Dutch Royals edited Wikipedia Entry on themselves: August 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost couldn't believe it!:eek: this is almost tabloid stuff :lol:

Is plain stupidity, if they wanted to change the content, why couldn't they make someone do it somewhere else?:cool: they are experts on screwing things up when it comes to Mabel's past and such:cool:

no, they had to do it by themselves:bang:
smart, reaaaaaaaaally smart Friso and Mabel...:rolleyes:

it's even reported here in the San Francisco Chronicle:

Dutch Royals Caught Revising Wikipedia

One Chronicle reader's comments is: "Cowardly and deceitful House of Orange....what else is new?"

Boy oh boy. Mabel sure knows how to get bad PR. And you know what: she deserves it. Big time. Mabel, you blew it, with your utter disdain for anyone but the criminal and powerful. Glad you're not in line for the throne.

PM J-P saved his own,then younger and incompetent,behind.
Disagree. The PM saved the Dutch nation AND the monarchy by ensuring this upstart will never ever sit on the Dutch throne. Thank goodness.

If he hadn't, and if something would have happened to Alex and Maxima, god forbid, then Mabel would have had to become queen, which could have easily led to a public revolt with a REpublic as a result. No one in the Netherlands wants that woman on the throne in a million years. Again, the PM did everyone a favor including the monarchy.

I don't understand why the press release confirming the edit was made. Or why did they have to do the changes from the Queen's palace, and why did they have to do the changes at all - the information was correct, the PM did refer to it as incomplete and incorrect.

Very interesting. I wonder who else has edited their wikipedia pages. :hmm: :lol:

The Australian government,as was reported last week,and no doubt many others,not in the least that piece of land across the big pond I'm sure.
:yuk:....but that's O/T

This is such a waste of time. We've seen a ton of other official sources have edited wikipedia articles that might be controversial or incorrect. It's really not fair to trace who has been editing articles in general, it's invading privacy. They probably edited it from the first computer available, they didn't think that anyone would be able to find out where it was from.

Well, the problem is they aren't setting the record straight. The official version of the Prime Minister is that the information they gave was false and incomplete. They removed the remark false. IMHO it would have been better to edit the sentense, saying that the PM called it false and incomplete while in their own version it was just incomplete (sigh). But better still would be if they just left it alone and moved on. Everybody else already had but now this entire issue is back in the press again.

They are really rediculed in the press for this action btw, for two people who are usually referred to as 'very intelligent' they keep making silly mistakes.

Last edited:
The Australian government,as was reported last week,and no doubt many others,not in the least that piece of land across the big pond I'm sure.
:yuk:....but that's O/T

Well I know all that...its been reported on in the news...I was referring more to the royal side of things. Which Princes or Princesses have gone in & "touched up" their pages :D.
Why did they do the corrections at the palace? Do they not realize that IP addresses can be tracked? :doh:

They are really rediculed in the press for this action btw, for two people who are usually referred to as 'very intelligent' they keep making silly mistakes. \

Some people say that the more degrees you have (& the smarter you are) the less common sense you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the PM who changed the words in the first place as written down in the letter of the couple to the PM and gave his own twist to it at the time by adding the "and false" bit.Un-ethical?Yes.All in all it was him that didn't handle this situation due to himself and the amateurs in the information/security services of whom he is responsible and should have done their job right but failed hence the mess.PM J-P saved his own,then younger and incompetent,behind.

Why his own twist? They already said that the PM was using the word 'false' while they didn't regard that as such? Still, it is his, and his department's word against Mabel as none of us knows what the couple originally told.

I agree that the PM was rather clumsy, boith in this case and in the one of Margarita. Social Democrats are usually far more competent in dealing with Royal scandals... ;)

Well I know all that...its been reported on in the news...I was referring more to the royal side of things. Which Princes or Princesses have gone in & "touched up" their pages :D.
Why did they do the corrections at the palace? Do they not realize that IP addresses can be tracked? :doh:

Probably they never thought that somebody would bother to look if and where the page was editted. And even if they did they wouldn't do anything with that information either.

The only reason why this gets so much attention is this: The Dutch Press dislike Mabel, a majority of the Dutch people dislike Mabel. And if nothing a good row unites the Dutch people. Especially a row about people we already dislike.
My god this editing was from januari 2006, and was removed after a few hours.

I'm fed up with this nonsense. They made some mistakes in the past, should have been more open about things. The former and Current PM are to blame as well. Get over it and give them a new chance.
Their both doing good work, they AREN'T retarded or anything, only career driven perhaps.

I feel many people still hold a grudge against the couple because they 'damaged' the reputation of the royal house and hurt Our Queen who we hold in such high esteem.
Forgive and forget shall we say?

As far as I know the Wiki article refers to the site where you can read their letter to the PM

Why his own twist? They already said that the PM was using the word'false'while they didn't regard that as such? Still, it is his, and his departm,ents word against Mabel as none of us knows what the couple originally told.

I agree that the PM was rather clumsy, boith in this case and int he one of Margarita. Social Democrats are usually far more competent in dealing with Royal scandals... ;)

Odd but true.

NRC Handelsblad had a rather balanced article today, quoting Peter Rehwinkel in praise of the RVD for their quick response. The quick response ensured that the Prime Minister didn´t have to get involved and HM stayed in the clear. The article ends with the remark that in english ´incorrect´ is a better translation of the PM´s ´onjuist´. ´False´ is too strong.

Read the entire article here (in Dutch only)

Clever. . . . .I can't believe they wouldnt know all the wiki stuff is traceable!

Apparently when they changed the wikipedia page at Huis ten Bosch palace, HM The Queen was not at home but in hospital for her knee surgery.

Here another cartoon I found of the wikipedia incident.

From expatica:

Mabel regrets Wikipedia changes

13 September 2007
AMSTERDAM - Princess Mabel regrets her changes to the entry on her in Wikipedia, but does think she had the right to alter the entry, the Volkskrant reports.
Mabel said this in a conversation with Wikipedia founder Jimbo Wales, who talks about the conversation in an interview on Wikipedia. Wales recently met Mabel in China.

Read the entire article here.

And here we see the real Princess Mabel dancing behind the boss of wikipedia, Jimbo Wales. As the lady says in the end, this is going on youtube right now.

And here we see the real Princess Mabel dancing behind the boss of wikipedia, Jimbo Wales. As the lady says in the end, this is going on youtube right now.

She is so weird, really. :yuk:

One moment she changes her wiki entry, the other she's dancing behind wiki's boss. How does she do that? :rolleyes:

And after that the wiki boss was interviewed by a news paper and said that Mabel was realy sorry for the uproar this all caused. Sigh.

He replied something about Mabel to RTL boulevard and send a cc to Mabel, so now the programme has Mabels e-mail adress.

I must say I found the video itself quite funny and amusing.
Mabel seems nice and very intelligentto me but pretty weird too.
Her husband doesn't seem very friendly, she looks nicer than him. His facial expression is a bit obscure. I am not surprised about them changing the website.

Sorry, but the video was really, really weird.:ermm: I know they were most likely just playing around, but still, that's odd behavior for a grown woman her age.

I also don't like this WikiScanner, or whatever they call it. Friso and Mabel had just as much right to edit the article as everone else, and I know they didn't think anyone would find out about it. I personally see it as an invasion of privacy, for them and anyone else.

info?

what was the false information that the princess provided to the prime minister?

She said she didn't know mobster Klaas Bruinsma while she actually had an affair with him.

I know that this is an old thread, but I am just reading it for the first time. It is hilarious! Mabel seems very strange, and in need of some good p.r. Anyone who would wear that bow-train is definitely strange.

Well, she doesn't need good PR I suppose, her husband isn't in line of succession any more. So I suppose they will can lead a rather private life in London and continue to persue their professional carreers (which is most impressive in Mabels case). She will never become an active member of the RF like Princess Margriet for example, but she will just pop up for family events, like Princess Christina.

I know that they not in the line of succession, but I would think that the family must be frustrated with her behavior at times. They are still part of the family, and are associated with the crown. I guess that every family has strange relatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom