to use several minibuses to get to their sporting venues in time.

Resume part 6

There was only one major canteen for the volunteers to eat, which was located in Fontvielle. So unless you were volunteering in the country club with tennis, you imperatively had to travel all over town to have lunch. Especially idiotic for all events that took place in St Charles, the College technique and the beach. It would have been easily possible to make a lunch brake for those at the beach to get them by bus to the country club and the others could have used the canteens in the respective schools. The food was from the same caterer (if I dare abuse the name for the kind of food that was provided) anyways and thus instead of using one way dishes and wooden cutlery (which actually was rather dangerous if you wanted to cut meat, because it had a tendency of breaking, leaving you with splinters in your mouth) they could have used the regular canteen dishes. It wasn’t such a large number of people that it would have made a significant difference to those working the canteen. Also in the college technique there is the hotel school restaurant right next door. That could have easily been turned into a volunteers dining with the students actually preparing the food. Not all of them will be ending up working in high class restaurants, so it might have been good preparation for them. And there would have been less useless travelling around. They could have used their volunteers more effectively too because they wouldn’t have had to disappear for 2 hours for lunch

Resume part 7

Well the canteen food itself was of extremely low quality and I personally do not remember when I have last eaten that bad, apart maybe from my never to repeat again zenzen experience. I consider Mc Donald’s health food in comparison. Not to mention that the food was not prepared in Monaco but actually travelled every day per truck from a location between Nice and Antibes. So not very green either. The one way dishes though were supposed to be recyclable and the cutlery was wooden. How it can be better to chop down wood in order to avoid plastic I fail to see, especially when you needed 2 to 3 lots in order to eat one meal. Instead normal washable cutlery would have probably been a better choice. Also using normal dishes would have been preferable over throwaway, but of course that would have involved some extra human labour and money. I guess moral and money still don’t go together in the general train of thought in Monaco, in spite of all Albert’s proclamations of trying to change this.

Why they needed to fly in some Russian gymnasts for the closing ceremony totally escapes me. They might have performed well, but I am sure that there would have been good performers in Monaco and surroundings as well. I just don’t get what they had to do with Monaco and the little games, apart from the fact that gymnastics was one of the sports performed.

Resume part 8

As to Monaco’s sportive achievement, well if you consider that the majority of athletes was French and non Monaco residents (actually only ten percent were Monegasques), then Monaco didn’t look too good. I know that other countries have their athletes train as well in the US or other major countries, but at least most of them are actually of the countries nationality or residents. Monaco has obtained an extra rule claiming that the surrounding communities need to be included. Funny though that those athletes that Monaco uses to shine in those games are not even allowed to go to school in Monaco as a sort of compensation. Also they do not procure proof that the athlete is indeed a resident of that area. Basically anyone who does not get into any other national team seems to be able to join as long as that means that Albert can jump out of his chair when the athlete wearing red and white wins a medal. Doesn’t matter if he can’t sing the anthem, because no one ever seems to sing it anyways apart from Caroline.

Resume part 9

Now to the more interesting part for some about the media and our love birds:

The media was solely accredited journalists from the participating countries. This means that the journalists were mostly sports journalists and the same goes for the photographers. As they are from small countries especially the latter have different resorts to cover. But due to the fact that they are not mere tabloid photographers, they did not recognize most people present that would actually have some value for agencies. Most pics were destinated to appear in the local media and that is where most pics were taken. Obviously you wouldn’t see them posted in those international photo agencies. Those that were seen were considered a little extra money on the side. The closing ceremony was practically solely attended by the photographers, because as everyone was parting during the night or in the early morning hours (the ship was vacated at 10.00h), the journalists were working till late in the evening in the media centre to get their latest articles in about the last day. So whatever was reported was mostly hearsay from what the photographers remembered.

Interesting bit about how Albert wraps the media. One of the Maltese journalists was all wrapped, because he thought that Albert remembered him. He actually wrote an article about this encounter. Apparently Albert said sth along the lines that he remembered his face. Smart thing to say when you are dealing with a short man in his 60s who is from one of the participating states. Seeing that they only have a limited number of journalists, seeing someone that age, suggests to anyone with some brain that it is most likely not the first time the met. According to his article he then prompted the where and when. Funny thing though, when he told me the story and I asked did Albert give date and place or did you, the story came quite differently and it was Albert who reminded him of the occasion. Obviously my question made him aware of how Albert had manipulated his vanity. Always remember that journalists are only human and they have the same traits as most of us although I should think that they are more likely to be vain and the type of comment Albert made seemed flattering to the man. Someone with less vanity might have responded quite differently to the words, not a new face (especially when you are in your sixties).

Resume part 10

As to our lovebirds, well they didn’t appear too lovey-dovey whenever I saw them. Charlene in person is very unremarkable in person. She is tall and slim but doesn’t seem to be the brightest (not that was anything new). I wouldn’t call her pretty and her hair is pretty badly dyed. On the pics it looks blond, but when I saw her in the canteen it looked sort of orangey. In any case quite unnatural and the black top she wore must be her favourite as I have seen it on pics on previous days pics. Or maybe she bought them in a dozen since we all know it is cheaper in a dozen. From my point of view it looked rather cheap. I don’t think that she is it from their behaviour with each other. In the canteen, she was a little behind me in line still choosing her lunch (I wouldn’t have noticed if there wouldn’t have been one of the bodyguards standing near and one of Albert’s helpers coming to the rescue – se didn’t know enough French and pointing with the finger at the food she wanted is probably not her thing. O r maybe she is simply not used to eating in simple venues like that), while Albert was already seated and eating. Not quite the gentleman in love in my book. But then as I observed like the other 50+ people present, manners where not quite at home at that table: both of them held their forks in their right hand, elbows supported by the table and forming a large triangle. Not the way mother taught us and considering how praised Graces table manners were (artichoke anecdote), I should think that by the time she died she had managed to teach him at least basic table manners. Although she obviously did not succeed in teaching him not to chew gum open mouthed in public.

Resume part 11

Anyways to make matters worse, they did chat apparently quite animated with their mouths full, to the point even that Charlene barely managed to keep the food inside. I do agree with those who think that one shouldn’t expect too high standards of the next princess of Monaco, but I think the least people can ask for is that she manages to down her food accident free. It was really not a pretty sight and many were quite happy that they would never have to share a table with this couple.

I have pondered the question, why Albert was parading around with her and why his sisters were so clearly absent during the games, which they had last 20 years ago, so not sth that they are likely to see repeated during their lifetime.

My explanation to the latter is that after the formula 1 he had a slight disagreement with Caro for avoiding Charlene quite openly, which resulted in her staying away from the TV show which she was clearly scheduled for. Steph probably stayed away because she either didn’t feel like it, or she simply was asked to leave the whole to Charlene as it was clear in advance that Caro would not participate. Since Caro has attended since the GP events in Monaco, I assume that Albert said that he was going to bring Charlene to the games and that Caro said that she would not assist an official event with Charlene. I suppose that he decided to take Charlene, maybe as to make up for her previous humiliation. Ad of course he has to keep her happy, especially now that it has been obvious to all that she is not training for the Olympics.

But why continue to shove her in people’s faces and make them see her up close?

Resume part 12

My guess is that someone has advised him, to make people get to now her ad see her and they’d just get used to her. Question is: did that person actually know what a bad advice this was? People had a lot of time on their hands, waiting, watching and – Monaco’s favourite pastime – gossiping. You do not put anyone out there for people to get to know them or like them and to such an extense, unless you are more then 100% certain, that what ever people might have thought before, that person will win them over. Everything else is simply public suicide. Unfortunately that is what happened to Charlene. People saw what she was like, they saw her behave, they saw her dress, they suffered watching her eat, they saw her getting up and with all the mobility during those few days, the news was spread quickly all over town ad beyond. I think that apart from the former friend of the family who just published an unauthorized book about Monaco, Charlene was the most disliked person that week. She was most certainly the most discussed though. And people have no doubt that Caro and Albert argued. They are not sure about Stephs position towards Charlene, but they are sure that she will not let a woman get between Albert and her. What that ultimately means is a different matter. I guess she is just waiting until this blows over. And I am still confident that it will, sooner or later. I believe that Charlene does not like to be not taken out in public and he takes her out occasionally to keep her happy. We know that he wants everyone around to be in harmony and that he avoids confrontation, so being between his sisters (mostly Caro and her united family front) and keeping them happy ad keeping his mistress happy seems to be a stressful task. On the side he also has his official duties to juggle (if he really is involved) and keeping Monegasques loyal to him. I think if he continues a little while longer this will be too high a price to pay and he will have to make a decision in one way or the other. And his people ad his sisters with their families on the one side and Charlene on the other side, I think it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out what his decision ultimately might be.

Great apologies to the moderators, but unfortunately I only managed to post this in little bits. If anyone would like to pose questions please just mention the part and don't requote to not upset the server too much. These are my impressions of the games and what happened.

great great posts Paca... I second about sisters... monegasque...

Paca, wow, you just blew me away. Thank you so much for your first hand account of the events during the week of the Games.

Also, thank you for being so honest about how the people of Monaco really feel about Charlene. I am so sick of these false accounts by the razzis who are trying to sell their magazines by falsely claiming that the people of Monaco love and approve of Charlene. What a joke they are now.

Paca, thanks for your interesting report from behind the scenes from the small states games.:flowers: Just one question re. resume 10: what was a body guard doing with Charlene if Albert was sitting at a table eating? I thought they were there to guard Albert, not Charlene, and are not supposed to leave Albert's side? Or is she so hated in Monaco that she needs a body guard? :ermm:

My guess is that someone has advised him, to make people get to now her ad see her and they’d just get used to her. Question is: did that person actually know what a bad advice this was?

People saw what she was like, they saw her behave, they saw her dress, they suffered watching her eat, they saw her getting up and with all the mobility during those few days, the news was spread quickly all over town ad beyond.

I think that apart from the former friend of the family who just published an unauthorized book about Monaco, Charlene was the most disliked person that week.

Paca, do you think that whoever advised him on this Charlene PR nightmare was doing it deliberately to make the Prince look like a big fool in front of his people and the world?

I have heard there is a lot of political back stabbing in Monaco, do you think someone is trying to purposely undermine his credibility? By pushing these CW stories, especially the ridiculas Olympic claims on her part, they way they have been doing over the past weeks really makes PA look weak and incapable as a leader, not to mention an inability to make smart decisions.

In a nutshell, Charlene makes him look like a fool. I wonder if that is someone's agenda to undermine Prince Albert? Thoughts on this subject?

Paca, thanks for your interesting report from behind the scenes from the small states games.:flowers: Just one question re. resume 10: what was a body guard doing with Charlene if Albert was sitting at a table eating? I thought they were there to guard Albert, not Charlene, and are not supposed to leave Albert's side? Or is she so hated in Monaco that she needs a body guard? :ermm:

There was proably at least 1 or 2 more with him also. She would probably have security in Monaco because of her association with him. Just like in the US the First Lady ( no I'm not implying that CW is the first lady) always has Secret Service whether the Pres is with her or not.

Albert has several types of bodyguards. There are those who are close to him and those who secure a larger area. They are usually also inadvance to make sure that it is safe when he comes. I have seen them on many occasions and it never fails to amuse me. Especially when they check a place, make sure no one approaches and thn check it again...about 3 times:D. I think they believe in magic assassins or sth. It causes quite a stir and I think that is the main intention. ecause that way you are way in advance aware that the prince is coming. It is a very old thing. Jeremy Bentham describes it quite nicely. It is the symbolism of the power of the state. It is the same with the guys jogging next to the presidents limousine. It hasn't stopped the assasination of Kennedy, but it sure still makes nice pics. The security value is limited. (especially when he sits in one of those gunsafe limos)

So since the entrance to the canteen wasn't guarded by anyone (basically anyone passing could have entered, they just wouldn't have gotten any food ;)) and the buffet was near the entrance he was probably double tasking (it's a man remember, multitasking is an attribute only applied and performed by women:angel::D).

btw I didn't reveal any statesecrets here. Anyone who was here and attending the games as a spectator could have heard or seen more or less the same things. Some was even reported in the paper.

Paca, do you think that whoever advised him on this Charlene PR nightmare was doing it deliberately to make the Prince look like a big fool in front of his people and the world?

I have heard there is a lot of political back stabbing in Monaco, do you think someone is trying to purposely undermine his credibility? By pushing these CW stories, especially the ridiculas Olympic claims on her part, they way they have been doing over the past weeks really makes PA look weak and incapable as a leader, not to mention an inability to make smart decisions.

In a nutshell, Charlene makes him look like a fool. I wonder if that is someone's agenda to undermine Prince Albert? Thoughts on this subject?
Honestly I don't know whether it was a well meaning person or not or whether it was Albert himself who thought this up. Yes there is a lot of backstabbing and powerstruggling going on, but the point is that even if you have bad advisor or malvolent advisors, you should be wise eough to come to the right decision. IMO they are only there to give their opinion and point out things that he might have overlooked or see things from a different angle. But if you are smart, you can also benefit from malvolent advisors. It simply takes knowledge of people and being wise when it comes to taking important decisions. And of course you need to know what you want to achieve. With Albert there are many unknowns. I don't think that he is very good in figuring out peoples personalities. But we don't know whether this was one of his desired effects. maybe he wanted to show her that he was right in keeping her out of sight. That it wasn't him not wanting to commit, but her not being ready to take the heat. Who knows? Whichever were his reasons though, it didn't make him look too good either. And that is sth he should have avoided.

There was proably at least 1 or 2 more with him also. She would probably have security in Monaco because of her association with him. Just like in the US the First Lady ( no I'm not implying that CW is the first lady) always has Secret Service whether the Pres is with her or not.
She didn't have any bodyguards with her at other occasions when she was with Jean Camille (who was by the way assisting the athletics from the athletes tribune, not the VIP ones)

Ok, two more things. Th Diaa trick that I mentioned earlier was actually a typing error.My keyboard often skips the n (among other letters) and when I am a bit in a hurry the odd one escapes me to correct before posting. So it meant Diana trick, the look from down to up, even though you are tall. It's supposed to give you a more girlish and shy attitude. It might be ok for a 19year old, but not a 29year old. IMO But then again although I like George Clooney, I also think that his sideways cocked head looking up, is not acting but rediculous. it's a mannerism that is ok to a certain degree, but you shouldn't overexploit it. Diana in her later years actually used her's quite cunningly, especially when she wanted to be seen as the victim. It is however nothing that suits Charlene. Neither in personality nor in looks. It looks rehearsed not natural.

Another thing that was widely discussed and people where just as emotional about it as about Charlene, was a book that has been written by a former friend of the Grimaldis. Apparently he published unauthorized private pics. In any case poeple were not amused and there was a lot of bad things said about that person. I don't recall the name, but maybe one of our researchers can come up with sth. I think I would recognize the name when I see it.

Albert has several types of bodyguards. There are those who are close to him and those who secure a larger area. They are usually also inadvance to make sure that it is safe when he comes. I have seen them on many occasions and it never fails to amuse me. Especially when they check a place, make sure no one approaches and thn check it again...about 3 times:D. I think they believe in magic assassins or sth. It causes quite a stir and I think that is the main intention. ecause that way you are way in advance aware that the prince is coming. It is a very old thing. Jeremy Bentham describes it quite nicely. It is the symbolism of the power of the state. It is the same with the guys jogging next to the presidents limousine. It hasn't stopped the assasination of Kennedy, but it sure still makes nice pics. The security value is limited. (especially when he sits in one of those gunsafe limos)

So since the entrance to the canteen wasn't guarded by anyone (basically anyone passing could have entered, they just wouldn't have gotten any food ;)) and the buffet was near the entrance he was probably double tasking (it's a man remember, multitasking is an attribute only applied and performed by women:angel::D).

btw I didn't reveal any statesecrets here. Anyone who was here and attending the games as a spectator could have heard or seen more or less the same things. Some was even reported in the paper.

Thing that I find odd is that there should have been security in place for the athletes and spectators in a scaled down Olympic form. It sounds like the only one protected was Albert. If they had had proper security in place to begin with and they should have for everyone's sake, then he wouldn't have needed the entourage. Security entourage is very much a status symbol in the US when celebrities attend functions that are not that well guarded to begin with. Some are know to have "entourage" just to call attention to themselves. The other point is why would someone want to kill Albert anyway he's not the president of a large country unless the "mafia" money men want to do away with him, but since he's so ineffective in his own Gov, I would think they would be very happy with him.

Thing that I find odd is that there should have been security in place for the athletes and spectators in a scaled down Olympic form. It sounds like the only one protected was Albert. If they had had proper security in place to begin with and they should have for everyone's sake, then he wouldn't have needed the entourage. Security entourage is very much a status symbol in the US when celebrities attend functions that are not that well guarded to begin with. Some are know to have "entourage" just to call attention to themselves. The other point is why would someone want to kill Albert anyway he's not the president of a large country unless the "mafia" money men want to do away with him, but since he's so ineffective in his own Gov, I would think they would be very happy with him.
Security for the athletes was only when you wanted to board the ship or access the boarding area. In some cases it was even bordering on the ridiculous there. But apart from that there was no security for the athletes. I believe that they considered Monaco secure enough. IMO the security for Albert was a bit overdone in comparisson. But as I said I believe that was merely symbolic and not due to real security issues. But usually when he comes you see a few more uniformed people around too. Nothing realy outrages in comparisson, but since you don't usually see him out and aout so much it was rather noticeable. But IMO it was basically show and making himself noticed as being present in Monaco, whereas the last 2 years he was hardly noticed at present apart from major occasions.

Another thing that was widely discussed and people where just as emotional about it as about Charlene, was a book that has been written by a former friend of the Grimaldis. Apparently he published unauthorized private pics. In any case poeple were not amused and there was a lot of bad things said about that person. I don't recall the name, but maybe one of our researchers can come up with sth. I think I would recognize the name when I see it.
Stephane Bern? (probably not, the book is a few years old and he was too chummy with the Grimaldis on the Tenue de soirée show), David Laurens (former editor of Monaco Hebdo - wasn't he the guy that got sacked?) or Patrick Weber? That's all I can find...
Does it ring a bell?

Stephane Bern? (probably not, the book is a few years old and he was too chummy with the Grimaldis on the Tenue de soirée show), David Laurens (former editor of Monaco Hebdo - wasn't he the guy that got sacked?) or Patrick Weber? That's all I can find...
Does it ring a bell?
No, none of them. Stephane Bern just recently appeared in the Drucker show with them and he would never say anything bad about them. He is just too flattered to be allowed breathing next to them. And it isn't the other ones either. Some Frech or Monegasque name. Maybe lilae could find out via her friends? He seems to be known in Monaco by a number of people, but I don't recall his name just now. I heard he recently has a reading here in Fnac. Don't know whether there is a program or sth where one could look it up.

No, none of them. Stephane Bern just recently appeared in the Drucker show with them and he would never say anything bad about them. He is just too flattered to be allowed breathing next to them. And it isn't the other ones either. Some Frech or Monegasque name. Maybe lilae could find out via her friends? He seems to be known in Monaco by a number of people, but I don't recall his name just now. I heard he recently has a reading here in Fnac. Don't know whether there is a program or sth where one could look it up.
Then I don't know. The Fnac web site doesn't help either, unless it's a book that doesn't fall in either the Monaco or Grimaldi category. :confused: Arrrrgh! Now I need to know. :bang: < Mumbles to oneself: must find book, must find book.... > :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom