The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

A few more details.

When Prince Friso was buried by the avalanche, the alarm went out. A helicopter arrived either with or along side a rescue team.
They were told that one had been buried and formed a line. Because Johan Friso wore a beeper, the rescue team was able to find him within 20 minutes.
A doctor started treating him the moment he was found.

Doctors at the hospital have been quoted for saying that it will be a few days before thay can come out with a prognosis.

- That's an impressive short response time by any standard!
But a scull fracture combined with the weight of half a metre of snow? And the fact that the doctors only declare him stable but critical, and there is no mentioning of him being consious. - That does sound like a coma.
I fear there is every reason for pessimism, not so much that he might die but rather that he might suffer from some sort of brain damage.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:43 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with Prince Friso and his family. What a terrible thing to happen.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

This news is a great shock and my thoughts and prayers are with Friso, Mabel, the children and Her Majesty. Friso is fit and strong and I hope with all my heart that his condition stabalizes and that he will be recovering soon. Willem will be a great source of strength for them all when he arrives in Austria.

Thank you to everyone for keeping us all up to date and providing information as it comes. Let us all unite in our hopes for Johan.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

These are quite sad and shocking news. My prayers are with him and his family.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

Hoping that he will make a full recovery from this accident. Thank you to the rescuers who risk their lives in helping others.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Royal Highness

Just heartbreaking news!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

According to NOS, the plane picked up Constaijn in Brussels then continued to Innsbruck.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope the Prince makes a full recovery this is such devastating news to wake up to.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Johan Friso: Avalanche buries Dutch prince in Lech, Austria - Telegraph

What a horrible accident but what was he thinking - if true - when skiing off-piste??? People died during the last days in austrian resorts due to the conditions, there were closed slopes and warnings all over the place, why was he taking such a risk.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Shocking news! My thoughts are with the Prince and his family. I hope he will surprise us all and recover from this injuries.

I'm not sure if people are getting things mixed up or is Prince Friso's condition as bad as it seems. I mean, a vegetative state, brain dead and in a coma are not the same thing. Last I heard he was kept in a coma which if I understand right is pretty much a standard procedure when someone as received a skull injury and there's pressure in the brain. 15 minutes buried in the snow sounds bad but every case is different.

So, we never know. He might have a full recovery even though it seems bad right now. We have to have faith that things will get better.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Majesty

what does the duch media report
when will be the next press meating or is frisco a "privite" person and we will just get a news feed in a few days time
Old 02-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

The family is on the way to Austria, the plain just made a stop in Brussels and is now back on its way to Lech.

Live updates:
Google Vertaling
Old 02-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

The Dutch press is reporting all kinds of things, really. But mostly that he's in critical condition and might have a skull fraction. And that the doctors are reporting that he's stable but not out of the safe zone.

I really feel for the whole family, it's a terrible thing but come on man, he's an incredibly experienced skier. He should've known better. A Dutch skier died a day or two ago due to an avalanche for crying out loud. People who go off-piste in these kind of conditions are being hugely irresponsible.

But that aside, I hope he pulls through for his wife and daughter's sake. And if he pulls through, with minor injuries.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Is his wife with him & the queen at the hospital?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to several media reports Mabel and Beatrix are in the hospital.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Dutch Prince Johan Friso buried by avalanche
Dutch Prince Johan Friso buried by avalanche | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

All Things Royal @allthingsroyal According to NOS the plane with Willem-alexander & Constantijn has to land in St. Gallen-Alternhein, because of bad conditions in Innsbruck.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Courtier

I hope he pulls through without any complications. Very scary for the family and my thoughts are with him and his family for a good recovery.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

My heart goes out to the family, and my hope for the Prince's recovery.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
All Things Royal @allthingsroyal According to NOS the plane with Willem-alexander & Constantijn has to land in St. Gallen-Alternhein, because of bad conditions in Innsbruck.
How long is the drive to Innsbruck? I assume their wives are with them as reported or just the 2 princes?

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix