Girl for Prince Friso & Princess Mabel - Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou: June 18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
magnik said:
The Queen looks sooo radiant with the girls:)
For me Luana has something from both her parents. But from who more I don't know.

P.S. When we could see the photo of Beatrix with all her grandchildren?

I don't know, but I don't think very soon. :(

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!
Luana is so cute and Zaria is a beautiful baby.

those photos are lovely. i'm in love with the one of luana laughing... it's beautiful and so spontaneous!

i'm also glad this time they didn't take so long to release official photos... it was a great surprise to see zaria so quickly!

I also thanks for the very nice pictures of the queen and her two
grandchildren in London ! I send them a postcard and hope I get
a nice card of them back.

Last edited:
lucien said:
Only the direct descendants of the Monarch in line to the Throne,The Prince of Orange and his children in our case,will bear the title Prince/Princess.

The children of the other sons of the Monarch will bear the title Count/Countess.They will cease to be members of the Royal Family,
(as that will consist of the then King and Queen and their children,as well as the previous Monarch in case HM abdicates),as soon
as Alexander will become King,but ofcourse they will remain members of the Royal House.

This measure was taken to cut government responsibility for the wonderfull ever expanding Royal Family and still counting.....

Thanks for the explanation. That's a good way of cutting down the size of the Royal Family.

Great pictures:) I`m in love with the one of Luana and Beatrix laughing. Really beautiful......

pictures looks nice and little luana always so sweet and smilings like her cousin amilia i would agree with posts!

im sure HM Queen Beatrix will be wonderful grandmother and caring lots of their grandchildren.

im sure you says on posts about christening but zaria will be have christening will be on December 2006 maybe but im not sure when but Friso or Mabel will have discussing about christening like luana did but zaria is less old but we have wait till big baby.

lucien said:
No no Olga,the pics are taken in the London residence of the couple.:)
Lucien, you sure about that? In the interview with Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad, which appeared last spring, it was mentioned that the couple live in a town house in London's Notting Hill, on one of those famous 'mews' streets. The houses there are hardly palatial in size, and in the interview the journalist remarked that Friso's was indeed rather modest. In addition, it was mentioned the couple favored post-modern, mid-last-century furniture, and some of the accompanying pictures proved that.

On these new pictures with Zaria however, we get a glimpse of a room that's definitely very spacey, with a formal-ish theme in terms of furniture going on. Not at all matching the impression I got from the pictures and content of that newspaper's interview last spring.

My take is that perhaps without telling us, Friso's family's embarked on Huis Ten Bosch. Would make all the sense in the world given that these very weeks, the queen needs to be on her post because of the political crisis in her country, what with the cabinet that needs to be formed within the next week by her bud Ruud Lubbers and co. So my sense is that these pictures were taken in the Netherlands.

beautiful fotos, the photo of the family is the firstpicture of friso with luana in his aarms!
great!

princess olga said:
Lucien, you sure about that? In the interview with Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad, which appeared last spring, it was mentioned that the couple live in a town house in London's Notting Hill, on one of those famous 'mews' streets. The houses there are hardly palatial in size, and in the interview the journalist remarked that Friso's was indeed rather modest. In addition, it was mentioned the couple favored post-modern, mid-last-century furniture, and some of the accompanying pictures proved that.

On these new pictures with Zaria however, we get a glimpse of a room that's definitely very spacey, with a formal-ish theme in terms of furniture going on. Not at all matching the impression I got from the pictures and content of that newspaper's interview last spring.

My take is that perhaps without telling us, Friso's family's embarked on Huis Ten Bosch. Would make all the sense in the world given that these very weeks, the queen needs to be on her post because of the political crisis in her country, what with the cabinet that needs to be formed within the next week by her bud Ruud Lubbers and co. So my sense is that these pictures were taken in the Netherlands.

HM did "hop" over to London to see her sons newly extended family,it's just a less then an hour flight,but I understand were you 're coming from.

(Btw,I love the painting covering the wall,and the photo's are absolutely fantastic .

Congrats to Mabel and Friso. I didn't realize they still live in London. Do they still work at a bank? Beatrix' family is growing by leaps and bounds!

luana looks so happy. i adore bea with her grand kids

That's nice we got to see the pictures of the the darling
babies and Queen Beatrix looks so happy!
Wittykitty

I know I am chiming in late...but what great pics.Luana is such a cutie. Zaria with all that hair. Beatrix looks so happy and relaxed. And Mabel...looks wonderful! Such a glow of contentment. And Friso...well..he looks nice too! Happy with his girls.

rchat said:
Congrats to Mabel and Friso. I didn't realize they still live in London. Do they still work at a bank? Beatrix' family is growing by leaps and bounds!

Prince Friso ceased to work for Goldman&Sachs,and is now co-director of TNO Space in Delft,The Netherlands,a dutch governmental research insitute.The Prince has a degree in Aeronautics.As that is a part-time job he fills his space with many other of his interests,one of them being a participant in low-cost airline WIZZ.

Princess Mabel is director EU Affairs of the Open Society Institute,and has her base in London.

I really like this couple.

what a nice daughters i hope we get a nice card with a picture of the ladies..

Congrats to the family! Baby is incredible beautiful。。。。

lucien said:
Prince Friso ceased to work for Goldman&Sachs,and is now co-director of TNO Space in Delft,The Netherlands,a dutch governmental research insitute.The Prince has a degree in Aeronautics.As that is a part-time job he fills his space with many other of his interests,one of them being a participant in low-cost airline WIZZ.

Princess Mabel is director EU Affairs of the Open Society Institute,and has her base in London.

Thanks lucien. I'm impressed that he has a degree in aeronautics... he must be a smart guy! Are you saying he pilots a plane for WIZZ (not sure what you mean by "particpant"). I think W-A is a pilot.
So I guess they divide their time between London and Delft then.
Can anyone tell me what is the Open Society Institute?
Thanks again.

rchat said:
Thanks lucien. I'm impressed that he has a degree in aeronautics... he must be a smart guy! Are you saying he pilots a plane for WIZZ (not sure what you mean by "particpant"). I think W-A is a pilot.
So I guess they divide their time between London and Delft then.
Can anyone tell me what is the Open Society Institute?
Thanks again.

Prince Friso is the wizz-kid of the RF.He studied aeronautics and economics simultaniously,so he has a degree in both,IIRC Cum Laude.

No he doesn't fly himself,he's one of the main share-holders in WIZZ Air,the low cost carrier for middle/central europe with it's base in Hungary.

The Open Society Institute was founded by billionair/filantropist George Soros,for more info here's a link:
http://www.soros.org/

The job takes the Princess on tight schedules the world over to the poorest regions.She does the job with a lot of flair and a broad smile,always introducing herself with a;"Hi,I'm Mabel" to whomever she meets,never using her title.She takes on governments to really get things done for the poorest of the nations and is more often found in the field among those in need.That is where she gets her drive from,along with a boundless enthousiasm.

lucien said:
Prince Friso is the wizz-kid of the RF.He studied aeronautics and economics simultaniously,so he has a degree in both,IIRC Cum Laude.

No he doesn't fly himself,he's one of the main share-holders in WIZZ Air,the low cost carrier for middle/central europe with it's base in Hungary.

The Open Society Institute was founded by billionair/filantropist George Soros,for more info here's a link:
http://www.soros.org/
The job takes the Princess on tight schedules the world over to the poorest regions.She does the job with a lot of flair and a broad smile,always introducing herself with a;"Hi,I'm Mabel" to whomever she meets,never using her title.She takes on governments to really get things done for the poorest of the nations and is more often found in the field among those in need.That is where she gets her drive from,along with a boundless enthousiasm.

Thank you so much lucien for all the information you provided. :)
And I'm glad to hear that Mabel is involved in philanthropic work.

Nohing has been released about that, but I expect that it will take some time again, as it did with the baptism of Luana (almost a year). She will probably be baptised in the Orange-Hall of Palace Huis ten Bosch, like her sister.

I don´t understand, whyyyyyyy do they call their kids by their second name: Amalia, Luana,Zaira. It´s very strange.

Last edited:
rosana said:
I don´t understand, whyyyyyyy do they call their kids by their second name: Amalia, Luana,Zaira. It´s very strange.

Well, it is a quite normal thing in the Netherlands. Often they call somebody by a complete different name then the ones they baptised him/her with. A friend of mine is baptised as Clasina Adriana Wilhelmina, while she is actually called Diana. So there is a difference between the baptism name and the 'roepnaam' (calling name). Very often the 'calling-name' is a shortened derivative from one of the baptism names. So Coby from Jacoba, Kees from Cornelis etc.

With Catharina-Amalia it is a different story btw. As the name is hyphened the two names form one name together. So one calls her Amalia one is using an abreviation from the first of her baptismnames. The Prince of Orange made it claer that her 'calling-name' was Catharina-Amalia. But once he revealed that in private they would only call her Amalia the press and the public took the liberty of calling her that way to, which is incorrect (but it does sound much less heavy for such a small child).

Thanks, it´s very much clear now, it´s a matter of customs. In my country we always use the first name, unless it´s awful so we use the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom