Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

The more I see her the more I like her
I really hope they marry one day and soon

Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

I agree I would love for these two to marry. I know pictures can't tell the whole story but they always seem so well connected

Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Prince Albert II. and Charlene at the Monaco Games for European Small States
Monte Carlo, Monaco - 05.06.07

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic n° 4....

This is not the way to drink of a princess!

God save us!!

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Also Charlene wearing scarf matching Albert's tie. Even if she was "real girlfriend" it is not appropriate to do this at official event b/c it suggest she is same important as Albert e.g it would be different if she was his wife.
Looking at Charlene pics with Albert I think she is more and more uncomfortable at official events with him. It looks for me that "relationship" might be over soon.
I
She is wearing that scarf because (I think) it was a dress code for the event. checking others photos you can note that also other persons seated next to them are wearing the same scarf.

I agree with you....concerning the relationship...

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMichelle
Pic n° 4....

God save us!!

Pardon my ignorance but I was wondering what is wrong with her drinking from a bottle of water?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Gentry

The wrong is that she is drinking without glass.
@ public event

If you do it during your training I can understand... But not @ public event. Expecially if you are the official companion of an head of state.

Does maxima, Mary, or Letizia do it? have you ever seen lady D, Queen Liz , Hilary Clinton, do it?

She is polish.

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 06-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Well in the photo it would seem that all the guests are drinking from the same brand of water bottle. It would seem that this is the brand sponsering the event and so they require their name to be seen. Perhaps glasses weren't supplied.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Prince Albert II. and Charlene at the Monaco Games for European Small States
Monte Carlo, Monaco - 05.06.07

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
How could this woman step out with that hair like that? Has she ever heard of a pony tail or a stylist? Oh please Prince Albert reconsider...for the Monaguesque's sake if not your own.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Well in the photo it would seem that all the guests are drinking from the same brand of water bottle. It would seem that this is the brand sponsering the event and so they require their name to be seen. Perhaps glasses weren't supplied.
yes, it looks like she's not doing anything different than anyone else -- drinking straight out from the bottle.

she seems very very casual and very very simple about everything -- wears her hair any kind of way, don't seem to care too much about fashions, never too interested in school, only interest in sports and swimming, couldn't care if Albert keeps saying in public that he will not commit to her (he keeps inviting her so I guess that's enough), like to lay in the sun and get a tan and take life very very easy, like to go to parties and take pictures, like to do a photo advertisement once in a while, have casual relationship with Albert -- very easy and very simple going on about everything

Of course, we know she is ambitious, she did make it to the olympics several years ago and she is managing to hang on to Albert and get him to take care of her -- none of those are easy thing to do.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 5.6.2007

The Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and the Grande Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg have been Albert's guests during the Games of small states of Europe in Monaco 5 June 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock arrive at the Monte-Carlo Bay hotel in Monaco 5 June 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 06-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She is wearing that scarf because (I think) it was a dress code for the event. checking others photos you can note that also other persons seated next to them are wearing the same scarf.

I agree with you....concerning the relationship...
The other people wearing the scarf were officials working for Monaco to organize the games. This is part of the official outfit of those involved with the games and even there only the top organizers. Unless without my knowledge she has been involved, there was no need for her to wear it.

If I am not mistaken the pic of her with the waterbottle is taken at swimming, though it doesn't look as if she was in the princes loge or there with the prince as she would have been otherwise seated. She was probably on the NOC tribune. Anyways today she was not there with Albert for the finals in her discipline. And as to glass, there are no glasses given with the bottles depending on the venue you are being given a plastic cup, but I don't recall this being the case at swimming. Not enough space to put all the bins and too much commotion to go to those outside. She is afterall at a sportsevent and people are pretty relaxed here. The Grand duc was sitting mixed with athletes watching table tennis this morning with his wife and the princess of Liechtenstein also seemed very approachable from what I hear. The minister of Malta wore even the shirt of the helpers and could have been easily mistaken for one as he clearly preferred sitting with his wife with the normal people instead of the VIP boxes patting everyone on the back who didn't get out of his way in time . he seemed to be wanting to hug the whole world or at least all of Monaco . The only one that should have been defrosted before sending him abroad, was the president of Iceland. As he was handing a gold medal to one of the swimmers, even one from Iceland who had just broken the games record, he did the necessary and then made his way as quick as possible back to his seat next to Albert before someone else could grab it.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

Yes they were there watching athletics yesterday. This morning I saw them at table tennis (she was wearing some black outfit) and yesterday I saw them at above event as well as in the countryclub. The Duke in the country club looked a bit like from a differnt century. He is a very elegant man not only in looks but also in movement. And he has a friendly air about him. I don't know much about them, but they seem both quite nice.

Albert apparently fell this morning out of bed, as he surprised everyone at the digue this morning. He attended a meeting there and also had his pics taken with athletes and volunteers. He was from what I hear apparently very approachable this morning.

One thing though, he ought to give up chewing his gum with his mouth open. It's not a pretty sight.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Pic n° 4....

God save us!!

You want God to save you from someone drinking out of a bottle? Cripes, she isn't sitting there dismembering kittens, you know.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The wrong is that she is drinking without glass.
@ public event

If you do it during your training I can understand... But not @ public event. Expecially if you are the official companion of an head of state.

Does maxima, Mary, or Letizia do it? have you ever seen lady D, Queen Liz , Hilary Clinton, do it?

She is polish.
Actually on TV I have only seen Hillary Clinton drink from a water bottle. I am not a fan of Charlene in any way, but this is not a fair comment. I do not know of anyone who carrys a glass with them so that they would have to drink out of a water bottle.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

u can take a country girl out of the country but not the country out of the girl
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Nobility

Wow! Finally, a picture of PA and CW that can be included in the folder/caption "Royal Loving Gestures" or "Royals looking lovingly at each other." CW seems more relaxed in front of the camera now.

I have to say that these white outfits are quite a leap from the Grand Prix outfits. Must be nice to have never worked a 9 to 5 job, be on eternal training for the Olympics and be subsidized by your rich boyfriend. Ah, the good life.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 AM
Majesty

2 galleries from Deadline:

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories
Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Nobility

There is an article on the Hello website about Albert and Charlene at the games
Albert and Charlene perfectly in tune at sporting ceremony
Old 06-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Courtier

Are they engaged? What's the story about these two ?