The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Nobility

I was wondering how long Mabel will be wearing black mourning .I have only seen her in black for a long time now. Perhaps she has worn other colours that I haven't seen but from what I have noted even Beatrix is no longer wearing black .

Old 05-31-2015, 07:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfanvivian View Post
Princess Mabel tonight was present at the annual dinner at the Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall.

Princess Mabel at Amsterdam Dinner 2015
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1862881

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=XRXc90z-CXw

Old 05-31-2015, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The benefit raised 600.000. The money will be spent on the research project of the AIDS researcher who was one of people in the MH17 airplane that was shot down above the Ukraine.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Apparently Mabel said that Jacqueline van Tongeren, one of the AIDS researchers, was a great support to her after prince Friso died. She told Mabel that it is important to celebrate the live of those who enriched our lives. So now it was their turn to celebrate the life of Ms. van Tongeren and her partner Dr. Joep Lange.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Commoner

Can someone translate Princess Mabel´s speech in Amsterdam Dinner last Saturday. Thank you so much.

Speech H.K.H. prinses Mabel - Amsterdam Diner FoundationSpeech H.K.H. prinses Mabel - Amsterdam Diner Foundation
Old 11-02-2015, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Princess Mabel as board member of the Malala Fund attended the "He Named Me Malala" film premiere in Hilversum yesterday, November 1:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

** nos.nl: Prinses Mabel en kinderen kijken naar Malala-documentaire ** translation **
Old 11-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Majesty

it's great to see a happy mabel out and about.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Princess Mabel attended the movie Sonita at the IDFA in De Balie in Amsterdam.

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 11-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
HRH Princess Mabel attended the movie Sonita at the IDFA in De Balie in Amsterdam.

PPE

PPE Agency

Is Mabel really a HRH?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Is Mabel really a HRH?

Yes she is still style HRH even though she is a widow but because her late Husband Prince Friso was a member she took his titles although she and her kids are no longer member of the Orange-Nassau House and in line to the throne
Old 11-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

In Britain Mabel and Laurentien would have been known as HRH Princess Johan Friso of Orange-Nassau respectively HRH Princess Constantijn of the Netherlands. On the Continent the monarchies however use the own name of the married spouse: Princess Sofia of Sweden, Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau, Princess Philomena of Orléans, etc.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Is Mabel really a HRH?

Her full style/title is HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau, Countess of Orange-Nassau,Jonkvrouw van Amsberg.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Princess Mabel, Countess Luana & Countess Zaria, Current Events Part 1 (Oct 2...

Thank you all for replying. I didn't think she was a HRH because the marriage wasn't approved by the parliament. Have I interpreted it correctly that only children of the monarch and the heir are HRH while the offspring of the younger children of the monarch are "mere" counts/countesses of Orange-Nassau?

Old 11-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Her daughters are Countesses of Oranje-Nassau, Jonkvrouw von Amsberg. No HRH! They have the same style like the children of Constantijn and Laurentien. But Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore are in the line of succession to the Dutch throne.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Thank you all for replying. I didn't think she was a HRH because the marriage wasn't approved by the government. But her daughters aren't HRH right?

The 2 daughters of the late Prince Johan Friso and Princess Mabel are styled Countess/ Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Thank you all for replying. I didn't think she was a HRH because the marriage wasn't approved by the parliament. Have I interpreted it correctly that only children of the monarch and the heir are HRH while the offspring of the younger children of the monarch are "mere" counts/countesses of Orange-Nassau?

No they are not style like that. Unlike the British, Most Monarchies have different laws of styling the 3 generation of a Sovereign. Since Princess Beatrix's abdication none of her grandkids except Arianna, alexia and the Crown Princess Amalia have HRH
Old 11-24-2015, 04:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCourtisane View Post
No they are not style like that. Unlike the British, Most Monarchies have different laws of styling the 3 generation of a Sovereign. Since Princess Beatrix's abdication none of her grandkids except Arianna, alexia and the Crown Princess Amalia have HRH
None of Beatrix's grandchildren had/have the style of HRH anyway,only Amalia,Alexia and Ariane have that since birth.The others are Counts and Countesses without the style HRH,always were.HRH Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau is styled as such as the spouse of a HRH takes the courtesy title.She,like Laurentien,have a courtesy title as the spouse takes the title of the husband.Except Máxima,she was styled HRH in her own right at the moment she married Alexander,the Prince of Orange at the time as we know.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Her full style/title is HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau, Countess of Orange-Nassau,Jonkvrouw van Amsberg.
I believe that the wife of a jonkheer is just a plain 'mevrouw' (mrs.). Jonkheer or jonkvrouw implies untitled nobility.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
None of Beatrix's grandchildren had/have the style of HRH anyway,only Amalia,Alexia and Ariane have that since birth.The others are Counts and Countesses without the style HRH,always were.HRH Princess Mabel of Orange Nassau is styled as such as the spouse of a HRH takes the courtesy title.She,like Laurentien,have a courtesy title as the spouse takes the title of the husband.Except Máxima,she was styled HRH in her own right at the moment she married Alexander,the Prince of Orange at the time as we know.
So if I understand well the late Prince Friso when he married Mabel only lost the line of succession to the throne nothing else. .He held the title HRH normally.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
So if I understand well the late Prince Friso when he married Mabel only lost the line of succession to the throne nothing else. .He held the title HRH normally.
Yes,but instead a HRH Prince of The Netherlands he was styled as a HRH Prince of Orange Nassau due to not asking permission to marry to parliament.

Tags
dutch royal family, friso, mabel