Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A short Remembrance moment was observed at the Second Room of Parliament today in honour of Prince Friso.Parliament convened for the first time after the summer holidays.Chair of the Second Chamber,Anoucka van Brakel said she had conveyed her respects and that of Parliament to Princess Mabel,Princess Beatrix and HM King Willem-Alexander at the time of Friso's passing..

An official Memorial event will be held later this year.

Last edited:
An official thank you by the Royal Family for all the love and support they received upon the passing of Friso.

Royal House website today.

imagegen.aspx

What a lovely and very personal thank you from the Royal House

That is so thoughtful and very classy.

Very kind. It hurts my heart that the will do a public Memorial Service and open these terrible wounds.

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Hello people , i hope you all had a nice day :)[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Just a question : does someone know where i can send a card to princess mabel , luana and zaria ? It isnt written on the website [/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Hello people , i hope you all had a nice day :)[/FONT]

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Just a question : does someone know where i can send a card to princess mabel , luana and zaria ? It isnt written on the website [/FONT]
I am sure that if you write c/o to them at the main Palace address in Den Haag it will be given to them. They are used to it.:flowers:

What a lovely and very personal thank you from the Royal House

The Remembrance Service for Prince Friso will be on November 2nd at the Oude Kerk,Delft,the church he was married in 2004 and opposite his former home while a student in Delft.

Family,friends and collegues of the Prince are invited,the service will be aired.

Last edited:
The Remembrance Service for Prince friso will be on November 2nd at the Oude Kerk,Delft,the church he was married in 2004 and opposite his former home while a student in Delft.

Family,friends and collegues of the Prince are invited,the service will be aired.

How sweet about it being where he was married, yet hurtful for Mabel I am sure. So sad. Thank you:sad:

The Remembrance Service for Prince friso will be on November 2nd at the Oude Kerk,Delft,the church he was married in 2004 and opposite his former home while a student in Delft.

Are you sure the Service will be aired? It is not mentioned anywhere, according to NOS.nl the Service is private.

How sweet about it being where he was married, yet hurtful for Mabel I am sure. So sad. Thank you:sad:

Surely Mabel must have had her say on this and wanted it to be in a special place of the two of them. Or maybe it was simply a place that meant a lot to friso, hence why he married there, and those who knew him wanted to pick a place that he liked.

Are you sure the Service will be aired? It is not mentioned anywhere, according to NOS.nl the Service is private.

Yes I noticed that too,but initially a "public Remembrance service" was announced,to be aired on Ned1 or 2.We'll see.

Surely Mabel must have had her say on this and wanted it to be in a special place of the two of them. Or maybe it was simply a place that meant a lot to friso, hence why he married there, and those who knew him wanted to pick a place that he liked.

That's what I was trying to say, and as always, my post wasn't clear:lol:

It makes me sad that they will have to replay this "First Part", and feel the pain, agin. May they be blessed with peace.

Yes I noticed that too,but initially a "public Remembrance service" was announced,to be aired on Ned1 or 2.We'll see.

According to Jeroen Snel, presenter of the Dutch tv-program Blauw Bloed, on Twitter, the Memorial Service won't be broadcast live, but fragments of the registration will be released to the press, just as it happened with his funeral.

The Royal Dutch Mint will issue a Commemorative coin in honour of HRH Prince Friso which they hope to have available by november 2nd,the date for the Memorial Service in honour of the late Prince in de Oude Kerk,Delft.

It will be a coin in the line of Royal House commemorative coins,and will not be a valid in monetary transfers.

Last edited:
From the website of the Royal Court of Norway, 2nd November
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will attend a Memorial Service for His Royal Highness Prince Johan Friso of the Netherlands. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise will also be in attendance.
The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements

From the website of the Royal Court of Norway, 2nd November
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will attend a Memorial Service for His Royal Highness Prince Johan Friso of the Netherlands. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise will also be in attendance.
The Royal House of Norway - Official engagements

I wonder if members of other European Royal Families will attend the service. Perhaps some royals from Belgium, Luxembourg or Sweden?

I wonder if members of other European Royal Families will attend the service. Perhaps some royals from Belgium, Luxembourg or Sweden?

Perhaps Sophie and Edward might represent the BRF.

As for the Danish Royal Family, only the Prince Consort has an engagement on 2 November, but sadly there's no information on kongehuset.dk about a possible Danish attendance.

Last edited:
Hasn't the Oude Kerk in Delft a famous bell that's rarely rung?

The largest of the two bells in the tower of the church is called the Bourdon bell. It is only used on special occassions: for funerals of members of the royal family for example. The bell is too heavy to be rung each day: the vibrations will damage the tower.

-
I am not sure how large the royal representation will be. In the end te prince was not a member of the royal house and he didn't attend too many foreign royal evens either.

-
I am not sure how large the royal representation will be. In the end te prince was not a member of the royal house and he didn't attend too many foreign royal evens either.

TRH Crown Prince Haakon and his sister Princess Märtha Louise of Norway will be in attendance.The Prince was a God child of King Harald.
1450159_670401976318301_1685717617_n.jpg

A documentary will be aired later this afternoon on Prince Friso on NED,and it will also be aired on BVN tonight at 19.35PM.

No LIVE footage but pics and footage will be released after the service as was the case on august 16th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YcwKB2B-wU

Last edited:
Bono from U2 was there,I wonder how he got invited?

It seems as if Mabel is wearing a shorter version of the outfit that she wore to WA's inauguration ceremony. I love her hair and hat -- which she had this look for the wedding last month.

Back
Top Bottom