Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prayers are with Prince Friso, hope he makes a full recovery!

this is horrible news. i hope we will get an update soon.

he can die? I don0t undestad well. he is a grave situation? poor beatrix and family!

This is Such sad news, hoping the best for Friso and his family.

Wishing for the best for him and his family.

It's very sad news, I hope with the help of all his loved ones he can be better.

I thought it looked too extreme with the original title and changed it that way.

Yes thanks for changing that,at the time I heard it on the new I thought I heard them say killed as TV was on low.

I was in shock when I heard this. let's hope he will not end being in a vegetative state! That his brain will not be so damaged!

My prayers go to him, his wife, daughters and mother.

Hoping that Johan Friso will pull through!

all the best
Viv

Has there been a press conference yet? What is the latest update?

Very sad news. I heard in on TV and just couldn't believe it. I hope and pray that Prince Friso will recover. This must be really heartbreaking for his family. I am sure they will support each other in this difficult time. We just have to pray and wait.

I was in shock when I heard this. let's hope he will not end being in a vegetative state! That his brain will not be so damaged!

My prayers go to him, his wife, daughters and mother.

I read he had cerebral dead, I hope this not true

Even in the worst cases , there have alaways been miracles.I hope he will survive.

A few more details.

When Prince Friso was buried by the avalanche, the alarm went out. A helicopter arrived either with or along side a rescue team.
They were told that one had been buried and formed a line. Because Johan Friso wore a beeper, the rescue team was able to find him within 20 minutes.
A doctor started treating him the moment he was found.

Doctors at the hospital have been quoted for saying that it will be a few days before thay can come out with a prognosis.

- That's an impressive short response time by any standard!
But a scull fracture combined with the weight of half a metre of snow? And the fact that the doctors only declare him stable but critical, and there is no mentioning of him being consious. - That does sound like a coma.
I fear there is every reason for pessimism, not so much that he might die but rather that he might suffer from some sort of brain damage.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with Prince Friso and his family. What a terrible thing to happen.

This news is a great shock and my thoughts and prayers are with Friso, Mabel, the children and Her Majesty. Friso is fit and strong and I hope with all my heart that his condition stabalizes and that he will be recovering soon. Willem will be a great source of strength for them all when he arrives in Austria.

Thank you to everyone for keeping us all up to date and providing information as it comes. Let us all unite in our hopes for Johan.

These are quite sad and shocking news. My prayers are with him and his family.

Last edited:
Hoping that he will make a full recovery from this accident. Thank you to the rescuers who risk their lives in helping others.

According to NOS, the plane picked up Constaijn in Brussels then continued to Innsbruck.

I hope the Prince makes a full recovery this is such devastating news to wake up to.

Shocking news! My thoughts are with the Prince and his family. I hope he will surprise us all and recover from this injuries.

I'm not sure if people are getting things mixed up or is Prince Friso's condition as bad as it seems. I mean, a vegetative state, brain dead and in a coma are not the same thing. Last I heard he was kept in a coma which if I understand right is pretty much a standard procedure when someone as received a skull injury and there's pressure in the brain. 15 minutes buried in the snow sounds bad but every case is different.

So, we never know. He might have a full recovery even though it seems bad right now. We have to have faith that things will get better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom