Girl for Prince Friso & Princess Mabel - Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou: June 18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to see pics hehe :) I Bet shes adorable!

kwanfan said:
Great news! Congrats to the parents, Luana, and their families! But hopefully Anita will have a boy so that Claus-Casimir will have a playmate.

Well...if Anita does...it wil not be a full cousin voor CC...
Like Lucas and Samuel he (or she) is not directly related to him...

Marie_Annemy said:
I really don't like the names. They are not in the tradition of the Dutch royal house and when I first heard Zaria I thought it was a mistake and they meant Maria!
But my congratulations to the parents! I think Zaria is pronounced as: Zah- ree- ah. That is how a Dutch person like I am would pronounce it.

When I hear Zaria I think of Zara Phillips- that was really my first thought when I heard that name. Its differnt & neat

marezdote said:
Congrats to the entire Qrange family. I don't like the names though. They seem quite odd to me.

Zaria refers to the Slav(ic) goddess of beauty.:) Since the Princess spends much of her time in the Eastern european countries due to her work,I guess that's where she "picked" the name from.

im really happy for couple have another girl

Congratulations! Is it a Dutch tradition to call people by their second name? WA usually goes with Alexander, CA usually goes with Amalia, Johan Friso goes by Friso and now Joanna Zaria! But Zaria is a beautiful name and I hope both baby and mommy are doing well. Also congratulations to Luana for being a big sister!

Apparently, Zaria (or Zorya) is the name of the goddess of beauty and of the guardians of the night (aka the Auroras) in Slavic mythology. Wikipedia has some neat information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaria%2C_Slavic and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorya.

I'm wondering what Milou means and how it's pronounced. I've tried looking it up on various name sites, but so far I've found nothing.

Congrats to Friso, Mabel and Luana! I must say, I'm going to have to get used to the name, lol.

purple_platinum said:
Congratulations to to Beatrix who now have 5 grand-daughters & only 1 grandson...
erm..make that SIX granddaughters purple platinum! :)
I admit I'm losing count as well:
So there's in order of birth, if I'm correct, Eloise, Amalia, Claus-Casimir, Luana, Alexia, Leonore and now Zaria.

congratulations to the family!

although joanna is not my favourite, i love rest of the names, specially zaria and nicoline... countess zaria sounds great!

they really have a great taste in choosing new, different names and i love it... :)

ok, I just got what Zaria means - couldn't realize it as it's not a name in Russian. It means "dawn" in Russian (and Slavic languages). I haven't heard of anyone called Zaria but now I know the meaning, it seems more attractive.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the happy couple, Luana, HM The Queen and mrs Flos Wisse-Smit.

In general I prefer more traditional names, but ok. The other names have some origin as well. HJA on the Benelux royals MB knows from GDP that Joanna is after the father of the Countess, Prince Johan-Friso (IMO which is weird as he dropped the 'Johan' part from his name and is only called prince Friso these days), Nicoline is Mabel's older sister. Milou is short for Marie-Louise whow as the very popular wife of Stadholder Johan-Willem-Friso, Prince of Orange.

I believe Laurentiens brother Marius has a son as well, so Claus-Casimir feels less alone when he visits his mothers family :)

Congratulations to Mabel , Friso and Luana with the birth of baby-sister Zaria
Lovely name I think, and it matches with Luana .
Funny that almost all the grandchildren are born in June : Eloise 8 june , Alexia 26 june , Leonore 3 june and now Zaria 18 june:)

Last edited:
Congratiulations to the couple and little Luana! I think they chose a perfect name for the child, it's just as weird as Luana, but I think I'll get used to it eventually. :) So many granddaughters for the queen! Poor C-C! :p

Avalon said:
ok, I just got what Zaria means - couldn't realize it as it's not a name in Russian. It means "dawn" in Russian (and Slavic languages). I haven't heard of anyone called Zaria but now I know the meaning, it seems more attractive.
Thanks for looking this up, it makes all the difference in appreciating these kinds of names, I think.

All the same, both Luana and Zaria are the types of names more likely to conjure up images in my mind's eye of va-va-voom characters in computer games than they do of poised sophisticated Eurobred Countesses, but anyway. That's of course not these little girls' doing, and I wish both Zaria and her big sister a long and industrious existence with the hopes they'll take after their paternal grandparents in intelligence and spirit.

That said, I also wish the trend among celebrities to pick these 'out there' monikers for their offspring would cool off a bit..
Also, at the risk of boring you all, as I've doubtlessly said this many times before, but I also wish these Dutch royals would show a preference for traditional Dutch names, which are, internationally speaking, just as original as odd-ball choices like 'Zaria'.

Someone who gets it right, or, has so far three times, is in my opinion, Laurentien. She picked names for her kids that reflect their place in society as grandchildren of a reigning monarch, no less. On the other hand a name like Zaria could, in my view, also easily feature in the family tree of, say, a celebrated soccer player for example (not that there's anything wrong with that..)

Congratulations to the couple...i love the names. It seems as if this generation will have all the girls seeing as the previous generation had all the boys. The Queen and her sisters have quite a few boys between them.

Stellad

princess olga said:
erm..make that SIX granddaughters purple platinum! :)
I admit I'm losing count as well:
So there's in order of birth, if I'm correct, Eloise, Amalia, Claus-Casimir, Luana, Alexia, Leonore and now Zaria.

the Queens grandchildren have really beautiful names!

Congratulations !!!!!!
Congrats to the family!

Congratulations :)

I was hoping for a boy so Claus-Casimir wouldn't be the only one but it doesn't really matter as long as Zaria is healthy.

Don't know if it has already been said, but Zaria is the goddess of the beauty in slavic.

I know it has something to do with slavic culture!!!i am not fond of the name ziara. I prefer joanna. They coose good names as first for their children(i love emma too). Their second name are weird like luana and ziara. Milou is weird(it the nickname off a friend Marie-Lou actually). The photos are(i read it in privee) previoused for the 29 of june before the queen goes to Italy. It is said that zaria will join her granny too. I 'm not fond of nicoline too.
Here are nice pics of Mabel:

http://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/jumbo_vi_hobbys_oranjes/index.html

http://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/in_onze_blik_gevangen/index.html

http://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/terugblik_met_/index.html

Brunopress.nl and search porto ercole
Fotovantellingen.nl and search mabel

By the way Ziara was born at 04:12 and she is 3700 grams. Does someone know when mabel was admitted in hospital??????

Last edited:
Zaria is more of an eastern name, I love it.Very exoctic.

Congatulations to Johann-Friso and Mabel.
I find the names very nice except Milou which reminds me of the name of Tintin's dog!

Congratulations to Friso, Mabel & Luana!! :) And of course to the respective families!
A beautiful name, Zaria, very exotic. Different, but in a good way
So this makes it, in a girl to boy ratio of grandchildren of HM the Queen, 6:1. Poor C-C!

Congratulations to the couple. The name it´s quite exotic. I like it.

Congratulation to all the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor of claus-casimir, the only boy...........
the name is quite exotic I really don't know if I like it or not

i dont like the name but i bet she will be adorable!!
congrats to her family and the queen!

Unique name but nice one. Congratulations to the family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom