The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

congratulations to the family!

although joanna is not my favourite, i love rest of the names, specially zaria and nicoline... countess zaria sounds great!

they really have a great taste in choosing new, different names and i love it... :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

ok, I just got what Zaria means - couldn't realize it as it's not a name in Russian. It means "dawn" in Russian (and Slavic languages). I haven't heard of anyone called Zaria but now I know the meaning, it seems more attractive.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Congratulations to the happy couple, Luana, HM The Queen and mrs Flos Wisse-Smit.

In general I prefer more traditional names, but ok. The other names have some origin as well. HJA on the Benelux royals MB knows from GDP that Joanna is after the father of the Countess, Prince Johan-Friso (IMO which is weird as he dropped the 'Johan' part from his name and is only called prince Friso these days), Nicoline is Mabel's older sister. Milou is short for Marie-Louise whow as the very popular wife of Stadholder Johan-Willem-Friso, Prince of Orange.

I believe Laurentiens brother Marius has a son as well, so Claus-Casimir feels less alone when he visits his mothers family :)
Old 06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Mabel , Friso and Luana with the birth of baby-sister Zaria
Lovely name I think, and it matches with Luana .
Funny that almost all the grandchildren are born in June : Eloise 8 june , Alexia 26 june , Leonore 3 june and now Zaria 18 june:)
Old 06-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Congratiulations to the couple and little Luana! I think they chose a perfect name for the child, it's just as weird as Luana, but I think I'll get used to it eventually. :) So many granddaughters for the queen! Poor C-C! :p
Old 06-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
ok, I just got what Zaria means - couldn't realize it as it's not a name in Russian. It means "dawn" in Russian (and Slavic languages). I haven't heard of anyone called Zaria but now I know the meaning, it seems more attractive.
Thanks for looking this up, it makes all the difference in appreciating these kinds of names, I think.

All the same, both Luana and Zaria are the types of names more likely to conjure up images in my mind's eye of va-va-voom characters in computer games than they do of poised sophisticated Eurobred Countesses, but anyway. That's of course not these little girls' doing, and I wish both Zaria and her big sister a long and industrious existence with the hopes they'll take after their paternal grandparents in intelligence and spirit.

That said, I also wish the trend among celebrities to pick these 'out there' monikers for their offspring would cool off a bit..
Also, at the risk of boring you all, as I've doubtlessly said this many times before, but I also wish these Dutch royals would show a preference for traditional Dutch names, which are, internationally speaking, just as original as odd-ball choices like 'Zaria'.

Someone who gets it right, or, has so far three times, is in my opinion, Laurentien. She picked names for her kids that reflect their place in society as grandchildren of a reigning monarch, no less. On the other hand a name like Zaria could, in my view, also easily feature in the family tree of, say, a celebrated soccer player for example (not that there's anything wrong with that..)
Old 06-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple...i love the names. It seems as if this generation will have all the girls seeing as the previous generation had all the boys. The Queen and her sisters have quite a few boys between them.

Stellad
Old 06-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
erm..make that SIX granddaughters purple platinum! :)
I admit I'm losing count as well:
So there's in order of birth, if I'm correct, Eloise, Amalia, Claus-Casimir, Luana, Alexia, Leonore and now Zaria.
the Queens grandchildren have really beautiful names!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations !!!!!!
Congrats to the family!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Nobility

Congratulations :)

I was hoping for a boy so Claus-Casimir wouldn't be the only one but it doesn't really matter as long as Zaria is healthy.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

Don't know if it has already been said, but Zaria is the goddess of the beauty in slavic.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:14 AM
Commoner

I know it has something to do with slavic culture!!!i am not fond of the name ziara. I prefer joanna. They coose good names as first for their children(i love emma too). Their second name are weird like luana and ziara. Milou is weird(it the nickname off a friend Marie-Lou actually). The photos are(i read it in privee) previoused for the 29 of june before the queen goes to Italy. It is said that zaria will join her granny too. I 'm not fond of nicoline too.
Here are nice pics of Mabel:

http://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/jumbo_vi_hobbys_oranjes/index.html

http://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/in_onze_blik_gevangen/index.html

http://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/terugblik_met_/index.html

Brunopress.nl and search porto ercole
Fotovantellingen.nl and search mabel

By the way Ziara was born at 04:12 and she is 3700 grams. Does someone know when mabel was admitted in hospital??????
Old 06-19-2006, 04:23 AM
Gentry

Zaria is more of an eastern name, I love it.Very exoctic.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Congatulations to Johann-Friso and Mabel.
I find the names very nice except Milou which reminds me of the name of Tintin's dog!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy

Congrats! I like her name!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Friso, Mabel & Luana!! :) And of course to the respective families!
A beautiful name, Zaria, very exotic. Different, but in a good way
So this makes it, in a girl to boy ratio of grandchildren of HM the Queen, 6:1. Poor C-C!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple. The name it´s quite exotic. I like it.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Congratulation to all the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor of claus-casimir, the only boy...........
the name is quite exotic I really don't know if I like it or not
Old 06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Commoner

i dont like the name but i bet she will be adorable!!
congrats to her family and the queen!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Unique name but nice one. Congratulations to the family!