Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what does the duch media report
when will be the next press meating or is frisco a "privite" person and we will just get a news feed in a few days time

The family is on the way to Austria, the plain just made a stop in Brussels and is now back on its way to Lech.

Live updates:
Google Vertaling

The Dutch press is reporting all kinds of things, really. But mostly that he's in critical condition and might have a skull fraction. And that the doctors are reporting that he's stable but not out of the safe zone.

I really feel for the whole family, it's a terrible thing but come on man, he's an incredibly experienced skier. He should've known better. A Dutch skier died a day or two ago due to an avalanche for crying out loud. People who go off-piste in these kind of conditions are being hugely irresponsible.

But that aside, I hope he pulls through for his wife and daughter's sake. And if he pulls through, with minor injuries.

Is his wife with him & the queen at the hospital?

According to several media reports Mabel and Beatrix are in the hospital.

I hope he pulls through without any complications. Very scary for the family and my thoughts are with him and his family for a good recovery.

My heart goes out to the family, and my hope for the Prince's recovery.

Austrian paper "KUrier" reports that the prince went skiing with a friend, a hotel director of Lech. Both were covered by the avalanche but the friend had a ski-airbag which the prince didn't have. Thus the airbag pulled him up and he was able to alarm the rescue team. Within the next twenty minutes 4 alpine policemen, 11 mountain resuce servicemen plus helpers from the ski schools of the area arrived along with a doctor in a helicopter.

A local said that they were thankful the frantic search action of this group of rescue staff did not lead to another avalanche and that anybody who goes skiing off-slope at the moment is not only risking his own life but that of the resuce helpers as well.

How long is the drive to Innsbruck? I assume their wives are with them as reported or just the 2 princes?
It's about 200 km long. But maybe they will fly with the helicopter. THe roads in Vorlarlberg are bit of a mess right now.
Edit: NOS reported that they will go with the helicopter to Innsbruck.

Last edited:
I hope you better soon. Health, luck be with the Prince.

Oh my God! So terrible! All my thoughts to him and his family, especially the two little girls.

Just saw it on the news, it's absolutely devastating and I can't imagine what the family must be going through, I hope he'll be alright and my thoughts are with the family and especially Princess Mabel and their girls.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Mabel, his daughters, his mother, Queen Beatrix and the rest of the royal family. Hope he will make full recovery.

From AP

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, in comments carried by NOS radio, said he had told the queen and the prince's wife that "the whole Dutch people sympathizes with them very intensely."
"The situation is that the prince is stable, but his life not yet out of danger, and (in) the coming days, the expectation is that further prognoses will follow."
"There's nothing more (to say) than that the best doctors are there," he said. "Austria naturally has very good medical care, we are fully confident in them — but further we really just have to wait."

I wish him well, and I hope that Mabel and the girls have the support they need.

I just saw it on the news! Hope everything will go well

please, just because there was the skiing accident, austria is save
he will not be skiing today I guess - an even then, if he stays on the slopes nothing will happen. sty on the ground

I'm not suggesting that Austria isn't safe. I'm just surprised that the Dutch government is comfortable having the head of state and several of her immediate heirs traveling out of the country all at once.

This is terrible ! All my thoughts and prayers to Prince Friso and his wife and kids and to the entire royal family in their difficult time.

I'm just surprised that the Dutch government is comfortable having the head of state and several of her immediate heirs traveling out of the country all at once.

It's a family holiday, you can't really have one of those without all the family. Most, if not all, the reigning royal families holiday together out of their own country.

Nonsense.No-one can keep him from flying to see his brother and sister in law let alone his mother in this situation.The Family stands together always.No adviser with an overrated salary needed to tell him what to do in this.He decides and the PM is responsible for all actions of Members in line to the Throne.He will have happily given the Prince his consent to fly to Austria..It's not that it's a country at war,it's just snow locally.

I just think it's a risk policy to allow the Crown Prince, his children, Prince Constantijn, and his children all board the same plane, especially when the Queen is already out of the country.

I'm not judging the safety of Austria or the will of the Crown Prince, just the riskiness of having everyone on the same plane. After the whole family was sitting on the same bus during the Queen's day attack, I'd have thought they be more careful about such things.

What is very striking tho is the enormous outpoor of sympathy and affection towards the prince,HM and the entire RF at this difficult moment.Truly remarkeble,and not...we always stand with them be it in happy moments,or in grief and despair,but we are all united in hope for recovery.

Events like this seem to have that effect on people.

How is the mood on the street and the coverage in the media in the Netherlands tonight?

I can easily imagine the media coverage where they have mobilized every imaginable expert to say something, - anything.
And gangs of camera crews roaming the streets asking everyone and everything what they feel.
- Or is the coverage actually dignified?

What is the word on the street? Are everyone talking about the same thing or is it a general "let's hope the best" and then quietly moving on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom