Princess Mabel, Countess Luana & Countess Zaria, Current Events Part 1 (Oct 2013 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The benefit raised 600.000. The money will be spent on the research project of the AIDS researcher who was one of people in the MH17 airplane that was shot down above the Ukraine.

:previous:

Apparently Mabel said that Jacqueline van Tongeren, one of the AIDS researchers, was a great support to her after prince Friso died. She told Mabel that it is important to celebrate the live of those who enriched our lives. So now it was their turn to celebrate the life of Ms. van Tongeren and her partner Dr. Joep Lange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhH4dnLStsU

Last edited:
it's great to see a happy mabel out and about.

HRH Princess Mabel attended the movie Sonita at the IDFA in De Balie in Amsterdam.

PPE

PPE Agency

Is Mabel really a HRH?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes she is still style HRH even though she is a widow but because her late Husband Prince Friso was a member she took his titles although she and her kids are no longer member of the Orange-Nassau House and in line to the throne

In Britain Mabel and Laurentien would have been known as HRH Princess Johan Friso of Orange-Nassau respectively HRH Princess Constantijn of the Netherlands. On the Continent the monarchies however use the own name of the married spouse: Princess Sofia of Sweden, Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau, Princess Philomena of Orléans, etc.

Is Mabel really a HRH?

Her full style/title is HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau, Countess of Orange-Nassau,Jonkvrouw van Amsberg.

Princess Mabel, Countess Luana & Countess Zaria, Current Events Part 1 (Oct 2...

Thank you all for replying. I didn't think she was a HRH because the marriage wasn't approved by the parliament. Have I interpreted it correctly that only children of the monarch and the heir are HRH while the offspring of the younger children of the monarch are "mere" counts/countesses of Orange-Nassau?

Last edited:
Her daughters are Countesses of Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouw von Amsberg. No HRH! They have the same style like the children of Constantijn and Laurentien. But Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore are in the line of succession to the Dutch throne.

Thank you all for replying. I didn't think she was a HRH because the marriage wasn't approved by the government. But her daughters aren't HRH right?

The 2 daughters of the late Prince Johan Friso and Princess Mabel are styled Countess/ Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg.

Thank you all for replying. I didn't think she was a HRH because the marriage wasn't approved by the parliament. Have I interpreted it correctly that only children of the monarch and the heir are HRH while the offspring of the younger children of the monarch are "mere" counts/countesses of Orange-Nassau?

No they are not style like that. Unlike the British, Most Monarchies have different laws of styling the 3 generation of a Sovereign. Since Princess Beatrix's abdication none of her grandkids except Arianna, alexia and the Crown Princess Amalia have HRH

No they are not style like that. Unlike the British, Most Monarchies have different laws of styling the 3 generation of a Sovereign. Since Princess Beatrix's abdication none of her grandkids except Arianna, alexia and the Crown Princess Amalia have HRH

None of Beatrix's grandchildren had/have the style of HRH anyway,only Amalia,Alexia and Ariane have that since birth.The others are Counts and Countesses without the style HRH,always were.HRH Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau is styled as such as the spouse of a HRH takes the courtesy title.She,like Laurentien,have a courtesy title as the spouse takes the title of the husband.Except Máxima,she was styled HRH in her own right at the moment she married Alexander,the Prince of Orange at the time as we know.

Her full style/title is HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau, Countess of Orange-Nassau,Jonkvrouw van Amsberg.

I believe that the wife of a jonkheer is just a plain 'mevrouw' (mrs.). Jonkheer or jonkvrouw implies untitled nobility.

None of Beatrix's grandchildren had/have the style of HRH anyway,only Amalia,Alexia and Ariane have that since birth.The others are Counts and Countesses without the style HRH,always were.HRH Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau is styled as such as the spouse of a HRH takes the courtesy title.She,like Laurentien,have a courtesy title as the spouse takes the title of the husband.Except Máxima,she was styled HRH in her own right at the moment she married Alexander,the Prince of Orange at the time as we know.

So if I understand well the late Prince Friso when he married Mabel only lost the line of succession to the throne nothing else. .He held the title HRH normally.

So if I understand well the late Prince Friso when he married Mabel only lost the line of succession to the throne nothing else. .He held the title HRH normally.

Yes,but instead a HRH Prince of The Netherlands he was styled as a HRH Prince of Orange Nassau due to not asking permission to marry to parliament.

Reactions: eya

Prince Friso automatically, and simultaneously, lost his succession rights, membership in the Royal House, and title Prince of the Netherlands (preserving the title Prince of Orange-Nassau):

1. Article 28 of the Constitution excludes anyone who contracts an unapproved marriage, and the issue of the marriage, from the succession.

2. Articles 1-4 of the Membership of the Royal House Act of 2002 reserve membership in the Royal House for heads and former heads of state, relatives eligible for succession to the throne, and the spouses and widow(er)s of these members.

3. Article 8 of the Act limits the title Prince(ss) of the Netherlands to members of the Royal House.

On account of these statutes,

Prince Friso's daughters are not included in the line of succession (1).
His wife (widow) and daughters are ineligible for membership in the Royal House (2).
His wife and daughters cannot carry the title Princess of the Netherlands (3).

Nor can they carry the title Princess of Orange-Nassau owing to Article 9 of the 2002 law, which limits the title to members and former members of the Royal House. Princess Mabel can only "use" her late husband's titles as courtesy titles.

The Constitution of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (2008) (English)

Membership of the Royal House Act (2002) (Dutch)

Titels leden Koninklijke Familie | Titels, aanspreektitels en beschermheerschappen | Het Koninklijk Huis

Yes he did forfeit his rights and his descendants rights to the throne by not concerting an approval with the then Queen Beatrix and the Dutch government. He didn't hold the normal HRH Prince of the Netherlands but that of HRH Prince of Orange and Nassau (as that's the name of the Royal household).

Princess Mabel gave a speech during the opening ceremony of the Joep Lange Institute in Amsterdam today, March 15.

The eponymous institute is established to ensure the legacy of the deceased AIDS researcher Lange who was killed in the disaster of the Malaysia Airlines flight in 2014.

** anp gallery ** belga **

i noticed that madeleine, through her facebook, congratulated mabel of the netherlands on her work for 'girlsnotbrides‬'.

Congratulations Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau for your work to end child brides around the globe ‪#‎girlsnotbrides‬
Welcome to Girls Not Brides

Princess Mabel attended a commemorative event to celebrate the life of murdered Labour MP Jo Cox in London yesterday, June 22, on what would have been Jo Cox's 42nd birthday. The commemoration in the city's central Trafalgar Square was set to be matched with similar events taking place in cities around the world, among them Beirut, Nairobi, New York and Paris.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous: Thank you for the update, iceflower. I watched the coverage of the commemoration on the news, though I didn't spot Mabel on the stage; it was nice to see her with Malala.
Jo Cox's death was terribly sad and tragic. She was so young and seemed to be a lovely and down to earth person. The world needs more people like her, but sadly she has been taken from us.

Mabel and Malala have a lot in common, cause wise. Always nice to see them together. I suspect they will cross paths in the future often. :flowers: It was great to see both attending the tribute to Jo Cox.

Back
Top Bottom