Princess Mabel and 'The Elders' and 'Girls Not Brides'

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yesterday, March 12, Princess Mabel attended the "Women in Power" Summit in New York City:

** Pic **

:previous: The two do seem to be clashing quite a lot lately, don't they? ?
Wonder if they've met up privately during the times they've been in the same areas. Of course we'll never know about that, but it's nice to think about!

Princess Mabel participated in the presentation of the results of three years of fight against child marriage in Den Haag today, April 1:

** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
A new partnership between Princess Mabel and Princess Miriam of Bulgaria

"It’s been fantastic to partner with my friend and talented jewellery designer @miriamdeungria for @vowforgirls’ latest collaboration. Her cool ‘I DON’T’ rings will help children at the risk of child marriage to say ‘I don’t’. Every year, 12 million girls are married off before their 18th birthday. We believe that every girl should be able to decide whether, when and whom to marry. 100% of proceeds from the sale of the ‘I DON’T’ rings are donated to VOW to help #endchildmarriage."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-dsaoliWF/

I am glad she is so committed to this cause. Children should be children, not brides and mothers.

Yesterday, February 25, Mabel participated in a virtual Girls Not Brides meeting:

** Pic **

Princess Mabel during a virtual Girls Not Brides meeting yesterday, March 9:

** Pic **

Mabel has sent a message on the occasion of the International Day of the Girl 2021:

** Pic **

Every 3 seconds, a child becomes a bride. For the #DayOfTheGirl (which is tomorrow), let’s stop the clock. Help to start a new future for girls – allowing them decide whether, when and whom to marry..

The full post can be seen at her instagram account.

"We're excited to see our @GirlsNotBrides Chair & founder @MabelvanOranje stepping into a new role as Champion with us! As a leading activist in the girls' rights space addressing #childmarriage for 10+ years, we look forward to her continued support!"

https://www.girlsnotbrides.org/girl...o-global-champion-role-to-end-child-marriage/

This 'stepping into a new role' meant that she quit as Chair of the Board (see her profile on their website) but remains involved as 'Global Champion'. Other champions include(d): archbishop Desmond Tutu, Graca Machel (widow of Nelson Mandela (and former president of Mozambique Samora Machel)) and Sonita Alizadeh (25-year old Afghan-born rapper and activist).

Princess Mabel is in New York City and attended an event about the role of supporting networks and partnership towards ending child marriages yesterday, September 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Mabel is in Nepal to "visit organisations that are working at the community level to EndChildMarriage, and ensure that girls and young women can choose their own futures":

** Pic **

Princess Mabel shared that she "spent 1½ days in Dhanusha district, Province 2 (South-East Nepal) visiting #EndChildMarriage projects":

** Pic ** instagram post **

Together with the Countess of Wessex Princess Mabel attended an event about conflict-related sexual violence, survivors and justice in Den Haag today, February 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Princess Mabel and other members of the team visited Canada House in London yesterday, February 28, to talk about their cause and the efforts so far:

** Pic **

Princess Mabel participated in The Philanthropy Workshop‘s Global Summit 2023 in London yesterday, March 4:

** Pic **

Princess Mabel participated in a conversation at the Commonwealth Club of California in California on March 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Back
Top Bottom