Princess Mabel on Twitter

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here following her?

:xmastree:

Twitter

I am now...LOOOL, I do wonder though if it is her time will tell.:flowers:

I wonder that too, its hard to tell these days!

I only discovered that Mabel was on Twitter today. I am now following her.

I love that she tweets in English as well as in Dutch. Thank God for that as otherwise I wouldn't understand a thing she says.

I see that her last tweet was on February 16th, shortly before Friso's terrible accident. Not that I expect her to tweet any time soon, if ever, again. It's just that it is so sad knowing why she has stopped.

Last edited:
I see that her last tweet was on February 16th, shortly before Friso's terrible accident. Not that I expect her to tweet any time soon, if ever, again. It's just that it is so sad knowing why she has stopped.

I see that Mabel tweeted on March 1st. A friend told me that she was thanking everyone for their good wishes. :flowers:

I see that Mabel tweeted on March 1st. A friend told me that she was thanking everyone for their good wishes. :flowers:

And how very sad that her last tweets had organ donorship as a topic! Does that mean she knows exactly what Friso thought about this topic because they surely discussed it at home as well as tweeting about it?

And how very sad that her last tweets had organ donorship as a topic! Does that mean she knows exactly what Friso thought about this topic because they surely discussed it at home as well as tweeting about it?

I saw the words "organ and donor" but I didn't understand anything else, I'm afraid.

Let me take a look for you. She was telling about the fact she is an organ donor since 1998 and the fact there is a shortage on the amount of donors in the Netherlands, the system of donor ship and that people should become donors. Roughly translated of course. And her last tweet was:

Het warme medeleven in de afgelopen periode heeft mij steun en kracht gegeven. Mijn dank hiervoor is groot

means ( roughly translated): The warm sympathy in this period ( actually last period: meaning the period with the prince Friso accident) has given me support and strength. My thanks/gratitude for this is great/large.

Posted on 1 march

Hope that helped!

Let me take a look for you. She was telling about the fact she is an organ donor since 1998 and the fact there is a shortage on the amount of donors in the Netherlands, the system of donor ship and that people should become donors. Roughly translated of course. And her last tweet was:

Het warme medeleven in de afgelopen periode heeft mij steun en kracht gegeven. Mijn dank hiervoor is groot

means ( roughly translated): The warm sympathy in this period ( actually last period: meaning the period with the prince Friso accident) has given me support and strength. My thanks/gratitude for this is great/large.

Posted on 1 march

Hope that helped!

Thank you so much for that translation, elladora. :flowers:

Thank you so much for that translation, elladora. :flowers:

You are welcome! If you ever need a translation ( from Dutch to English) you know where to find me!

In the states it's noted on our driver's license if you are a donor. I'm wondering if this is being brought up by Mabel as a way to prepare everyone for what might be coming with her husband?

In the states it's noted on our driver's license if you are a donor. I'm wondering if this is being brought up by Mabel as a way to prepare everyone for what might be coming with her husband?

No the accident was on 17th February and the tweets on donors were on the 16th ( February)

Maybe she had a premonition about the need for organ donation. Her post was on Feb.16th and the accident happened on the 17th? I find that a little creepy, don't you?

Maybe she had a premonition about the need for organ donation. Her post was on Feb.16th and the accident happened on the 17th? I find that a little creepy, don't you?

I admit it is rather creepy.

Yes, but she had a reason for it: her best friend from school took obviously part in a talkshow about this topic and she asked her followers to watch it on TV in the Netherlands. That was on February 14th. Then a bit of a discussion started about it till she went away to her holiday. So, not the day before the accident and an understandible reason to discuss that topic.

Thank you Kataryn for explaining the organ donation topic. Living in the US, I hardly ever hear about European royalty and their causes. It might not have been the day before the accident happened when the topic began being discussed, but it is odd that what happened occured just days after her friend was on a show talking about that very topic.

Irony. Irony is very hard to live with sometimes. The Prince may not be a suitable donor, as he has very poor functioning organs or systems. Very sad.

Just found out that Princess Mabel has a twitter account. Does she always update her twitter?

Just found out that Princess Mabel has a twitter account. Does she always update her twitter?

Yes she does. I have seen her write in both english and dutch. Very classy lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom