Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To whom it may concern: as of yet I have seen no Italian magazines or tabloids publish pictures of the Dutch Royal Family visiting Prince Friso. Only DIVA mag had an old photo of Friso and his family skiing in Lech.
It' s a shame that such a bright brilliant young man has had such a bad accident. He is the only one amongst his bothers that reminds me of Queen Juliana: not only is he resemblant with his grandmother but he must have inherited her brightness and sense of humor, which made her so popular in our country. On the contrary Queen Beatrix has never enjoyed as much populatity has her Mom did here.

Queen Margrethe has been interviewed by Billed Bladet, while skiing in Norway and this is what she had to say about Prince Friso:

Prince Friso is also a topic and QMII says: "It's dreadful what happened. It's a terrible tragedy. It doesn't look good. It's so tragic for the whole family, I think. You can only hope for,... no, I don't even know what to hope for now".

Q: Do you know him?
QMII: "Not frightfully well, but I do know the whole family and I know exactly how old they are. The oldest is born the year before my boys, and then the three Dutch Princes come, like one two three.....".

Not for nothing, but I think it's cute how Queen Margrethe refers to Frederik and Joachim as "my boys", like they were still little ones, not grown men with children of their own now. It's sweet.

Yes, it is sweet and serves as further proof that they are families not much different than the rest of us

Royal families really aren't that much different than your average family as far as life goes. The only difference is their family life is more on display and they have much more wealth than you're average family.

Royal mothers and fathers worry about their children, are concerned when their children are having difficulties, and rejoice when they child achieves a milestone.

Even when their children are adults, they still worry about them. That will never change. Of course, this is something that they would keep within themselves or within the family, not something they would talk about at length to others.

The press should lay off of them and only report on the story if something changes. The children of Prince Friso should be left alone. An average person whose family member was severely injured while skiing wouldn't have the press hounding them every day.

The press should lay off of them and only report on the story if something changes. The children of Prince Friso should be left alone. An average person whose family member was severely injured while skiing wouldn't have the press hounding them every day.

I think thats already the case. The pictures are from the first days at Wellington Hospital, when Queen Beatrix came to visit. I dont think we will see much more of it unless there is a new development.

The photographers outside only do their job, take pictures to sell them to magazines that will print them because there is a market for royal stories. Not necessarily in Britain (they are only interested in their own royals) but in continental Europe. The Dutch lay off, therefore I believe the pictures were a one-off after Friso's transfer.

By the way, british tabloids are die-hard and so are their readers in comparison to some continental european countries, there are much worse photos of celebrities or royals in the moral-emotional sense that are put on the front page, no bad concience there.

You know, curiosty killed the cat, so to speak. As long as there are buyers, there will be sellers.

I keep checking in with this thread to see if there's updated news on Friso's condition, but don't care to look at pictures of the family. I really don't want to look at their grieving faces - I find it intrusive on what is ultimately a private matter for them. As always, my best wishes go out to them in this time of great difficulty and sorrow.

I keep checking in with this thread to see if there's updated news on Friso's condition, but don't care to look at pictures of the family. I really don't want to look at their grieving faces - I find it intrusive on what is ultimately a private matter for them. As always, my best wishes go out to them in this time of great difficulty and sorrow.

Well said Baroness, I feel exactly the same way. I keep checking to see if there is some positive update, and find myself depressed all over again with the status quo. I will continue to pray for a miracle for Prince Friso.

Baroness of Books said:

I could not agree more!!!

Yes, there are lots of us still holding this family in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Oh yes and I'd love to get news...this silence is deafening....

There will be no news.
Only if there is some change in the situation.
At the moment the situation is critical but stable, as it was from the beginning

I would imagine that there would be no new news. The doctors at the clinic are probably doing all they can to make Friso comfortable and do medical examinations to see if anything can be done to improvie his condition. Though based on what the previous doctors said....I don't think that is the case.

I believe Queen Margrethe summed it up perfectly...at this point you don't know what to hope for. You hope that he gets better but there is no guarantee. You hope the family finds peace but at what cost....if Friso is in a coma and most likely will never awaken, or able to function in any capacity...do you hope that they have the strength to let him live like that the rest of their lives....so they are grieving but not truly grieving...because there might be a glimmer of potential miracle...or do you hope they have the strength to let him go?

I lost my sister unexpectedly three years ago and my family didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye and not a day goes by that we don't think about her. But would I want her to be in a state of limbo? I don't know. Many members in this very thread have discussed how they dealt with their situations...it doesn't sound like an easy answer. But neither is death.

People used to say to us that it will easier. And I never understood it until it did. It sounds crazy but it boils down to this. It still hurts just not as much. So the pain is a little easier. You still miss your loved one, you still cry at the drop of the hat but its not the constant crying and depression (though to be honest I think I literally went thru the mostions of life for like a YEAR!). Anyone who has lost a loved one probably understands what I am talking about...just a little at least.

I pray that Friso's family finds some sort of peace. I dont' envy them at all.

Last edited:
I also check in here for any news, because I am hurting for the family. I lost my son 3 1/2 years ago, he was slightly younger than Prince Friso but I understand the pain this family is feeling, and I think about them all the time.

Last edited:
I also keep checking in regularly, hoping and hoping that there might be some good news. The family is constantly in my thoughts and also in my prayers.

Every couple of days or so I come to this web site to see if there is any change or update on Prince Friso's condition. Although I don't know him personally, I feel bad for him and his family, especially his children. I keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Basically, nothing has changed and, probably, won't. This is an awful time, no place for closure or mourning, just endless grief.

He's been comatose for nearly a month. I'm not a doctor, and I certainly don't pretend to be, but that's not a good sign. I wish for closure and peace for his family, in whatever form it takes.

I personally believe in Lucien's knowledge who has often proven to possess some sort of intimate knowledge. When he says as he did that Friso's case is hopeless, then I believe him.

I don't think we'll get more official information.

The Prince of Orange was supposed to attend a concert with Princess Máxima in Paris on Saturday night.
At the last minute he cancelled this engagement and Princess Máxima went alone.
He decided to pay his brother Friso a visit at the Wellington Hospital in London.
I wonder if this means something...
Why did he decide to go to London so suddenly and cancelled his engagement at the last minute?
I find it strange, especially because he was in London earlier this week.
I don't want to speculate, but since we won't get official information on Friso's condition, we have to look at other signs.
By the way; Princess Máxima didn't have a nice evening in Paris; when she entered the Concert Hall, some members in the audience booed at her and someone shouted: "Vive la Republique!"

The Prince of Orange was supposed to attend a concert with Princess Máxima in Paris on Saturday night.
He decided to pay his brother Friso a visit at the Wellington Hospital in London.
Why did he decide to go to London so suddenly and cancelled his engagement at the last minute?

A worrying sign indeed, but I think if there was something really serious or the Prince's condition had worsened, the whole family would have gone to London, the Queen and Princess Maxima included. Maybe Willem-Alexander just missed his brother and wanted to see him. Sometimes you can't explain people's actions through mere logic or rationality.

I hope W-A just deciding to visit Friso is the case, but given the overall situation and that there doesn't seem to be any promising outcome, we have to see if this is significant in case anything has changed and W-A wanted to see his brother privately, thus cancelling his engagement. But we can only speculate and can't look too deeply at whatever they're doing at this time.

Last edited:
I think W-A canceling at the last minute is a sign for concernn with his brother's condition. Unfortunate that CP Maxima had to endure negative outbursts by herself, as I'm sure having W-A by her side would have have that easier, I suppose

We can all just speculate. Personally I doubt that the family will make any decision before the situation has not seen half a year with no changes and signs for hope.

We don't know what the family is doing, thinking and deciding apart from knowing how much they all hurt. Is something final happens, we will be informed immediately. All other information should be put in the thread about the Royal involved and we all can speculate then what the secret meaning is, if there is any at all, as we surely do, but IMHO we should not do it here. Just my opinion, of course.

But out of respect for the family, we should simply wait till they deem it right to inform the public about the situation. :flowers:

You don't cancel a previous engagement on a whim, not usually. But no one knows, so it is all speculation. The French who booed are just plain rude.

I find it strange, especially because he was in London earlier this week.
I don't want to speculate, but since we won't get official information on Friso's condition, we have to look at other signs.
By the way; Princess Máxima didn't have a nice evening in Paris; when she entered the Concert Hall, some members in the audience booed at her and someone shouted: "Vive la Republique!"
Didn't Prince of Orange already have an engagement in UK earlier in the day? I have seen photos of him and Prince Michael.

Didn't Prince of Orange already have an engagement in UK earlier in the day? I have seen photos of him and Prince Michael.

I think it was the day before, which makes it most odd. And, yes, Lucien, seems to know what he is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom