The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,074
I have removed several posts which had nothing to do with anything related to this thread. Please try and stay on topic.

Also, the Dutch mods would like to ask everyone to keep their attitudes in check - we understand that this thread is an emotional one, but please, there is no need for arguments.

JessRulz
Dutch Forum Moderator
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #462  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Just one question how far away is the hospital in Innsbruck from Lech? I was wondering why the family or at least Princess Mabel and the Queen simply don't stay somewhere close to the hospital so that they avoid travelling time. But maybe I am mistaken and the distance is not that far or other reasons like keeping the kids occupied or because of security reasons played a master role as well.

I truely hope that the prince will get better soon.
The trip between Lech and Innsbruck takes an hour and a half.

The most logical reason for Mabel and Beatrix to stay in Lech is that is where their family is - the people who can give them support. And as they have all eight children there in Lech, it would be make a difficult situation worse on the children if Mabel and Beatrix were to disappear for several days on end staying in Innsbruck. This way, the children - more specifically Luana and Zaria - still have semblance of a routine.
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #463  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Naggi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dusseldorf, Germany
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
The trip between Lech and Innsbruck takes an hour and a half.

The most logical reason for Mabel and Beatrix to stay in Lech is that is where their family is - the people who can give them support. And as they have all eight children there in Lech, it would be make a difficult situation worse on the children if Mabel and Beatrix were to disappear for several days on end staying in Innsbruck. This way, the children - more specifically Luana and Zaria - still have semblance of a routine.
Thank you, JessRulz.
__________________
  #464  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:52 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Just one question how far away is the hospital in Innsbruck from Lech? I was wondering why the family or at least Princess Mabel and the Queen simply don't stay somewhere close to the hospital so that they avoid travelling time. But maybe I am mistaken and the distance is not that far or other reasons like keeping the kids occupied or because of security reasons played a master role as well.

I truely hope that the prince will get better soon.
It is 130 km from Lech to Innsbruck,about a two hours drive through the Alps.HM and the Princess wish to stay close to the children,to maintain a as normal as possible stay for them too,and ofcourse it is very important to have the whole family together at one point at this time,it helps cope.
__________________
  #465  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Patra's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern, United States
Posts: 2,207
I had no idea it was such a long commute each way! Does Mabel usually visit once each day? I'm sure the hospital has extremely strict visitation policies in these cases for loved one's protection, as well as other patients in their care?
__________________
Patra
God is in the Details.....
  #466  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:57 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
I had no it was such a long commute each way! Does Mabel usually visit once each day? I'm sure the hospital has strict visitation policies in these cases for loved ones protection, as well as other patients in their care?
Twice a day,in the morning with HM,in the evening with other members of the family,or like last night with Prince Constantijn and dear friend Florian Moosbrugger.In between she is with her children and HM.

The hospital requested earlyer this week to minimize the amount of visitors for Friso.In similar cases only two at most at the time are admitted at the bedside.
__________________
  #467  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
It is 130 km from Lech to Innsbruck,about a two hours drive through the Alps.HM and the Princess wish to stay close to the children,to maintain a as normal as possible stay for them too,and ofcourse it is very important to have the whole family together at one point at this time,it helps cope.
Plus it is a comfortable and known environment for the family. There are some good hotels at Innsbruck but it's not as convenient as their known holiday home for so many years. Compared to that the drive is not so bad. And from Landeck onwards it's the motorway anyway, so it's not as if they have the feeling their are touring the Alps again and again.
__________________
  #468  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,621
I had assumed that Friso was well out of the danger zone as there has been no media reports on the story here in the UK since the day it happened.

I hope that Friso is able to make a strong recovery and the lasting effects of the lack of oxygen are as minimal as possible.
__________________
  #469  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I had assumed that Friso was well out of the danger zone as there has been no media reports on the story here in the UK since the day it happened.

I hope that Friso is able to make a strong recovery and the lasting effects of the lack of oxygen are as minimal as possible.
No no,he is still fighting for his life and thus his condition remains critical.
No changes.The first prognosis is maybe due by the end of this week,not sooner.

News - Het Koninklijk Huis

The bulletins.
__________________
  #470  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Naggi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dusseldorf, Germany
Posts: 791
What an effort for the whole family: knowing that a dear one is fighting for his life, keeping the children occupied, dealing with the media attention and travelling to and from the hospital. My deepest respect to all of them.
__________________
  #471  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,375
Lucien ,
Prince Friso came earlier in Lech than his brothers who had to wait until the beginning of the school holidays in the Netherlands.
The end of this week will be very important for HRH future bulletins and the first Prognosis and the Stay of the RF in Lech . Poor RF Family , already 5 days the Prince is fighting for his life .

Do you know if HM books the whole Post Hotel for her stay or are their other Guests in this Hotel ?
__________________
  #472  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,293
Why they do not move all to Insburg?? It should be exhausting to travel 3 hrs perd day!
__________________
  #473  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Why they do not move all to Insburg?? It should be exhausting to travel 3 hrs perd day!
Not for privacy and comfort in an environment they've known most of their lives,no.Not an option,and in this case I very much doubt anyone in the family feels it as an exhausting trip at all,they are pre-occupied with matters far worse then a daily three hour trip.Six hours for Princess Mabel as she visits her husband twice a day.

@ Maria Olivia,no,HM isn't the only guest but as discretion is top priority in establishments as Gasthof Post,it comes natural that no-one lurks at others or is otherwise offensive or respectless.At this level of luxury one can expect there are more then a few people staying who just as much welcome their privacy,and are sometimes just as well or even better known.The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima stay at a place a little down the road from Gasthof Post.I believe it has some 45 or 50 rooms and suites,something like that so it wouldn't be economical to rent that out to just one family even if that is the Royal Family.They are all habitué in the place for years,decades even in case of our RF.

Have a look:

http://www.postlech.com/
__________________
  #474  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,864
Queen Beatrix of the Neatherlands and her daughter-in-law Princess Mabel arrive at the hospital in Innsbruck, Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012, five days after the Queen's second son Prince Johan Friso was rushed to the intensive care unit of Innsbruck's main hospital after he was buried by an avalanche.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...W9cRi/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...TuaSB/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Dn8Iw/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Zi9Up/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Qr2Hj/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ND91R/x610.jpg
__________________
  #475  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Queen Beatrix of the Neatherlands and her daughter-in-law Princess Mabel arrive at the hospital in Innsbruck, Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012, five days after the Queen's second son Prince Johan Friso was rushed to the intensive care unit of Innsbruck's main hospital after he was buried by an avalanche.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...W9cRi/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...TuaSB/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Dn8Iw/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Zi9Up/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Qr2Hj/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ND91R/x610.jpg
thanks for these pictures, although one feels guilty looking through the lens of the papparazi There is however the opportunity of 'reading' the faces and body language of HM and her daughter-in-law. That slight smile may give rise to optimism perhaps? The Dutch tabloid de Telegraaf reports the expectation that the prince's body temperature is now being brought up to normal levels, so let's hope there will be good news soon. Dum spiro spero
__________________
  #476  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,773
Their faces do look a bit more relaxed, and you can see some smiles. Hopefully that's an indication of some optimistic news.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #477  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:08 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,856
Sad to see them in such a situation but the Queen & Mabel seem to slide a smile but gives hope that there is an improvement or good news.
  #478  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sad to see them in such a situation but the Queen & Mabel seem to slide a smile but gives hope that there is an improvement or good news.

No,not so I'm afraid..This afternoon a bulletin was released which,again,stated there is no change in Prince Friso's condition,at all.The medical team says they will come with a prognosis as soon as they think possible,but that is not yet the case.

The bulletin followed immediatly after HM and Princess Mabel had left the hospital after their daily visit.HM and the Princess did smile at one point.
The word by the medical team can indicate a prognosis might be delayed.

That might mean the prognosis might be delayed due to the present condition of Friso,who is still fighting for his life.For 5 days in a row.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/globale.../english/news/
__________________
  #479  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Noor Mariam's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 309
Many thanks for sharing those pics. Yes, it seems their faces are more relaxed and maybe that is a good indication. Really hope that Prince Friso gets better every day !! He is constantly in my prayers.
__________________
  #480  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
No,not so I'm afraid..This afternoon a bulletin was released which,again,stated there is no change in Prince Friso's condition,at all.The medical team says they will come with a prognosis as soon as they think possible,but that is not yet the case.

The bulletin followed immediatly after HM and Princess Mabel had left the hospital after their daily visit.HM and the Princess did smile at one point.
The word by the medical team can indicate a prognosis might be delayed.
Thank you Lucien. I always wait for your comments as they are truthful and not "sugar coated", which is what is needed now. My local small church has placed his name on their 'prayer circle list'. It all helps.
__________________

__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Closed Thread

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]