The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Agreed, and this is precisely why I made post 1378.
Yes, and exactly why I responded.

Glad you agree with us, RoyalistBert!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

Using this thread for cheap pop at other posters is not needed.

What royalistbert said.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Goodness has it been a year already. I would never have thought it. This is a nice gesture to hold a service. I will think of him and his family on this anniversary. I often think of their situation and how difficult it is for the family as dear Friso is not really living nor has he passed away. Just stuck in limbo. I would love to see a miracle happen here. One can only just keep a little faith I guess.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope this bring them comfort. They carry a great burden, but because of their , obvious, love for one another they lighten each others load. I wish them peace.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I read on another website that the RVD have announced that the royal family will not be attending the church service as had previously been believed. They will however still go ahead with the planned photoshoot.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Majesty

A year to the day today since the avalange,Lech has not forgotten Friso.
A candle and a picture of Prince Friso at the Old Church
as Lech remembers the Prince.

Cookies op de websites van RTL Nederland

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1420918

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1422289

Courtesy Robin Utrecht.

Also,it turns out that contrary to what was thought before the avalange didn't drag Friso along for 200 meters,but for at least an estimated 500 meters.This was revealed in the annual Austrian Avalange Emergency reports.That is a considerable difference in term of chances of survival....200 meters is difficult,but 500 meters...The body gets so shaken..if one can call it that,surviving that is close to impossible.And seen the damage it has caused....It is.Too awfull.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't believe it, that it is now one year ago. My prayers are still with him and his family. May soon his condition improve and a miracle happen!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I had to make the hard decision that faces this family. So difficult. Thoughts and prayers with them today.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Principessa: I can't believe it either. I thought Friso would recover quicker than this; I pray that he recovers some time this year. The Dutch Royals (especially Beatrix, Mabel and her children) must be having a sad time at the moment.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

It will take a miracle for Friso to recover - now is the time to be realistic and consider the impact on the family, especially the children.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but he is not with them and he probably will never really be with them again.

How can they ever live a full life?

Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It will take a miracle for Friso to recover - now is the time to be realistic and consider the impact on the family, especially the children.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but he is not with them and he probably will never really be with them again.

How can they ever live a full life?
I hope that doesn't happen . I'm thinking about my previous post and agree with you now, that it would take a miracle for the Prince to recover this year. But I do hope that he eventually recovers, if it's this year, next year, the year after that, or later. I never thought about this before, but this thread is actually very serious!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I hope that doesn't happen . I'm thinking about my previous post and agree with you now, that it would take a miracle for the Prince to recover this year. But I do hope that he eventually recovers, if it's this year, next year, the year after that, or later. I never thought about this before but this thread is very serious!
Yes it is, very serious. My view is that his family are living a half life; the man they love will not return. If a miracle happens, Friso will not be the same. This is living in limbo.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree with you about the fact that if he wakes up, Friso will be different. It will be difficult for his wife and children, and all of the Dutch Royal Family, I think.
Join my new group!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Yes it is, very serious. My view is that his family are living a half life; the man they love will not return. If a miracle happens, Friso will not be the same. This is living in limbo.
I certainly take objection to someone else's life is being called "half" because their circumstances are challenging. We have no inherent right to a perfect life. Our lives are full if we accept the challenges we are given and rejoice in the fact we are alive, have families and/or friends that we can share love and tears with.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Serene Highness

The longer someone is in a comatose state, the less likely it is that the person will have some type of recovery or even wake up from the coma. Unless a person can verbalize or communicate to people around them what's going on (whether they feel pain) it's really hard to tell then whether they are aware of what is going on.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Courtier

I really do believe that if he were to regain consciousness he would be totally helpless and bedridden forever. Is that a life? By this time many muscles would have atrophied and I'm sure his organs would never be able to function normally. Not a pleasant prospect at all.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

I am sorry to say that the possibility of a good ending here is virtually nil at this point. Yes, "miracles" do happen, but not this far out, and it's a false hope at this point.

I agree that this state of limbo must be a hell on earth for his wife and daughters and there needs to be closure. JMHO, of course, and his family may see it differently and I respect that.

I do have the feeling that if Mabel decides to terminate supports, if she can legally given his condition, it will be done after Beatrix leaves the throne, so she has the ability to grieve fully in private.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I certainly take objection to someone else's life is being called "half" because their circumstances are challenging. We have no inherent right to a perfect life. Our lives are full if we accept the challenges we are given and rejoice in the fact we are alive, have families and/or friends that we can share love and tears with.
I respect your opinion and I think you should respect alternatives. It all sounds lovely the way you describe it but Friso cannot take on any of the challenges you mention. Tthe children don't have a father, his wife is watching daily as her husband is fading further away and his mother, brothers and wider family are helpless. It is an act of charity to empathise with the issues they face.

People need to be realistic not just about the life that totally relies on support, but the impact on others.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I am sorry to say that the possibility of a good ending here is virtually nil at this point. Yes, "miracles" do happen, but not this far out, and it's a false hope at this point.

I agree that this state of limbo must be a hell on earth for his wife and daughters and there needs to be closure. JMHO, of course, and his family may see it differently and I respect that.

I do have the feeling that if Mabel decides to terminate supports, if she can legally given his condition, it will be done after Beatrix leaves the throne, so she has the ability to grieve fully in private.
I agree fully with what you say about Beatrix. I'm sure that Friso's condition is part of her reason to abdicate. It is so v difficult for all the family.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do not know if Beatrix is going to abdicate because of Friso. Perhaps, that is true or it was planned and it is time. He is severly brained damaged and, I, believe, does not breathe on his own and half life is a nice term, but not even that. Sorry, Grevinnan, he doesn't have a half live, he has no life and his family lives in a nether world of pain, which you, perhaps, no concept of. A world where he deteriorates each day and little is left of the man they once knew and loved. Miracles happen, but I think not here.

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix