Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates...this and Chris Myers' (FOX Sports anchor and reporter) 19 year old son getting killed in a car accident. Made for a very sad day.

I have a feeling heads are going to roll for the hospital breech.

The human body is an amazing thing, so hopefully Friso will fully recover.

Blue_ said:
Just read he was brain dead? Hoping it's not true...

That is not true. If that was true they would have announced it by now. He is in medical induced coma and i'ts to early for the doctors to know how serious injured he is. All my thoughts and prayers to him and his family and may god give him the power he needs to recover from this.

Last edited:
Just read he was brain dead? Hoping it's not true...

Well so far according to the Dutch media and the official Dutch Royal family news site he isn't brain dead but he is kept in a artificial coma :sad: ( I don't know if this is the correct way to say it in English)

I am certainly not a medically minded person so maybe someone who is can give more information. If someone suffers from a lack of oxygen for 20 minutes what problems can occur as a result?

There was a very good explanation posted earlier - I don't remember which number it was - but even allowing for Google Translate's quirks it gave a detailed report of what to expect. As much as it is very hard to wait for news that's about all we can do now. It's a shame the press won't allow the family some privacy in what surely is a very emotional situation!

Well so far according to the Dutch media and the official Dutch Royal family news site he isn't brain dead but he is kept in a artificial coma :sad: ( I don't know if this is the correct way to say it in English)

elladora, you said it exactly correctly. It can be "artificial" or "medically induced." I had a niece who had severe brain seizures in her childhood and she was frequently placed in a medically induced coma to assist her recovery.

lucien, thank you for your updates.

I wish Prince Friso speedy recovery. It is extremely hard time for Her Majesty Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel.

Last edited:
If i undestand well we have fears in two levels.
1. His life.
2. The potential damages caused by the lack of oxygen.

I really hope Prince Johan Friso gets well soon.... My thoughts and prayers are with him and all his family!!

What shocking news; I can't even imagine what his family must be going through at such a terrible time, especially the Queen and Princess Mabel. My best wishes that the Prince recovers with minimal damage and hopefully the excellent care he's receiving will aid in his recovery.

Thank you all for your updates.

Last edited:
Dutch PM Mark Rutte has cancelled his wintersport holiday that was to start tomorrow due to the condition of Prince Friso.The PM wishes to remain in The Hague and follow anything regarding Friso up close as well as the contacts between him and Her Majesty.

News bulletin this afternoon,in German:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/globale-paginas/taalrubrieken/deutsch/pressemitteilungen/

In english:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/globale-paginas/taalrubrieken/english/news/

And in Dutch:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/

Last edited:
That's terrible news :sad: I hope the prince will recover fully!

If he survives, and we hope that he does, then it's almost a certainty the prince will have sustained an ABI to some level. Though to what degree can only be determined after any swelling on the brain has subsided which is generally why an induced coma is observed for the initial 72 or so hours.

It will be a grueling wait for many; not least of all his family.

Lucien, I hope you did not cancel your holidays too to keep the Royal Forums informed? Thanks for your work.MO

Touching images of the Queen and Princess Mabel arriving with their arms around each other. My heart is sad for the whole family and they will stay in my thoughts and prayers in these coming days.

Thank you to Muhler and Lucien for explaining the effects caused by lack of oxygen on the brain it is most appreciated.

I'm sort of surprised the government is allowing WA to travel to Austria. I'm sure he wants to see his brother and support his family, but I would think his advisers would want to keep him safe on the ground in the Netherlands.

for the love of God, there is no war in Austria! He just wishes to be by his brother's bedside. How does that constitute any danger to his safety and is therefore unwise on the part of the Dutch government and his advisers?

All we can do to help is pray. I for one will add the Prince to my prayers.

Some people have no mercy for the plight of anyone, commoner or royal. Just 'doing their job' for some quick cash. Whitney Houston's funeral is on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and HNL. Originally, her family wanted a 'private, invitation only' wake and funeral service. Once again, the media fought their way in. It never changes. Disgusting!

Alexey 1904 said:
Some people have no mercy for the plight of anyone, commoner or royal. Just 'doing their job' for some quick cash. Whitney Houston's funeral is on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and HNL. Originally, her family wanted a 'private, invitation only' wake and funeral service. Once again, the media fought their way in. It never changes. Disgusting!

Of course! As far as they earn money the will never give up.

My prayers to him & his family.. hope he will get well soon.

Queen Noor´s Tweets:
My thoughts and prayers are with HM Queen Beatrix and the family of Prince Johan Friso

@MabelvanOranje thinking of you and praying for all your family.

I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the media about covering Whitney Houston's funeral. The family had planned to set up a big screen outside the church so those who wanted to be at the church could watch what was going on inside.

However, that does not excuse photogs from photographing and Dutch RF.

Prince Friso

Dutch Royal buried in avalanche in Austria?

I just heard on the BBC News that a member of the Dutch Royal Family has been killed in a avalanche in Austria.I hope I heard this correctly,it was just on breaking news!
Don't you mean you hope you heard that INCORRECTLY?

it finally showed on my country's TV station. i thought why they didnt show anything until now, guess they were late in receiving the news!

Her Majesty & Princess Mabel arriving at the hospital
It's touching to see the Queen and Princess Mabel together, it speaks volumes about the seriousness of the situation! Protocol has gone out of the window and so has the usual royal habit of keeping the stiff upper lip no matter what! In stead we see two human beings, a wife and a mother caring and comforting one another in the worst hours of their lives! Beatrix and Mabel are unwittingly showing the world what really matters in life!
They know that they are powerless and their true worthiness as human beings shine through!
These few glimpses from Innsbruck will be stored in my inner royal gallery for years to come!
Still hoping that Johan Friso will pull through this ordeal with his faculties intact.

Viv

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mabel, Nicoline (Mabel's sister) and Prince Constantijn were with Friso his evening.

Patience is what we all need now. Hoping during this time period while he is in an induced coma that the hospital give updates - even just to say that all his vital signs are good. That is blood pressure and heart rate etc. These updates should keep us all informed and quiet. And now with so many of us from so many different religions, if we all say our prayers for Johan and family he should pull through.
Perhaps on Monday they might start to reduce the medications to bring him out of the induced coma, depending on his vital signs. We may find out more by Monday evening. Hopefully.

I found the video of the Queen with Mabel's arm around her was touching, it says to me that NOTHING is more important than family, royal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom