The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Royal Highness

Oh no! Unbelieveably sad for his family. I hope the very best for them during this sad time.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Royal Highness

I really feel bad. I had a very bad sense of foreboding when I read that shortly after queen Beatrix (an Friso) arrived in Lech the village was not longer reachable by car due to avalanche danger. But foreboding is one thing, knowledge of the tragic accident as we have it now is something else. The poor family!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

A very sad news today!! I hope the daughter of prince Frisia will know the situation of their father smoothly!! They may not understand well about it now but they will do that day by day!! Moreover, I hope princess mabel and the rest member of the family to be strong to face this difficult time
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Royal Highness

These are so sad news. His daughters are very young. How awful for the whole family!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Very sad news indeed.

But at least his family knows and they can move on from here.
Severe braindamage is not what is was just ten years ago. The treatment continues to improve and Prince Friso will have access to the best possible care and treatment. - Who knows what will be possible five years from now?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy

This is just awful! I really cannot describe how I feel right now!

I am so sorry for them. No family should endure this pain and agony over a loved one. It's just so overwhelming to think that this person is not your husband anymore, you father, your son, your brother, your friend. He is there, but you have no idea whether he will be him again.

Right now, I can only wish them the best in this long process of recovery.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose it's important to keep some sense of hope for the future. Look at Gabrielle Giffords, brain damage doesn't get much more severe than having a bullet shot through it at point blank range. And yet, she continues to make great improvements, although of course it has affected her greatly.

Perhaps all is not lost.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
Sad news...shivers down my spine, lump in the throat and tears in my eyes. Feels as if it is a family member of mine. All the best to the DRF especially his wife and children.
Your words match my reaction. Just awful, and I feel like crying now for the family.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I suppose it's important to keep some sense of hope for the future. Look at Gabrielle Giffords, brain damage doesn't get much more severe than having a bullet shot through it at point blank range. And yet, she continues to make great improvements, although of course it has affected her greatly.

Perhaps all is not lost.
I agree with you but what is remarkable in Gabby Giffords' case is that her intern happened to be a nurse and knew to keep he head up, etc. Unfortunately Prince Friso was buried for, as the doctors said, "one can say too long". It seems Prince Friso's case is the worst of circumstances. I'm hoping for the best though, as it will be the family who will suffer the most during this time.

My prayers and thoughts are with the NLRF
Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Courtier

Very sad news indeed.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am very moved by these very bad news
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Nobility

This is so sad. I hope for the best for Frisco and his family in the furture.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Where would Prince Friso likely be moved? UK or Neatherlands? In the US Ms Gifford was moved to THE premiere brain injury rehabilitation facility in the country, but as I recall, she had to early responses that lead her doctors to believe that recovery was attainable. That did not seem the case for Prince Friso based on the press conference, I hope I'm horribly wrong.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Nobility

It is going to be hard to carry on. I hope his family finds console and strengh in God. Prince Friso will have the best doctors and treatment and it is comforting for the family to know that they are able to provide for everything possible on Earth and the case now rests only in God's hands. Where there is life, there is hope.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Does it mean he may remain in a vegetative state till the rest of his life???

Do not walk, move sit up, speak, wash and feed by himself, with the necessity of having diapers changed...what a nightmare!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Oh this is awful...as cruel as it sounds it might actually be worse than death. It is at least certain, in this state you would always be wishing and hoping for a recovery but it is a unknown so how long do you hope for?

Came from the lovely Swedish baby news to this, really puts life into perspective. Now e difficult decision of where to treat Friso, with his extended family and wife and children living In Different countries it will be hard for everyone. My heart goes out to the entire family, at this moment you remember that Beatrix may be a Queen but first and foremost she is a mother...her heart must be breaking.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Does it mean he may remain in a vegetative state till the rest of his life???

Do not walk, move sit up, speak, wash and feed by himself, with the necessity of having diapers changed...what a nightmare!
Terrible news and the worst situation to be in.

I hope that nature will decide (that he either wakes up and has rehabilitation or his body succumbs quickly and he dies) and this heavy burden is not being placed on his family (in case he stays in coma and is kept alive by machines only).

My heart goes out to the DRF, who are so close, natural and fun-loving. Their lives will be changed forever.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Courtier

Oh noooo! That's (apart from death news) the worst news we could possibly get. So great news from Sweden and so bad news from the Netherlands/Austria. There really is a very thin line between heaven and hell.

All my prayers to Prince Friso and his family. As long as he stays alive there's still time for wonders.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Horrible news. My heart bleeds for them.... somebody who is still there but not really....
Old 02-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Nobility

DutchNews.nl - Queen Beatrix cancels engagements, family to remain in Lech

Quote:
"Queen Beatrix Cancels Engagements, Family to Remain in Lech

The queen has cancelled several engagements and will remain longer in the Austrian resort of Lech to be close to her son Friso, the state information service RVD said on Thursday."

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix