Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well "pulling the plug" does happen in the UK, sometimes even ordered by the courts against the wishes of parents of small children when there is no chance of "life".
Is it cases of children born for example anencephalic or with other birth defects of the brain or children injured in accidents?

Read yesterday that the prosecution in Austria decided not to open a case against Florian Moosbrugger, as he did nothing that could be seen as being responsible for causing the avalanche. Both Friso and he knew what they risked and it was an accident. He was a victim as much as Friso.

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2555258/

The article claims that the family Moosbrugger and the Dutch Royals are even closer now than they were before and that queen Beatrix was convinced from the beginning that Herr Moosbrugger while he was invoilved, did nothing to hurt the prince.

Last edited:
Perhaps, that is why they continued life support. So, if Herr Moosbrugger was found guilty of any misdoing, it would not be a manslaughter type of charge.

I really hope not, that would be so hard on the family! I don't know a thing about brain and brain damage. Does anyone know if there is a reasonable chance he wakes up one day?

His injury, which is requiring a ventilator to breathe for Friso, is consistent with Brain Death. He was deprived of oxygen for nearly an hour. Irreversible brain damage starts at 6 minutes. He's not going to wake up.

I think Scooter is right. There must be some reason they have tortured themselves in this matter.

Thank you for this clear answer. A very sad story!

A friend of mine in the Netherlands just posted on Facebook that National Geographic has announced the death of Prince Friso. I cannot confirm this via any other source and it apparently has yet to be announced in Dutch media, so I'm treating it very much as an unconfirmed rumor right now, but they are a reputable news source. No idea why they'd know first though.

My apologies if I shouldn't even have posted, but I wanted to share. I imagine if this is the case, we'll know soon.

The dutch 'rijksvoorlichtingsdienst' has denied that prince Friso has passed away (initially they 'didnt confirm' now that has changed to 'denied') and maintains that news of PF's condition will be announced when there's a significant change in his condition..

The dutch 'rijksvoorlichtingsdienst' has denied that prince Friso has passed away (initially they 'didnt confirm' now that has changed to 'denied') and maintains that news of PF's condition will be announced when there's a significant change in his condition..

Yup, my friend messaged me right after and let me know it has been declared a hoax. I deleted my original post.

Here is the story on the hoax if anyone is interested: Google Translate

What a terrible thing to print, if it is not true. Why would they do that?

I was under the impression that the announcement was via television, not a newspaper or magazine. Was this not the case?

I was under the impression that the announcement was via television, not a newspaper or magazine. Was this not the case?

yes, national geographic the tv-channel, technical error in showing this message on tv for several minutes before it was removed.....

yes, national geographic the tv-channel, technical error in showing this message on tv for several minutes before it was removed.....

All TV-stations with viewers that have an interest in the Dutch Royal family surely have their obituaries ready for transmission. It's not the first time something like this has happened. Human error, for sure.

National Geographic is a, fairly, decent publication, not prone to sensational stuff. Even, their TV Channel doesn't do the nonsense programing. Too bad this occurred. When it does happen, people will question the veracity.

Since we do not know the Prince's exact medical condition, there may be something, maybe minor brain activity, that is giving the family hope or keeping them from making any final decision.

People cling to hope - sometime that is all we have.

Since we do not know the Prince's exact medical condition, there may be something, maybe minor brain activity, that is giving the family hope or keeping them from making any final decision.
Nor do we know the family's views on when a person is to be considered dead, if they accept brain death or if they believe that a person is dead first when the heart stops beating. Just because a country has laws accepting brain death doesn't mean that everyone in that country thinks it's ok with "pulling the plug" when a person is brain dead.

His injury, which is requiring a ventilator to breathe for Friso, is consistent with Brain Death. He was deprived of oxygen for nearly an hour. Irreversible brain damage starts at 6 minutes. He's not going to wake up.

Exactly,not ever,and writing anything else is just that,a waste of time..
sad,but very true!Thanks Scooter,I like people who do talk sense,even if
its the saddest news.Truth first,no room for false emotions.Its all
sad enough as it is without that.

^ Thank you my dear Lucien (which BTW is my husband's grandfather's name). None the less, a tragedy for the family already, regardless of when he actually is taken off the life support. Poor wife, parents and children!

Must say I am very very moved,really am,by the news bulletin today by the RVD Government Information Service that as of late Prince Friso shows slight signs of conscousness,known as minimal conscousness.The prognoses however remains uncertain and it will take months to actually have more certainty.

It is an unusual step by the RVD to issue this statement as they've always stressed they would only bring out statements in case of significant changes.This is but a minor change,and still it moves...As the communique says...Nothing is certain yet on any real improvement,that will take many more months,for the RF,and for this forum.Experience hasit that situations like these alter for the worst sooner then for the best.Keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

Princess Mabel says that this is the most difficult period in her life but that her love for Friso,the support of the family,friends and all those who have shown they care carry her through this awfull time,and she thanks everyone wholeheartedly,again.

The news was issued one hour ago at 13.30PM local time,GMT+1

Last edited:
Prince shows signs of minimal consciousness

The Dutch Government Information Service just announced that Prince Friso shows occasional signs of minimal consciousness.
His doctors are still very worried about his situation and it can still take months before there is clarity about his future prospects.
Princess Mabel again thanked for all the support she is receiving.

I know he will never be the same Friso again but I am very happy for Prince Friso and his family.
A lot is still uncertain but I am much more hopeful now!!!:flowers:

I hope for him and his family that it will come to a good end. Today evening I will light a candle for them.

I just heard the news on the radio.
I hope that this is the beginning of more good news.

I am not so sure if this is good news actuallly. According to a neuro surgeon interviewed by the NOS, he didn't know of any case where a patient in this state actually woke up.

These movements are often reflexes and not a deliberate movement by choice of the person, in this case Prince Friso.

Sadly this is still a very tragic case, with no probable good outcome in the long run!

For Princess Mabel is must be tearing her up.... I feel so for her and of course the 2 girls (but then they probably dont really understand the implications - still too young). Obviously Queen Beatrix too, very hard for her...

Wish all much strength going forward.

i wonder what a state of minimal conciousness actually means. in any case, it obviously seems like an improvement although i guess it adds up to the uncertainty the family is suffering, particularly if they are debating taking him out of life support.

Let's pray it is the start of a beautiful improvement !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom