Princess Mabel, Countess Luana & Countess Zaria, Current Events Part 1 (Oct 2013 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
Princess Mabel, Countess Luana & Countess Zaria, Current Events Part 1 (Oct 2013 - )

I thought it would be useful to set up a new thread for Princess Mabel and the girls

It will be half term in the UK soon, and all the children will have a week off from school. Query whether Mabel and the girls will be returning to Holland for the week to spend some time with the family, and to check on how Granny Beatrix is recovering from her fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are living in London? For some reason I was under the impression that when Friso was moved to the Hague that Mabel and the girls moved with him. Did they stay in London while he was in the Netherlands? Getting old stinks sometimes, I can't remember anything!

Can I just say seeing the title of this thread just broke my heart?

Good idea to create this thread ... but gotta agree -- just breaks my heart :(

They are living in London? For some reason I was under the impression that when Friso was moved to the Hague that Mabel and the girls moved with him. Did they stay in London while he was in the Netherlands? Getting old stinks sometimes, I can't remember anything!

The children were off from school shortly after their dad was moved to The Hague,all were in The Hague when he passed away.

The children were off from school shortly after their dad was moved to The Hague,all were in The Hague when he passed away.

Lucien, I know they were in the NL when Friso passed away, but it was also the summer holiday. Do you know if they have moved back to NL for good, or do they continue to live in the UK, as I had thought?

I can't remember reading any announcements about them moving back permanently.
The girls will probably have their friends in England, and Mabel her work and friends.

Maybe she can resume her work now....

For her and the kids, it's better like it is now, even if it is very sad. But now they can go on with their lifes .. with P. Friso still beeing in a coma, life was 'on hold'.

Very good to see Mabel and the girls at the family wedding. Mabel is clearly a very brave and courageous woman, God bless her!

Do you think that she will attend the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony?

Friso was the godson of King Harald. And he was invited to many Nobel Peace Prize ceremonies. I guess after their marriage Mabel had attended also the ceremonies.

What is the current job Mabel is holding? With the passing of Prince Friso, does Mabel and the girls continue to receive any royal privileges or support?

I, don't know, but I suspect, Mabel and the children get all the support they need from their very, wonderful, family. She will always be privileged. I do not know if she is working as yet.

I, don't know, but I suspect, Mabel and the children get all the support they need from their very, wonderful, family. She will always be privileged. I do not know if she is working as yet.
why wouldn't she? I don't see any reason as to why she wouldn't, especially after what she has been through.

Yes,the Princess already started working a little again earlyer this year
and that took her to ,ao,India.

She isn't good at doing nothing as she stated more then once,so I hope she will continue to have a fulfilling life.By all means.

Yes,the Princess already started working a little again earlyer this year
and that took her to ,ao,India.

She isn't good at doing nothing as she stated more then once,so I hope she will continue to have a fulfilling life.By all means.

I am glad to hear that Mabel is back at work. It will help bring a little focus, and help her come to terms with the ordeal she has been living for nearly 2 years now.

What is the current job Mabel is holding? With the passing of Prince Friso, does Mabel and the girls continue to receive any royal privileges or support?

i assume that mabel, like any widow, gets a proportion of her late husband's salary at least: other more advantageous arrangements may be in place for people belonging to royal families and wives of statesmen.

i'm not really sure what mabel is working on at the moment. she left the elders after friso's accident. does she still live in london or has she maybe relocated to the netherlands to be close to her family?

I'm not sure if she's left but she was with Amnesty international.

Also, by all report Friso handled a lot of the investments for the DRF so I'm assuming he left his immediate family taken care of financially. Also, I'm sure King Willem and Princess Beatrix will make sure she and the girls are comfortable.

I would not fault Mabel if she had starting seeing someone. It's often said that if someone had a good/fulfilling marriage and their partner passes away, they get married sooner rather than later. Mostly because they had a good experience and miss being married and having that companionship.

I really wish her to be happy and in love again.

:previous: It has been my experience that widows (and widowers) who had really happy marriages tend to remarry because that is the "life" they are most comfortable with. They have loved and been loved and hopefully they will find that again.

Whatever Mabel decides is OK, she was a loved wife and is a beloved mother, daughter, sister and brother-in-law in the DRF. I can't see that changing if she finds love again.

I hope she will find happiness whether with a new man or without, but with Mark Rutte?!? That would be some story if that happened (haven't seen the story in the dutch media, so I'm thinking there's not much to it :lol:)

Ah, apparently I was behind the times (must be reading the wrong magazines :))
Already in 2012 gossip-magazine Weekend had a story about Mabel and Mark Rutte saying they "were rumoured" to have had a relationship many years ago when both were in the same political circles.
Another gossip-magazine Story has published the topic again last week (triggered by the publication in that german magazine) but it says that, although they have a warm and intensive "bond" the two are not in a relationship; they are friends, have been for over 20 years...

Now if even a gossip magazine says that they *don't* have a relationship.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom