The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
I ski avidly and have since I was a little girl. Skiing off trail (or piste) means an opportunity to ski in the most amazing fresh powder and a lot of times one can be tricked into a false sense of security because the groomed trail are so (relatively) safe, you just sort of forget in the moment.

I wear avalanche beacons whenever I ski, purely out of precaution. If I'm tempted to ski of trail, I at least have the beacons. While I listen to the reports, it's still my decision to go or not and 9 times out of 10, I choose off trail when presented the chance..
Most skislopes are so crowded with people that any reasonable skiing is almost impossible unless you leave the crowds. Besides a lot of people should not even be there if one judge by their skiing ability. There are lots more serious accidents on the slopes than off piste.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Majesty

The dutch neuro-surgeon Tulleken who talked with an apparent doctor of the Prince with his journalist wife as a witness will be heared by the Inspection General of the Ministry of Health for breach of medical ethical rules in publicly speaking on the health of the Prince on matters confidential and a breach of the privacy of the patient,in this case Prince Friso.Dr.Tulleken apparently talked with someone who said he was in the team of the doctors attending to Friso while he wasn't.Tulleken,and his wife,took all that was said for thruth,but it is now evident that the whole story told by Austrian so-called neuro surgeon Claudius Thomé was made up and way besides the actual situation concerning Friso as he isn't at all a member of Friso's medical team as it turned out.....Are you all still with me?..

He said that the Prince did not have injuries except for being without oxygen for 20 minutes.That was wrong.Friso's situation is much more complicated and life-treatening then they made us believe,then I hoped to believe too due to their story inspite of it being not ethical.

Incredible but tonight his wife,the journalist Jannetje Koelewijn,is in one talkshow while he is in the other...what sick wacko's are that!?

I am very very worried for Prince Friso,I'm afraid.Keep him in your thoughts and keep him and wife & children,HM and the RF in your prayers,burn a candle even tho there is nothing else to say on the matter and all we all can do is wait.Even his mother and wife and other loved ones can do nothing else but that.What a tragedy,what ordeal to them.Truly sad.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

Incredible but tonight his wife,the journalist Jannetje Koelewijn,is in one talkshow while he is in the other...what sick wacko's are that!?

Just a sad reflection of modern society's addiction to "reality" shows. Everyone wants their "15 minutes of fame".
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Austrian tv had a short interview with Kristl Moosbrugger who eems to be very shocked still:
NOS Nieuws - 'Koningin heeft Florian als eigen zoon behandeld'

She said that HM took Florian in her arms and comforted him. She treated him like her own son. Mrs. Moosbrugger also adds that the two thought they were safe as there were a lot of trails in the snow. I can not imagine Mrs. Moosbrugger (or her son) will talk to the press without the approval of the RF. They have NEVER uttered a word before (and the family goes to Gasthof posts for 3 generations already), so ....

----
About Jannetje Koelewijn: she did seem odd indeed. And her case is very weak, and what she said didn't help it at all. She doesn't seem the sensationalistic type -at all- and neither is the NRC though.

-------

According to royalblog's twitter Princess Mabel is tonight accompanied by her younger sister Eveline Wisse-Smit.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

No, I wasn't referring just to the skiing accident. There were a few other blurbs on the bottom of the screen that had been first shown on Thursday and Friday that were still being run on the weekend. Case in point: 'The US Postal service is seeking a .50c stamp.' So, when I saw the story 'Dutch prince(they didn't even know his name)severely injured in Austrian avalanche' I thought: 'Gee a new story', and then I thought, 'how awful'. Lucien, thank you for your comment. I appreciated it very much.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
The dutch neuro-surgeon Tulleken who talked with an apparent doctor of the Prince with his journalist wife as a witness will be heared by the Inspection General of the Ministry of Health for breach of medical ethical rules in publicly speaking on the health of the Prince on matters confidential and a breach of the privacy of the patient,in this case Prince Friso.Dr.Tulleken apparently talked with someone who said he was in the team of the doctors attending to Friso while he wasn't.Tulleken,and his wife,took all that was said for thruth,but it is now evident that the whole story told by Austrian so-called neuro surgeon Claudius Thomé was made up and way besides the actual situation concerning Friso as he isn't at all a member of Friso's medical team as it turned out.....Are you all still with me?..

He said that the Prince did not have injuries except for being without oxygen for 20 minutes.That was wrong.Friso's situation is much more complicated and life-treatening then they made us believe,then I hoped to believe too due to their story inspite of it being not ethical.

I am very very worried for Prince Friso,I'm afraid.Keep him in your thoughts and keep him and wife & children,HM and the RF in your prayers,burn a candle even tho there is nothing else to say on the matter and all we all can do is wait.Even his mother and wife and other loved ones can do nothing else but that.What a tragedy,what ordeal to them.Truly sad.
I pray for Prince Friso, his family and the whole dutch royal family every day and will continue to do that. That idiotic neuro surgeon and his idiotic wife should be in prison and not in a tv show !
Old 02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
No, I wasn't referring just to the skiing accident. There were a few other blurbs on the bottom of the screen that had been first shown on Thursday and Friday that were still being run on the weekend. Case in point: 'The US Postal service is seeking a .50c stamp.' So, when I saw the story 'Dutch prince(they didn't even know his name)severely injured in Austrian avalanche' I thought: 'Gee a new story', and then I thought, 'how awful'. Lucien, thank you for your comment. I appreciated it very much.
No, we don't get the level of detail here in the U.S. media the way the European coverage is. All in all, a terrible ordeal for the family and for Prince Friso's skiing companion as well, I can imagine.

Is the prince still in a medically induced coma, or are the doctors attempting to rouse him at this point?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Majesty

@ Baroness of Books:No,he is still sedated as we call it,medical induced coma and I dont believe the doctors even attempt to rouse him'.one reason being he is still in a extremely critical condition and is much more comfortable in the present state.I know that sounds awfull,and it is,sorry.

The avalange that hit the Prince and Mr.Moosbrugger was larger then first thought,not 50 but 200 meters wide according to the police investigation.Furthermore the slope was checked that morning and they had tryed to get an avalange going with the use of dynamite,9 times even (!) but nothing moved so it was cleared as safe.The Prince and Mr.Moosbrugger felt completely safe because of it.

A police investigation is customary in these cases,also Mr.Florian Moosbrugger was heard today.He and the Prince are friends ever since they were todlers and he is also the propietor of Gasthof Post.

I feel sorry for Florian Moosbrugger and hope will not feel any guild in this,it wasn't his fault,I hope his loved ones can convince him of that.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
@ Baroness of Books:No,he is still sedated as we call it,medical induced coma and I dont believe the doctors even attempt to rouse him'.one reason being he is still in a extremely critical condition and is much more comfortable in the present state.I know that sounds awfull,and it is,sorry.
This may be a translation issue, but a medically induced coma is quite different from sedation. In a medically induced coma, doctors use drugs to slow brain metabolism in order to avoid brain damage and give the body a chance to rest.

Sedation is when a person is anesthetized to the point that they may not feel pain and/or may go into a deep sleep.

I believe there are a lot of other technical differences, too.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
This may be a translation issue, but a medically induced coma is quite different from sedation. In a medically induced coma, doctors use drugs to slow brain metabolism in order to avoid brain damage and give the body a chance to rest.

Sedation is when a person is anesthetized to the point that they may not feel pain and/or may go into a deep sleep.

Kalnel,thank you,I know full well what it is.Ok,for the love of translation errors lets call it medical induced M.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have only heard this news and my thoughts and prayers are with the Dutch royal family and everyone else involved.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Nobility

more photos or news
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The avalange that hit the Prince and Mr.Moosbrugger was larger then first thought,not 50 but 200 meters wide according to the police investigation.Furthermore the slope was checked that morning and they had tryed to get an avalange going with the use of dynamite,9 times even (!) but nothing moved so it was cleared as safe.The Prince and Mr.Moosbrugger felt completely safe because of it.

A police investigation is customary in these cases,also Mr.Florian Moosbrugger was heard today.He and the Prince are friends ever since they were todlers and he is also the propietor of Gasthof Post.

I feel sorry for Florian Moosbrugger and hope will not feel any guild in this,it wasn't his fault,I hope his loved ones can convince him of that.
I just can't get over the turn of events here; that the area was dynamited 9 times with no avalanche, then one occurs when the prince and his friend are on the trail. What a terrible, unfortunate situation that no one could foresee; the area was tested for danger, after all, and they thought they were safe. You just can't predict what can happen, even when you think you're prepared for any situation.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
more photos or news
No,not until the end of this week,at best.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Kalnel,thank you,I know full well what it is.Ok,for the love of translation errors lets call it medical induced M.
Just for the love of accuracy. Being sedated would imply he has a much less serious condition than being kept in a coma.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

On top of being in an induced coma he is probably also being kept somewhat artificially cold and will be warmed up gradually so that all his organs and brain tissue don't suffer from a rapid transition in temperature.There is a protocol to do this and it takes time.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM

Dear people,

Some videos from Dutch television:

The moment Dutch press heard about the accident, our prime minister was giving his weekly conference. Media asked him about the accident. He answered the only thing he knew was that our Queen was still okay.

NOS Nieuws - Rutte: het betreft niet de koningin

Princess Mabel and her sister leave the hospital

NOS Nieuws - Mabel vertrekt bij ziekenhuis

Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel visit Friso on the intensive care

NOS Nieuws - Koningin Beatrix en prinses Mabel aangekomen in Innsbruck
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post

Thanks for the explanation of the two different types of procedures. Here is the link to the website of American Society of Anesthesiologist Induced Coma vs Anesthesia

Has there been any official word whether he is in coma or sedated?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he feels better soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Thanks for the explanation of the two different types of procedures. Here is the link to the website of American Society of Anesthesiologist Induced Coma vs Anesthesia

Has there been any official word whether he is in coma or sedated?
Medically induced coma seems most likely given his accident and comments made that a prognosis likely won't be possible until the end of the week.

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix