The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14
more photos ????
Why? Photos at such a horrible time are not needed. This family should be left alone now.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why? Photos at such a horrible time are not needed. This family should be left alone now.
really...i don't know that..thank you

Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Physically alone: Yes. But in our thoughts they should never ever be alone.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Physically alone: Yes. But in our thoughts they should never ever be alone.
They will never be alone principessa,if you feel to share your symphaty with the Dutch RF,you can all use this e-mail address:

adhesie@dkh.nl

Dutch in shock over fate of Prince Friso - News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL

courtesy hja
Old 02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Nobility

thanks for all
Old 02-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Friso's companion was in training for avalanche rescue work, and had been working with the heavy equipment. Prince Friso chose not to wear the heavy equipment (which changes the way one skis and takes practice to get used to). People go outside piste every day all over the world, and without those bags.

Hindsight is 20/20.

The news is not good, and again, all we can do is continue to send loving energy toward the family and the prince. It is a very serious situation, but as there is now more information, perhaps the family's stress has eased. Waiting for news (good or bad) is a terrible situation.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

There are media reports about a mishap during the re-animation of Friso in the helicopter - the battery went flat because of the cold and had to be recharged while manual heart massage continuted the attempts to bring him back to life.
Prinz Friso: Panne im Rettungs-Heli?

Other articles
DutchNews.nl - Prince Friso unlikely to be cared for in the Netherlands
Prince Friso, a ski accident and the terrible trauma facing the Dutch royal family - Europe, World News - Independent.ie
Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
There are media reports about a mishap during the re-animation of Friso in the helicopter - the battery went flat because of the cold and had to be recharged while manual heart massage continuted the attempts to bring him back to life.

Other articles
Prince Friso, a ski accident and the terrible trauma facing the Dutch royal family - Europe, World News - Independent.ie

duke, please stop quoting papers like oe24 - they are quoting bild.de and sorry, but that is all beyond deceny. just don´t give them the feeling of doing right by not looking at these pages.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

It is such a tragic and "stupid" event! I mean he did not catch a cancer or another sickness! It happened while skiing, and he has been skiing since his childhood!
The Dutch RF looked so happy, so united.
Everything was said! Nothing more to say. I still wish the best to him, whatever God decides that is this best.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Other articles
Thank you, Your Grace. I just wanted to post as well about the abundance of vulturism that is shown on a Google News search in either Germany or Austria about the prince.

It is terrible and the article about the problem at the helicopter is just the beginning... Much worse and really unpleasant speculation about the prince's future...

BTW - does it really matter if they used mechanical or manual reanimation when it finally worked to get his heart back to beating?

OTOH I personally would be interested to know if they really could reanimate him so his heart beat on his own or if on (successless) reanimation they used the machinery at the clinic to "stabilize" the prince?
I mean - was he already dead and they used medical machinery to revive the body but couldn't revive the person/spirit -call it what you will...

(While I write this my son's rescue beeper started to beep... as he is away working somebody else has to go out on another rescue mission - please include all rescue workers and the people they day after day after day try to help in your prayers as well).

Only interesting thing for me was that the Arlberg region is still going to promote its image as "off-piste and deep snow paradise" - did anyone think they would change that or even stop talking about that till next season?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Commoner

It so sad, they say he may never wake up. I really do feel for his dear wife Princess Mabel and little girls, Countess Emma and Countess Joanna, I really do hope he makes it.They are such nice people the Dutch royal family, you just can't believe it's happened to them. It just goes to show how fragile life really is. The whole family is in my preys.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
No dear Kataryn,it is not bad.What is bad?His present state of vegetation,that is inhuman.So yes,as awfull and sad as it is,I do hope his Maker will call him home,soon.This is no life,it is only uncertainty.And to be very frank: It was Insane in the first place to have that overzealous over 50 minutes resuscitation in the first place.Emotionally yes,I do understand,but really,it doesn't,and it didn't,make any sense.One useally stops at about say 20 minutes,never longer and if there isn't any sign of life then,then it won't be so ever.This,this is of a inhumanly deep tragedy to all involved,Friso most,only suffer,while those with full awareness,his beloved ones,suffer incredible cruel times no-one wishes for anyone to be in.I am sorry,and I am not,but this is my stance.What happened is that his wife and mother were kept to believing,given hope,and then disaster blew in for the 2nd time within a week,but more intense,no return to good old days,no return to a loving Friso and his beautifull three girls,no more chats and affection between Friso and His Mother,his siblings,anyone he ever cared for.There is just this ordeal,that lasts as long as it does,and no-body knows how long that will be.I am very very sorry indeed,realy really am.But safe this man from this ordeal,and in doing so,safe his beloved family from it too.It is too cruel.

Maybe another thread concerning the present state and ongoing moments can be put in instead of this,initial,thread on Prince Friso's ordeal.Too many if and buts here still.Let it be.Nothing will change soon.And ongoing discussions on what might be possible under Dutch law or not do not really fit in this initial thread,and besides that,the law is very strict,very,it is not as easy as one two three,the more so as the Prince isn't known to have that arranged for as thousands of fellow compatriots have.Whatever is the case elsewhere,it is not here so it doesn't make much sense to keep repeating all the same over and over,sorry,but that doesn;t make any sense at all.We have our laws and possibilities and act accordingly if need be in due time.NOT that there is any mentioning or anything going on in that frame at present at all,there is not.

I truly deeply hope for Friso to be called home to His Maker.And I burn a candle for him and all his family to guide them through these most awfull of times.
What a strange post I must say. So you'll burn a candle (?) for him in order to see him dead? Do you know if Prince Friso is in extreme OR intractable pain? I am sure you don't. Did someone tell you that Friso has reached the point at which his body can no longer support life? You don't. So this kind of futile or "loving" wishes for his "end" should never exist.

Is he terminally ill? No, Friso is brain damaged and is in coma. All of his other bodily functions are essentially normal, so praise the Lord (the Maker, as you called Him) because this human being still have chances to get better.

I am glad Prince Friso is still alive. IMO every moment of the Prince's life is intrinsically valuable and his life itself is never futile. Never. Yes, maybe many here won't post again about Friso' current royal events... it doesnt mean he is not valuable anymore.

Trully sad when so Many here decided that Friso is useless. My words are "cruel", right? Then again, we must ask ourselves when we view images of cognitively impaired patients, whether the pain that we feel is for the patient (or the family's) or whether it is our own... It is our own thoughts of the horror of a life without cognition that leads us to project that pain onto Friso who may not be suffering at all.

I'm struly sorry for all this, and I'm praying for the prince and his family, so may God's will be done.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if we are going to get more info unless something marvellous or horrible happens of course. Such a pity because we CARE for them !
Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
What a strange post I must say. So you'll burn a candle (?) for him in order to see him dead? Do you know if Prince Friso is in extreme OR intractable pain? I am sure you don't. Did someone tell you that Friso has reached the point at which his body can no longer support life? You don't. So this kind of futile or "loving" wishes for his "end" should never exist.....
It sure isn't an easy subject.

(Corrected) Prince Friso is deeply unconscious and helpless. It's not very likely he will ever wake up, let alone recover just reasonably well.
These are the facts that I form my opinion from.

I hope he will find peace, one way or another.
Miracles do happen, the odds are very much against that. He may even be able to live a reasonable meaningful life, the odds are even higher against that.
Science continue to make progress and who knows, the doctors may be able to help at some point. - In 20 years from now? 30 years? 40?
In the meantime he is lying there. Undead. - I'm aware of the connotations, but how else to describe the state he is in.

Just as important to me are the considerations to his family.
What hurts more? That Friso dies now and visiting his grave in the decades to come? Or to visit him in a clinic year after year, decade after decade?
How old is his wife? About 40 or so? She's still reasonably young. - At some point she should get on with her life. At some point she's likely to meet another man and find love again. Should she then divorce Prince Friso, who is lying in the clinic? When can she allow herself to divorce Prince Friso or even allow herself to live openly with a new man in her life?

Then there are his children. If he wakes up in say 25 years from now (pending miracles) and is able to interact with the world around him. He will be a stranger to them. A man they remember from their early childhood and someone they visited a couple of times a week, but not a father-figure. That role will have been filled by someone else, a relative or a friend of the family. He will have to get to know his children all over again and it won't be the same.

There are times when I believe it's more merciful to let people die, perhaps not so much for the person in a coma, (they are hopefully not suffering) but more so for those dear to him.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

To Muhler ,
We will never know he exact issue of this tragic Event, this is private.

I feel so sorry for the Dutch Royals which life will be for always changed. Living or not they lost Prince Friso for ever.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
To Muhler ,
We will never know he exact issue of this tragic Event, this is private.

I feel so sorry for the Dutch Royals which life will be for always changed. Living or not they lost Prince Friso for ever.
No, we don't.

We can only form an opinion based on what we know and how we feel ourselves. - And hope we will never end in up in a similar situation as Prince Friso's family ourselves.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
As I understand it Friso has an irreversably braindamage. He is in a state of deep coma from which, he is likely to never wake up from and even if he did....
He is held alive by machines.
These are the facts that I form my opinion from.
The statement released by the doctors told us that the MRI shows that he has severe brain damage and no where was it ever mentioned that he was on life support. They are unsure at this point if he will ever wake up from the coma but did state that if he did, rehabilitation could take months and even years. It all depends on which parts of the brain are damaged as to how it would affect him I imagine.

We simply do not know what the outcome will be nor do the doctors. Right now it looks like the family is seeking out a rehabilitation clinic to move him to which most likely specializes in these kinds of injuries.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
And hope we will never end in up in a similar situation as Prince Friso's family ourselves.
That it why is so important to think about such a situation. With the advancement of medical possibilities, it is possible to help the body survive even under such conditions.

I find I'm at the moment not well enough informed about what medicine can do at present and where it will go from here.But I feel I need to know more to be able to form my own opinion about what I one day want to have done with me or not.

I tried to find more information and on reading found myself at once in a war between modern machinery medicine, life-protectors, activists for the right to choose. anti- and pro-organ donorship.... Uugh...

So that's not where the answer can lie, so many possibilities, so many opinions and no one knows what the people responsible then if such a situation comes up will think, ask, do.

Where do I stand in all this? I can only form my opinion now and be okay with the idea that in another situation I might think differently, but that's all.

It helps if you believe in rebirth or that there is something else after death, I believe. But still, it's a decision that should be made by me and then my nearest and dearest should feel they act according to I would want - and most of all I would want to spare them (and me) any such situation! I personally always would prefer a fast death and done with me. But then I have to say I am curious: what's next, then?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The statement released by the doctors told us that the MRI shows that he has severe brain damage and no where was it ever mentioned that he was on life support. They are unsure at this point if he will ever wake up from the coma but did state that if he did, rehabilitation could take months and even years. It all depends on which parts of the brain are damaged as to how it would affect him I imagine.

We simply do not know what the outcome will be nor do the doctors. Right now it looks like the family is seeking out a rehabilitation clinic to move him to which most likely specializes in these kinds of injuries.
You are right.
I don't know why I was thinking he was still in a coma.
Whatever, he is deeply uncounscious and will very likely never to wake up.
He is in a state where he is completly helpless.
Whether he is supported by machines or "just" dependent on nurses, really doesn't make that much difference to me, if he is likely never to wake up, let alone recover.

(I'll correct a couple of, ahem, minor details in my previous post).
Old 02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Courtier

What I understood from the neurologist-intensivist Kuiper who gave explication at the press-conference the prince is on life support at the IC.
He suggested last Fryday that the prince if he could breath on his own could soon leave the IC.
This morning, monday the prince was still at the IC (this according to Austrian news)

Source: de Telegraaf Dossier prins Friso

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix