The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would like and hope that today we will hear for another great news

Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
You are absolutely correct. The initital chock will wear off and acceptance of the situation will set in. Human beings have an amazing ability to continue on even in situations like this. No matter how harsh it may sound but life goes on. Let's hope the family have indeed received some good news.
Human brain has so many resources that even the world's best doctors cannot explain. I had a similar experience when I was only 9 due to a severe illness. I had one of the so called 'near death experiences'. I remember that as one of the best experiences I had in my life. So stay hopeful. Prince Friso is a strong, healthy man. I'm sure he'll be staying with his family for more years to come.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Dutch royals thank public for support with Prince Johan Friso still in critical condition
Prince Johan Friso accident: Royals visit the Queen's son - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Dutch Prince Johan Friso fighting for his life after avalanche accident
Dutch Prince Johan Friso fighting for his life after avalanche accident - hellomagazine.com
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Beatrix and the Prince of Orange will return briefly to The Netherlands to attend to official engagements at the beginning of next week and then return to Austria.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/1...in_Lech__.html

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/du...s-appointments
Old 02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Queen Beatrix and the Prince of Orange will return briefly to The Netherlands to attend to official engagements at the beginning of next week and then return to Austria.

Koningin Beatrix blijft langer in Lech - Binnenland | Het laatste nieuws uit Nederland leest u op Telegraaf.nl [binnenland]

Dutch Queen cancels appointments | Radio Netherlands Worldwide
Life indeed does go on and there are many decisions that the Dutch Royal Family members are facing. Prince Friso of course cannot remain indefinitely in an Austrian hospital and many wonder what next steps will be taken. The Prince and his family live in London, so will they go back there to fulfil the chidren's school needs? All depends of course on the Prince's condition; one cannot imagine what the family is going through and thoughts and prayers are with them.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Commoner

His condition really depends upon how long he was without oxygen. The fact that he was revived is a positive sign. If there is any hope that he will recover - in any way - he will most likely be moved to another hospital. Then, if he continues to improve, he will have a long road of rehab in front of him, because the lack of oxygen would have indeed caused a brain injury, and depending what areas were affected, his rehab will center around that; and will take time to be be diagnosed.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Nobility

This story was in the DailyMail today...I know every situation is different but it does give some hope that there is hope for Friso

British skier Rhianna Shaw's miracle escape from Austrian avalanche | Mail Online
Old 02-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I feel bad for the children, but the prince should have known this would happen.

If he didn't want the children to be photographed and followed, he shouldn't have brought them to a public place where the media is covering a dramatic, breaking story about the family. The children would have been left in peace at home or on vacation elsewhere with friends.

Again, I'm not saying the media is right, nor do I think that frightening children is a good thing ever. But, if the prince is that concerned, he can move the children out of the spotlight and end the problem very easily.
Why should Mabel not have her children there? Why should the CP not have his children there? It is the press who are intruding. I'm sure there have been attempts by the press to somehow make their way to Friso's room.

I say let the Prince lose his temper.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann View Post
This story was in the DailyMail today...I know every situation is different but it does give some hope that there is hope for Friso

British skier Rhianna Shaw's miracle escape from Austrian avalanche | Mail Online
Thanks for this insight into what must be a nightmare experience. The fact that Ms Shaw is alive to tell the tale indeed is encouraging in the case of Prince Friso but, as we don't know the extent of his injuries we must continue our cyber vigil. There is by the way a young man in Utrecht who is holding a vigil for the Prince at the city's famous cathedral
Eenmanswake in Utrecht voor Friso - Utrecht - AD
Old 02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Why should Mabel not have her children there? Why should the CP not have his children there? It is the press who are intruding. I'm sure there have been attempts by the press to somehow make their way to Friso's room.

I say let the Prince lose his temper.
The prince can take his children anywhere he wants. But, he should know that if he's going to take them to the spot where the media are following one of the biggest stories around the royal family in decades, the entire family will be under constant press scrutiny.

If he wants to shield the children from that, he shouldn't bring them into the media circus.

He can control the children; he can't control the media.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you saying that the press has no responsibility, other than to get a photo?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Are you saying that the press has no responsibility, other than to get a photo?
It's not a question of whether the media is right or wrong. The fact is, either way, they're going to hound the royals when they're moving around in public in the middle of one of the biggest stories in a long time.

If the prince thinks that asking them to back off will change things, he's being naive. Instead of losing his temper or risking the children being harassed, he'd be wiser to simply keep them out of the line of fire.

He's been through this kind of thing before, so he should know better.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

Her Majesty the Queen will return to the Netherlands this coming weekend shortly for private appointments.
According to journalist Marc van de Linden there are rumours that she will have a meeting with Prime Minister Rutte this weekend.
This could well be possible because there must be something really urgent I think for the Queen to return to the Netherlands while her son is still in a critical condition.
Ofcourse they will discuss Friso I think as well as other matters in the country but I must say that, if this rumour that they will meet be true, I am afraid that they could also possibly be discussing how to handle things if Friso were to die (which I seriously hope not!).
The more time passes, the more worried I get.
I pray every day for Friso and his family...
Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77
Her Majesty the Queen will return to the Netherlands this coming weekend shortly for private appointments.
According to journalist Marc van de Linden there are rumours that she will have a meeting with Prime Minister Rutte this weekend.
This could well be possible because there must be something really urgent I think for the Queen to return to the Netherlands while her son is still in a critical condition.
Ofcourse they will discuss Friso I think as well as other matters in the country but I must say that, if this rumour that they will meet be true, I am afraid that they could also possibly be discussing how to handle things if Friso were to die (which I seriously hope not!).
The more time passes, the more worried I get.
I pray every day for Friso and his family...
Wilhelm is going as well, they're both going for royal engagements and will be back in Austria next week.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

I was just wondering when the Queen schedule was supposed to resume. I'm sure it will not be easy to got through the various engagements.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I was just wondering when the Queen schedule was supposed to resume. I'm sure it will not be easy to got through the various engagements.
Please see posts 504 and 513
Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is Friso job?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalene View Post
His condition really depends upon how long he was without oxygen. The fact that he was revived is a positive sign. If there is any hope that he will recover - in any way - he will most likely be moved to another hospital. Then, if he continues to improve, he will have a long road of rehab in front of him, because the lack of oxygen would have indeed caused a brain injury, and depending what areas were affected, his rehab will center around that; and will take time to be be diagnosed.
Yes, hypoxic brain injury is the real concern. 20 minutes without oxygen to the brain (and other organs) is very bad. Though because his body was in a very cold environment, that may help.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
What is Friso job?
Chief Financial Officer for a uranium enrichment company called URENCO. Urenco has their main offices in Stoke Poges, Berkshire, UK, and have plants in the Netherlands, Germany, Capenhurst UK, and New Mexico in the US. Prince Friso is now taking care of all four plants.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Please see posts 504 and 513
Oh yes, thanks, my post was unclear but it was, in fact, written in response to the posts above.

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix