The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Princess Mabel's Past

Here a thread to discuss things related to Princess Mabel´s past that caused so much discussion in The Netherlands.

According to royalblog, the Dutch Nieuwsmonitor will present their research after the role of the media in Mabelgate, on December 18th. Minister Donner (Justice) called it a ´lynch partij´, and the NNM will focus on how the media played the role of ´prosecutor´ etc.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Why was there an investigation? The Dutch people think Mabel was wronged??

Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

what did she do in her past?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Here you can find some information on the situation that surrounded Princess Mabel before her wedding. Basically, she and Constantijn were not completely open and honest about some of her less than savory past relationships.

It probably would have gone alot easier if they had just said, "yes. she had a relationship and it was a mistake" and been done with it. The Dutch are very understanding people, as long as you are honest with them.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Here you can find some information on the situation that surrounded Princess Mabel before her wedding. Basically, she and Constantijn were not completely open and honest about some of her less than savory past relationships.

It probably would have gone alot easier if they had just said, "yes. she had a relationship and it was a mistake" and been done with it. The Dutch are very understanding people, as long as you are honest with them.
I think you mean Johan Friso
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Aristocracy

Sometimes the past comeback for many people.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Gentry

I'm sure her mother-in-law knew about her past before she married and had the interview with the Government. There's been a lot of speculation that has been presented as fact, and I'm not sure everything is accurate. I really like Mabel. She's quite out of the ordinary. I think that as she matures she will be able to make significant contributions to a great many communities.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Mabel has done a lot of wonderful things, too, besides just her...slightly colorful past relations. She works with several charities, and has become known as a leader, apart from her status as the daughter-in-law of the Queen.

I wonder, if Mabel was anyone else, would her past still be discussed? Many people have skeletons in their closets.

Then again, Mabel has bows..........

Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
Mabel has done a lot of wonderful things, too, besides just her...slightly colorful past relations. She works with several charities, and has become known as a leader, apart from her status as the daughter-in-law of the Queen.

I wonder, if Mabel was anyone else, would her past still be discussed? Many people have skeletons in their closets.

Then again, Mabel has bows..........

This is so funny. They were Dutch bows, though.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator

I found this on youtube, the interview of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries with Charlie da Silva, bodyguard of mobster Klaas Bruinsma:

Mabel, ken je me nog (Mabel do you remember me?) was the promo of the programme....

'Criminals don't always lie and princesses don't always tell the truth'.

and here 10 minutes of the interview, 'Mabel was the woman of the tall one' (= Klaas Bruinsma)...

'I had two guns with me, what did she think that I was of the water police? That is not possible!'
Old 01-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Administrator

And a video of the 'Neeltje Jacoba', the boat where everything was supposed to have happened:

Old 01-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Charly the run-away criminal,not to shy to kill.Sad,that the word of a criminal seems worth more then ones virtues.Mabel is OK,she really is.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Well, 8 years after the whole connection was 'revealed' by Peter R. de Vries on national television, the biggest gossip magazine of the country now has a new headline/cover:

http://images2.sellvia.nl/detail/w25...rs/Prive24.jpg

Saying that the whole sexual relationship was a made up (already revealed in 2003 by Klaas Bruinsma's real bodyguard - Geurt Roos).
Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, 8 years after the whole connection was 'revealed' by Peter R. de Vries on national television, the biggest gossip magazine of the country now has a new headline/cover:

http://images2.sellvia.nl/detail/w25...rs/Prive24.jpg

Saying that the whole sexual relationship was a made up (already revealed in 2003 by Klaas Bruinsma's real bodyguard - Geurt Roos).
What a surprise.........Not!

The unfounded but intentional harm done to Princess Mabel by a run-away crook that people these days believe before anyone else because it's a juicy story.And by R.de Vries,the nagging j**k of dutch tv...I hope they get what they deserve....I will look and laugh,regardless...

She's not,not now not ever,to blame for mistakes in choosing a man,many make that mistake and find they got the wrong guy.So What!?Exactly,and then you have those who don't even get that far due to their hang-ups...tough luck.Whatever happened,it's not of our nosy business.At all.It was just cheap tv by an even cheaper pain in the behind called de Vries,a creature even I do not find the right words for to discribe,and that's rare..but heck,you can imagine what direct and as always very true syllables would fly over this forum if I would let go....Each a Bullseye.!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Royal Highness

So Mabel's relationship with Klaas Bruinsma was that of an acquaintance or friend, but it wasn't sexual and the intimate relationship was false? I'm sorry for being ignorant, I'm trying to get this all straight.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
So Mabel's relationship with Klaas Bruinsma was that of an acquaintance or friend, but it wasn't sexual and the intimate relationship was false? I'm sorry for being ignorant, I'm trying to get this all straight.
It was a hoax.You don't have to get this str8,it is of nobodies business.Period.
No Katrianna,it's no-ones business to go into details of a sexual nature,
but darn,I hope they had a good time,and as long they didn't scream the roof from my place,no-one cares.!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Royal Highness

Well, Lucien, I merely was wanting to know and you didn't have to get snippy with me. Thank you..........I guess.