The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
To whom it may concern: as of yet I have seen no Italian magazines or tabloids publish pictures of the Dutch Royal Family visiting Prince Friso. Only DIVA mag had an old photo of Friso and his family skiing in Lech.
It' s a shame that such a bright brilliant young man has had such a bad accident. He is the only one amongst his bothers that reminds me of Queen Juliana: not only is he resemblant with his grandmother but he must have inherited her brightness and sense of humor, which made her so popular in our country. On the contrary Queen Beatrix has never enjoyed as much populatity has her Mom did here.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, why the pictures?

Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Queen Margrethe has been interviewed by Billed Bladet, while skiing in Norway and this is what she had to say about Prince Friso:

Prince Friso is also a topic and QMII says: "It's dreadful what happened. It's a terrible tragedy. It doesn't look good. It's so tragic for the whole family, I think. You can only hope for,... no, I don't even know what to hope for now".

Q: Do you know him?
QMII: "Not frightfully well, but I do know the whole family and I know exactly how old they are. The oldest is born the year before my boys, and then the three Dutch Princes come, like one two three.....".

Not for nothing, but I think it's cute how Queen Margrethe refers to Frederik and Joachim as "my boys", like they were still little ones, not grown men with children of their own now. It's sweet.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Yes, it is sweet and serves as further proof that they are families not much different than the rest of us
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness

Royal families really aren't that much different than your average family as far as life goes. The only difference is their family life is more on display and they have much more wealth than you're average family.

Royal mothers and fathers worry about their children, are concerned when their children are having difficulties, and rejoice when they child achieves a milestone.

Even when their children are adults, they still worry about them. That will never change. Of course, this is something that they would keep within themselves or within the family, not something they would talk about at length to others.

The press should lay off of them and only report on the story if something changes. The children of Prince Friso should be left alone. An average person whose family member was severely injured while skiing wouldn't have the press hounding them every day.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
The press should lay off of them and only report on the story if something changes. The children of Prince Friso should be left alone. An average person whose family member was severely injured while skiing wouldn't have the press hounding them every day.
I think thats already the case. The pictures are from the first days at Wellington Hospital, when Queen Beatrix came to visit. I dont think we will see much more of it unless there is a new development.

The photographers outside only do their job, take pictures to sell them to magazines that will print them because there is a market for royal stories. Not necessarily in Britain (they are only interested in their own royals) but in continental Europe. The Dutch lay off, therefore I believe the pictures were a one-off after Friso's transfer.

By the way, british tabloids are die-hard and so are their readers in comparison to some continental european countries, there are much worse photos of celebrities or royals in the moral-emotional sense that are put on the front page, no bad concience there.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

You know, curiosty killed the cat, so to speak. As long as there are buyers, there will be sellers.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I keep checking in with this thread to see if there's updated news on Friso's condition, but don't care to look at pictures of the family. I really don't want to look at their grieving faces - I find it intrusive on what is ultimately a private matter for them. As always, my best wishes go out to them in this time of great difficulty and sorrow.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I keep checking in with this thread to see if there's updated news on Friso's condition, but don't care to look at pictures of the family. I really don't want to look at their grieving faces - I find it intrusive on what is ultimately a private matter for them. As always, my best wishes go out to them in this time of great difficulty and sorrow.
Well said Baroness, I feel exactly the same way. I keep checking to see if there is some positive update, and find myself depressed all over again with the status quo. I will continue to pray for a miracle for Prince Friso.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books
I could not agree more!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, there are lots of us still holding this family in our thoughts and prayers daily.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh yes and I'd love to get news...this silence is deafening....
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Courtier

There will be no news.
Only if there is some change in the situation.
At the moment the situation is critical but stable, as it was from the beginning
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Administrator

I would imagine that there would be no new news. The doctors at the clinic are probably doing all they can to make Friso comfortable and do medical examinations to see if anything can be done to improvie his condition. Though based on what the previous doctors said....I don't think that is the case.

I believe Queen Margrethe summed it up perfectly...at this point you don't know what to hope for. You hope that he gets better but there is no guarantee. You hope the family finds peace but at what cost....if Friso is in a coma and most likely will never awaken, or able to function in any capacity...do you hope that they have the strength to let him live like that the rest of their lives....so they are grieving but not truly grieving...because there might be a glimmer of potential miracle...or do you hope they have the strength to let him go?

I lost my sister unexpectedly three years ago and my family didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye and not a day goes by that we don't think about her. But would I want her to be in a state of limbo? I don't know. Many members in this very thread have discussed how they dealt with their situations...it doesn't sound like an easy answer. But neither is death.

People used to say to us that it will easier. And I never understood it until it did. It sounds crazy but it boils down to this. It still hurts just not as much. So the pain is a little easier. You still miss your loved one, you still cry at the drop of the hat but its not the constant crying and depression (though to be honest I think I literally went thru the mostions of life for like a YEAR!). Anyone who has lost a loved one probably understands what I am talking about...just a little at least.

I pray that Friso's family finds some sort of peace. I dont' envy them at all.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Commoner

I also check in here for any news, because I am hurting for the family. I lost my son 3 1/2 years ago, he was slightly younger than Prince Friso but I understand the pain this family is feeling, and I think about them all the time.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Aristocracy

I also keep checking in regularly, hoping and hoping that there might be some good news. The family is constantly in my thoughts and also in my prayers.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Serene Highness

Every couple of days or so I come to this web site to see if there is any change or update on Prince Friso's condition. Although I don't know him personally, I feel bad for him and his family, especially his children. I keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Today's edition of Point de Vue.

http://www.pointdevue.fr/pointdevue-en_couverture
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Basically, nothing has changed and, probably, won't. This is an awful time, no place for closure or mourning, just endless grief.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

He's been comatose for nearly a month. I'm not a doctor, and I certainly don't pretend to be, but that's not a good sign. I wish for closure and peace for his family, in whatever form it takes.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix